Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
Judge: No Estate Rights For NY Mom Who Killed Kids

By Frank Eltman of Associated Press

November 6, 2013

Brewer drowned her three children in 2008 and is now seeking a piece of their estate.

Attorney Peter Kelly had said Leatrice Brewer was seeking a share of the children's $350,000 estate as a way of blocking their fathers from getting the money.

MINEOLA, NY — A judge says a New York woman who drowned her three children in 2008 is not entitled to a share of their estate.

The ruling was made Wednesday in the case of Leatrice Brewer.

Attorney Peter Kelly had said she was seeking a share of the children's $350,000 estate as a way of blocking their fathers from getting the money.

Brewer's bid hinged on whether New York's "Son of Sam" law that bars criminals from profiting from their crimes applied to her case. But the judge at the Long Island hearing had noted that because she was never convicted, Brewer might not be subject to the law.

Brewer, 33, slashed her daughter's throat before drowning her and two younger brothers in 2008, believing she was saving them from the deadly effects of voodoo. Hours after the killings, she survived two suicide attempts — swallowing a concoction of home cleaning fluids and later jumping out a second-story window.

She was found not guilty because of mental disease or defect in the deaths of the children, ages 1, 5 and 6, and was committed to a state psychiatric hospital.

The money comes from lawsuits the fathers settled with Nassau County over claims that social services workers failed to properly monitor Brewer.

**Thanks to Megamel29 for additional information on this incubator**

Woman Who Drowned Her 3 Children in the Bathtub Gives Birth to 4th in a Psych Ward After Conceiving WHILE Incarcerated

Leatrice Brewer drowned children, aged 1, 5 and 6, at home on Long Island

She then tried to kill herself by drinking household cleaning chemicals

Judges found her not guilty over 2008 killings because of mental illness

She has since given birth to a 4th child conceived while in psych ward

By Associated Press Reporter and Emma Thomas
dailymailuk

11 October 2013

A woman who admitted drowning her three young children in her Long Island bathtub five years ago has given birth to a fourth child while incarcerated in a secure psychiatric hospital, the I-Team has reported.

Leatrice Brewer, 33, was found not guilty because of mental disease or defect in the 2008 deaths of her children, and has been held ever since at the secure Mid-Hudson Forensic Psychiatric Center in New Hampton.

Her case returned to the public eye recently because she is trying to collect $350,000 from a settlement that the childrens’ fathers won from Nassau County in wrongful death lawsuits.

But now, Innocent Demesyeux, the father of two of the three children Brewer killed, says he has been contacted by a lawyer trying to find an appropriate placement for the newborn Brewer had while in custody.

'She told me Leatrice had a baby while she was in that facility,' Mr Demesyeux said in an interview.

It is unclear who the new baby’s father is, or under what circumstances Brewer became pregnant. The state Office of Mental Health, which oversees Mid-Hudson, declined to comment, citing privacy laws.

Attorney Tom Foley, who represents Mr Demesyeux, said 'it's outrageous' that Brewer was able to conceive a child while incarcerated.

'This person's supposedly in a secure facility and she gets pregnant. This is the woman who had no idea what she was doing when she murdered her children.'

Leatrice Brewer admitted she drowned the children in the bathtub of her apartment in New Cassel, on Long Island about 20 miles east of New York City, in February 2008.

Because she was technically found not responsible for the children's deaths, lawyers say she may be able to claim some or all of the $350,000 estate their fathers won.

However, even if the judge rules she can collect, Brewer is not expected to see any of the money. "There is a $1.2 million security payment listed against her for the cost of psychiatric counseling and other services she has received since her arrest", lawyers have said.

Another option the court could consider is to award some or all of the money to Brewer's baby as her heir.

It is unclear who currently has custody of the newborn.

After Nassau Surrogates Court Judge Edward McCarty decides whether Brewer is entitled to collect, he must make a similar ruling about the children's two fathers. If he finds that the men effectively abandoned their children, they may not be entitled to any money, lawyers say.

The judge has scheduled a hearing on the matter on November 6.

Brewer's case drew has drawn attention to the actions of Nassau County's social services agency, whose caseworkers visited the mother's apartment two days before the killings and found no one home but neglected to schedule an immediate follow-up visit. Two social workers were later suspended.

Lawsuits against the county filed by the father of Brewer's one-year-old son, Innocent Demesyeux, and five-year-old son, Michael Demesyeux, were settled for $250,000.

A lawsuit filed by the father of Brewer's six-year-old daughter, Jewell Ward, was recently settled for $100,000.

Photo 1 - Leatrice Brewer is seen in this 2003 arrest photo provided by the Nassau County Police Department.
AP Photo

Photo 2 - Brewer has reportedly given birth to another child at a secure facility. Mentally-ill Brewer, 33, was found not guilty of the deaths of her three children

Photo 3 - Happy children: Brewer drowned Jewell Ward (left), six, and Michael Demesyeux (right), five, as well as their one-year-old brother Innocent (not pictured)

Photo 4 - Innocent Demesyeux (pictured), the father of two of the three children Brewer killed, says he has been contacted by a lawyer trying to find an appropriate placement for the newborn

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
brewer.jpg  

brewer2.jpg  

brewerkids.jpg  

brewer3.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 11-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 449 Post(s)
Quoted: 21531 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss37846
Re: Judge: No Estate Rights For NY Mom Who Killed Kids

The Following User Says Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 11-06-2013, 06:25 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

The nerve of some psychos!

Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

I hope that bitch gets her head kicked in. Burn in hell Cunt

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Flaka:
IC10021
Old 11-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

This is the same woman that got pregnant and gave birth at the mental hospital, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 11-07-2013, 11:12 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
This is the same woman that got pregnant and gave birth at the mental hospital, right?
I'll have to look her up, Meg.

I never heard of her.

It is. Thank you I added it to the OP, with credit to you.

Reading the story at your recommendation, it sounds like a big insurance scam to me.

Where did the $350,000.00 come from

Megamel29
Old 11-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
I'll have to look her up, Meg.

I never heard of her.
Woman Who Drowned Her Three Children Gives Birth To Her Fourth Baby

diamondsmiles
Old 11-07-2013, 11:41 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Great minds think alike!

I just added it to the OP. I guess this will be moved there now.

No wonder you remembered her! It was your post

I thought her picture looked familiar, but, I couldn't figure out from where.

Megamel29
Old 11-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Great minds think alike!

I just added it to the OP. I guess this will be moved there now.

No wonder you remembered her! It was your post

I thought her picture looked familiar, but, I couldn't figure out from where.
I read so many articles sometimes I get them mixed up but the details sounded too much alike. No wonder!

diamondsmiles
Old 11-08-2013, 01:38 AM
IC10021
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1183

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss324

Quote:
...Reading the story at your recommendation, it sounds like a big insurance scam to me.

Where did the $350,000.00 come from
$350k came when fathers sued county for failing to protect the children that were in the mother's custody.

Quote:
The money comes from lawsuits the fathers settled with Nassau County over claims that social services workers failed to properly monitor Brewer.

Quote:
Lawsuits against the county filed by the father of Brewer's one-year-old son, Innocent Demesyeux, and five-year-old son, Michael Demesyeux, were settled for $250,000 ($125k for each child).

A lawsuit filed by the father of Brewer's six-year-old daughter, Jewell Ward, was recently settled for $100,000.
______

What to do with the money?

How about we make sure the woman is unable to conceive any more children, please?

(I bet neither the fathers nor the mother were thinking of using any money for that, huh?)

______

Quote:
However, even if the judge rules she can collect, Brewer is not expected to see any of the money. "There is a $1.2 million security payment listed against her for the cost of psychiatric counseling and other services she has received since her arrest", lawyers have said.

Another option the court could consider is to award some or all of the money to Brewer's baby as her heir.

After Nassau Surrogates Court Judge Edward McCarty decides whether Brewer is entitled to collect, he must make a similar ruling about the children's two fathers. If he finds that the men effectively abandoned their children, they may not be entitled to any money, lawyers say.

The judge has scheduled a hearing on the matter on November 6.
So, if neither the mother nor the fathers are entitled to collect the money from the estates of the three dead children, then the money may be redirected to pay for the mother's psychiatry bills (doctors and hospitals) and also for the support and welfare of the newborn.

______

Quote:
...Innocent Demesyeux, the father of two of the three children Brewer killed, says he has been contacted by a lawyer trying to find an appropriate placement for the newborn Brewer had while in custody.

'She told me Leatrice had a baby while she was in that facility,' Mr Demesyeux said in an interview.

It is unclear who the new baby’s father is, or under what circumstances Brewer became pregnant. The state Office of Mental Health, which oversees Mid-Hudson, declined to comment, citing privacy laws.

Attorney Tom Foley, who represents Mr Demesyeux, said 'it's outrageous' that Brewer was able to conceive a child while incarcerated.

'This person's supposedly in a secure facility and she gets pregnant. This is the woman who had no idea what she was doing when she murdered her children
Where in the world would the county get the inspiration to ask Mr. Demesyux for help to place the new baby up for adoption? Could the county be inspired by their obligation to protect his parental rights and responsibilities that might have been established by a paternity test ordered by a judge? Maybe.

Ofc Mr. Demesyux could just sign papers relinquishing his parental rights, but that might make the news, no? His current gf, fiance, wife might get wind of that story, huh? So his lawyer throws out a "red herring", saying something inflammatory to deflect attention away from his client and direct attention to what responsibility the county might have in the conception of the new child (maybe).

I

Keep blaming the women..... (but don't stop impregnating them.)

The Following User Says Thank You to IC10021 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles