Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5491
Jesus Says 'My Wife' in Ancient Coptic Papyrus

‘The Gospel of Jesus’ Wife’
A historian of early Christianity at Harvard Divinity School has identified a papyrus fragment in the Coptic language that she says contains the first known statement saying that Jesus was married. The fragment also refers to a female disciple.
Click image for larger version

Name:	scripture-1x.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	394596
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vlmoILJmH4M?version=3&amp;hl=it_IT&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vlmoILJmH4M?version=3&amp;hl=it_IT&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Quote:
The faded papyrus fragment is smaller than a business card, with eight lines on one side, in black ink legible under a magnifying glass. Just below the line about Jesus having a wife, the papyrus includes a second provocative clause that purportedly says, “she will be able to be my disciple.”

The finding was made public in Rome on Tuesday at the International Congress of Coptic Studies by Karen L. King, a historian who has published several books about new Gospel discoveries and is the first woman to hold the nation’s oldest endowed chair, the Hollis professor of divinity.

The provenance of the papyrus fragment is a mystery, and its owner has asked to remain anonymous. Until Tuesday, Dr. King had shown the fragment to only a small circle of experts in papyrology and Coptic linguistics, who concluded that it is most likely not a forgery. But she and her collaborators say they are eager for more scholars to weigh in and perhaps upend their conclusions.

Even with many questions unsettled, the discovery could reignite the debate over whether Jesus was married, whether Mary Magdalene was his wife and whether he had a female disciple. These debates date to the early centuries of Christianity, scholars say. But they are relevant today, when global Christianity is roiling over the place of women in ministry and the boundaries of marriage.
Click image for larger version

Name:	19jesus-cnd-popup.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	394590
Professor Karen L. King, in her office at Harvard Divinity School, held a fragment of papyrus that she says was written in Coptic in the fourth century and contains a reference to Jesus' wife.

Full story:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/19/us...esus-wife.html

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: pdf King_JesusSaidToThem_draft_0917.pdf(343.7 KB, 309 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Dynamo47, Illusion, khathryn, Pyramid_Head
Old 09-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss25945
Re: Jesus Says 'My Wife' in Ancient Coptic Papyrus

Money grab imo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Oswald2001
Old 09-20-2012, 06:03 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

Interesting to say the lease.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Dynamo47
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:379
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1905

It certainly is interesting. I guess if I could have a time machine and use it to go back to one time it would be when Jesus was alive. I would want to meet him and follow him and see if he truly was the son of God or just an excellent speaker and leader who would have been called a cult leader in today's world.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dynamo47 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Megamel29, Rachee
Old 09-22-2012, 02:08 AM
Rachee
Offline:
Southern Belle
Poster Rank:504
goes off half cocked

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo47 View Post
It certainly is interesting. I guess if I could have a time machine and use it to go back to one time it would be when Jesus was alive. I would want to meet him and follow him and see if he truly was the son of God or just an excellent speaker and leader who would have been called a cult leader in today's world.
I think your on to something Dynamo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rachee For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 09-22-2012, 06:17 AM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo47 View Post
reminds me of tripping the rift first episode when they travel to the start of time

<****** width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4lG9RwSbK8s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

Old 09-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Timoli
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2499

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss104

Who the fuck cares....... written four hundred years after Jesus supposedly lived............ WHO THE FUCK CARES!!!! Fuck your retarded god and his son.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Timoli:
BigFoot