Quoted: 8124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17008
Re: Judge Denies Request to Release Bin Laden Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Overthrowing the elected Government of Iran, installing a dictator who would allow foreign company's to invest in Iranian oil.

Kuwait, 1992.

Iraq, 2003.

I'm sure you're going to tell us that both Iraq wars were for humanitarian reasons, stopping crazy old Saddam etc etc......... So I guess its just coincidence we intervene where there is oil?
Which of those do you have a problem with?

None of your statement is proof we stole oil.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6778 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss13683

Quote:
Overthrowing the elected Government of Iran, installing a dictator who would allow foreign company's to invest in Iranian oil.

Kuwait, 1992.

Iraq, 2003.

I'm sure you're going to tell us that both Iraq wars were for humanitarian reasons, stopping crazy old Saddam etc etc......... So I guess its just coincidence we intervene where there is oil?
Kuwait was to help a ally. And Iraq is a much bigger picture. You ever think Iraq needed to be over thrown for reasons already posted, as well as a precursor to a Iran invasion.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Zambini
Old 05-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17008

Another two bite the dust

Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
Which of those do you have a problem with?

None of your statement is proof we stole oil.
All of them really..... Installing the Shah in Iran directly lead to the Religious nuttbags taking over, which in turn brought us to where we are today.

Saddam would not have gotten to where he was militarily if we had not armed him to fight Iran..... He would have been in no position to invade Kuwait.... Ironic isn't it?

The 3rd Iraq war was based on lies.

It isn't so much about stealing oil as it is about controlling it, and controlling who supplies us.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Kuwait was to help a ally. And Iraq is a much bigger picture. You ever think Iraq needed to be over thrown for reasons already posted, as well as a precursor to a Iran invasion.
Kuwait is an ally with oil, coincidence? Saudi Arabia was home to the vast majority of the 911 highjackers, but they were given a free pass.... Coincidence that our "friends" have something we need?

If Iraq was a precursor to anything, then the Government owes it to tell the truth about it..... Making up reasons isn't supposed to be what the leader of the free world should do, and its not an example we should set.
The only places where we care about freedom or human rights have oil, otherwise half of Africa and places like China, North Korea would have been invaded long ago.
Go wave your freedom flag somewhere else, anybody with a brain isn't buying it.

The bigger picture is Saddam was CREATED by us to fight Iran, and Iran is another situation that we directly contributed to in a bad way, to control its oil.
Its a matter of public record that the CIA helped overthrow the elected Government of Iran, to help secure its oil.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Bukowski
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 PM
slash4321
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1446
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss244

Quote:
Saudi Arabia was home to the vast majority of the 911 highjackers, but they were given a free pass
The 9/11 hijackers weren't envoys of the Saudi Government, whereas many of the most wanted people in the world were 'arms of the Iraqi Government'.

Quote:
Kuwait is an ally with oil, coincidence?
I don't doubt it is uncoincidental, but why should the US not protect it's own interests on the world stage? Maybe consider that Kuwait only holds about 8% of world reserves in Oil, which isn't a fantastic amount. You must also look conversely at the benefit of having Kuwait as an ally; in 2011 the US exported nearly $3 billion in goods, as well as engaging in the fincancial blocking of terrorist groups among other things!

The Following User Says Thank You to slash4321 For This Useful Post:
Bukowski
Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash4321 View Post
The 9/11 hijackers weren't envoys of the Saudi Government, whereas many of the most wanted people in the world were 'arms of the Iraqi Government'.

I don't doubt it is uncoincidental, but why should the US not protect it's own interests on the world stage? Maybe consider that Kuwait only holds about 8% of world reserves in Oil, which isn't a fantastic amount. You must also look conversely at the benefit of having Kuwait as an ally; in 2011 the US exported nearly $3 billion in goods, as well as engaging in the fincancial blocking of terrorist groups among other things!
Which arm of the Iraqi Government was wanted, for what, and by who? You still eating Tony Blair's bullshit?

The second half is basically Blewvanes argument. I can't say I agree with it as a matter of policy, but basically that is the policy.... and you might be right.

Its the people like Nik who try to say everything is about spreading freedom, human rights and all the other flag waving shit that piss's me off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Bukowski, dankboosh
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17008

^^^^

You have lost way to much credibility over your "helicopter" posting and ignorant comments to be relevant anymore.

It's obvious you are disillusioned and live in a fantasy world reinforced by the immature, irrational and untrue rantings of the OP.

Disregarding PUBLIC facts and information while trying to bend the lies and deceptions of others to fit your agenda/argument is unflattering to say the least.

Bukowski, dankboosh
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
^^^^

You have lost way to much credibility over your "helicopter" posting and ignorant comments to be relevant anymore.

It's obvious you are disillusioned and live in a fantasy world reinforced by the immature, irrational and untrue rantings of the OP.

Disregarding PUBLIC facts and information while trying to bend the lies and deceptions of others to fit your agenda/argument is unflattering to say the least.
Maybe it was just the tail rotor off the helicopter, it was not reported as such but if it is hey, I was wrong.

So now that you've proven me wrong about that, you can enlighten me about everything else I've posted on this page...... But nah, that's gonna be a little bit harder isn't it?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 PM
slash4321
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1446
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss244

Quote:
Which arm of the Iraqi Government was wanted, for what, and by who? You still eating Tony Blair's bullshit?
What I meant by that line of argument was that Saddam was harbouring wanted and known terror suspects; al-Zarqawi, Abdul Rahman Yasin (WTC 1993 bombing), safe housing of the terrorists who murdered Leon Klinghoffer, among others - they were all arms of the Iraqi State.

Quote:
You still eating Tony Blair's bullshit?
Funnily enough I can't stand Tony Blair I think he's an idiot! These are just my own opinions of the whole Iraq thing; i'm actually rather annoyed then if they happen to mimic Blair's!

Quote:
it was not reported as such but if it is hey
It was definitely reported in the English press as the tail roter!?

The Following User Says Thank You to slash4321 For This Useful Post:
Zambini