Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss3473
Re: Judge Denies Request to Release Bin Laden Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post
one thousand billion dollars, huh.. hmm.. so a trillion dollars? in the United States, we use commas for big figures.. periods mean something completely different. never seen more than one. they teach us national debt in economics class over here. im sure that $4000 has gone up
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trillion

Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21528

Where's the one politician who has photos when we need him?? Damn! They're too worried about sex scandals in the US.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 04-27-2012, 11:43 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymosh2 View Post
to bad no one thought to whip out a cell phone and leak some grainy footage

I think the pointers sleep at the time of the bin laden attack. Most of their services are used in the day light.

The first fake pictures to come out were horrible! I could have drawn them better!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:51 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
Would anyone believe them if they were or would it be like 911?

Constantly debated and theorized on the internet?

It would be easy to fake them, or easier if he made a public appearance to disprove his death.

I think we are taking umbrage at the fact another country again criticizes the USA and "demands" it do something, rather than the release of photos.

Personally, I don't care, why wouldn't you believe it? So easy to disprove if you DIDN'T kill him.
I think the only real question is when he died.
A lot of people think its possible he died long ago, but with him officially dead the war or terror would be harder for people to stomach..... Personally I don't know, it just seems a bit inconsistent with what has been the previous policy regarding releasing images.

Some day if everything is actually declassified it will be cool to know just what we don't know now.... After seeing what was going on behind the scenes in the Cold War ( the little that has been released ) I'm sure there is a ton we don't know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
brendan123, Bukowski
Old 04-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8121 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 11/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss17004

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I think the only real question is when he died.
A lot of people think its possible he died long ago, but with him officially dead the war or terror would be harder for people to stomach..... Personally I don't know, it just seems a bit inconsistent with what has been the previous policy regarding releasing images.

Some day if everything is actually declassified it will be cool to know just what we don't know now.... After seeing what was going on behind the scenes in the Cold War ( the little that has been released ) I'm sure there is a ton we don't know.
I have to agree, NOTHING that comes out of D.C. isn't staged and planned for maximum effect and that includes the release of photos.

So many questions over the years: Pearl harbor, Bay of Pigs, JFK, RFK, 911 and lots of cold war stuff as you mentioned. It's too bad some many things won't be unsealed til after we are gone, it would be great to know the answers and stories now

ArtOfLife
Old 04-28-2012, 05:33 AM
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:632

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883

Lol no one is ever going to see said pictures, because they don't exist. Government lying to it's people, is anyone actually surprised?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:17 AM
RedneckR0nin
Offline:
goinggoingGONE
Poster Rank:14
I am a man yes I am and tell ya so

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 5369 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss44935
The government is not lying for logistical reasons mentioned below.

1. The States pissed on Pakistan in the International stage. Why would they further damage a already strained relationship? They need Pakistan in the war on terror to try and prevent Taliban being pushed out of Afghanistan and area to prevent them from going to Oman and Yemen. It's simple political logic and geographical logic.

2. It had to come out that the information was in part achieved or tried to be achieved through water boarding. This is a major fucking PR disaster for the already questionable Foreign policy and prisoner treatment other America gives. The Feds aren't fucking idiots guys. They know their name is mud and having to fight that press campaign is a pain in the ass.

3. They lost a stealth Black hawk in that mission. With a cost of what 40 million plus how much invested research and development. All to lose it to China eventually. If you think the States is going to give away military secrets to "pull one over you" they don't need to cause your blind and a fucking idiot.

4. You remember those pictures of the Situation room where Obama is in the corner hunched over looking at the screen along side Clinton. You notice who else is in that room? REPUBLICANS. You think for a New York minute that the Republicans, Knowing their is a election just a short year and a half away, are going to back a incumbent president whose a democrat? If you do think that then I reiterate your a fucking idiot.

You see this was not a successful smooth mission. This cost the States a ton of shit. They also showed the pics to certain members of congress, both sides of the political spectrum and no I e denied it wasn't him. Some tried to use it as a bit of leverage saying tat the president should release them ...go figure they were all Republican. Are you all that ignorant to politics? It's simplistic to see really. Cause if you think they would have done all the above simply to look cool well their is no help for you. You need to go back to grade 6 cause these types of tells are just that ..grade 6 political knowledge.

The Following User Says Thank You to RedneckR0nin For This Useful Post:
slash4321
The Following Users Disliked This Post By RedneckR0nin:
dankboosh
Old 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

That's nice to put him down like that "He's a fucking idiot" because he/she voiced an opinion? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm not very scientific.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
Blewvane, Bukowski, dankboosh
Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 AM
ArtOfLife
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:653
Contributions: 1

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss840

While I cannot agree or indeed even understand a lot of the original posting in this thread, I too think it's terrible and sad they won't be released. My taxes paid for it. 3,000 people lost their lives to that man, and thousands more as the wars went on. It's a duty, not an option, for the government to show that justice was done, hopefully right in his face. I don't think the government is lying, the whole thing cost them way too much. But they should release everything about it, because 3,000 people, so many members of the military, and the families of both gave more than the government did, and every taxpayer funded the mission that killed him.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArtOfLife For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 04-28-2012, 08:31 AM
RedneckR0nin
Offline:
goinggoingGONE
Poster Rank:14
I am a man yes I am and tell ya so

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 5369 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss44935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevee View Post
That's nice to put him down like that "He's a fucking idiot" because he/she voiced an opinion? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm not very scientific.
What are you the Nobel comity or something? I am not using science I am using logic...you know like Spock ranted about?

The Following Users Disliked This Post By RedneckR0nin:
dankboosh