Quoted: 8081 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16925
Re: Jeb Bush: 'People Need to Work Longer Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
Or Australia/New Zealand/France/you name it. Temporary Foreign Workers, as the gov't calls them. Talk about exploiting both citizens and foreign nationals.
Where do you work again?

Do you have a union job?

Old 07-12-2015, 08:40 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
Where do you work again?
Follow your own advice and take this shit to the Water Closet.

Quote:
Please take your trolling/ attacks to the WC as the terms dictate.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:43 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16925

Quote:
Follow your own advice and take this shit to the Water Closet.
It's a Serious question, I assume you must have some skin in the game?

Old 07-12-2015, 09:00 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post

Ya, I'm driving jobs out of America.

Unions play a huge roll in American jobs. If you think they don't, I have to stop talking to you. Before your ignorance rubs off.

There's several factors that come into account. And unions are one of them.

Over the last 30 years, unions have seen there manufacturing employment numbers decrease. Non union manufacturing jobs have increased.. That basically alone proves you're wrong.

Foreign and domestic investors are less likely to invest in States where labor cartels operate. That cost jobs

Non unionized companies cost less to operate. Not because of pay, but because of efficiency. Non union companies can promote those who are hard workers and the management can see they can help in other ways. And fire or move bad or inefficient people to other jobs within the company. A unionized company can't do that. Because everything is by the book, a agreement that dictates how everything is to be conducted. From firing, to promotions, to even moving employees to different positions. Performance doesn't have anything to do with your wages. And a guy who walks in the door today makes the same money that someone there 25 years makes.

Unions kill jobs. Stop listening to your liberal life coaches. And calm down pocahontas. If unions were so great everyone would want them.
Non unionized jobs are leaving too you fucking idiot.

I guess you just conveniently ignored that wages in Mexico are less than $5 a day. Do you think you want to work for that?

Caterpillar shut down a plant in Canada, to move to Indiana. The workers here were asked to take a 50% pay cut, lose 4 holidays a year, reduced vacation time, loss of their pension, and drastic cuts to their healthcare plan.
Caterpillar made a 60 billion dollar profit the same year, and closing the plant actually cost more than keeping it open under terms the union could agree to, but they left anyway.

And guess what? Mass layoffs in Indiana now. Next stop? Lol, where the fuck do you think?

Keep on blaming the unions, they're a convenient scapegoat. Someday you'll wake up and finally realize that all manufacturing is leaving.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Sarge99, winvens
Old 07-12-2015, 09:01 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
Serious question: are you willing to stop trolling me outside the Cooler or do I need to report you?

Old 07-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Zambini
Offline:

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16925

Quote:
Serious question: are you willing to stop trolling me outside the Cooler or do I need to report you?
You are trolling me, the thread is about jobs, I asked where you worked.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:09 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
No I do not. I was not lying about being on disability. It's a long story of which I have absolutely no intention of sharing on this forum, because assholes.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:01 AM
Zambini
Offline:

Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16925

It's very interesting you have such strong feelings towards others working when you are at their largesse.

I was told two very interesting things as a young school student, one of which has not come true:

1) Thanks to nuclear energy, electricity will be pennies a day

2) Thanks to modern science and increased productivity, one of the major concerns of the future will be what to do with all the free time everyone will have due to decreased demand for labor.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:31 AM
twayblade
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:392
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1840

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Jeb Bush was born on 3rd base...... Old money and political power, and the asshole thinks he's accomplished it all by himself.

I don't know about in the states, but in Canada a big problem is companies keeping people under 40 hours a week so they don't have to give them benefits. They'll give people 35-39 hours a week and get around things like overtime pay, holiday pay, all that stuff..... Then complain they can't find workers and bring in people from Mexico or India.
I agree, I live in the Okanagan valley in British Columbia. I worked in the packinghouse sorting apples and cherries and most of the workers were East Indian. Most of the pickers in the orchards are Mexican.

I am a white woman who is married to a black man, so cultural diversity is not a problem for me. I just wonder why we have to bring in people from other countries to work when the unemployment rate is moderate to high in some regions.

The Following User Says Thank You to twayblade For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 07-14-2015, 01:07 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Non unionized jobs are leaving too you fucking idiot.

I guess you just conveniently ignored that wages in Mexico are less than $5 a day. Do you think you want to work for that?

Caterpillar shut down a plant in Canada, to move to Indiana. The workers here were asked to take a 50% pay cut, lose 4 holidays a year, reduced vacation time, loss of their pension, and drastic cuts to their healthcare plan.
Caterpillar made a 60 billion dollar profit the same year, and closing the plant actually cost more than keeping it open under terms the union could agree to, but they left anyway.

And guess what? Mass layoffs in Indiana now. Next stop? Lol, where the fuck do you think?

Keep on blaming the unions, they're a convenient scapegoat. Someday you'll wake up and finally realize that all manufacturing is leaving.
Why did it go to Indiana I wonder? No unions possibly?

Washington Post :
The big problem is that when you look at the wage gap we used to see between manufacturing and non-manufacturing, that’s getting smaller,” said William Spriggs, chief economist for the AFL-CIO. Factory workers, he said, spend less than they would if wages were higher, which reduces domestic demand for goods and services: “That’s what we’ve been doing in the United States for the last 30 years,” he said. “We’ve been cannibalizing our own consumer base.” Ohio is laying off, Indiana is not.

Nearly all of the Ohio workers belonged to a labor union. Workers at the Indiana plant don’t. Their fates fit a post-recession pattern: American factories are hiring again, but they’re not hiring union members.

U.S. manufacturers have added a half-million new workers since the end of 2009, making the sector one of the few bright spots in an otherwise weak recovery. And yet there were 4 percent fewer union factory workers in 2012 than there were in 2010, according to federal survey data. On balance, all of the job gains in manufacturing have been non-union

Manufacturing is the industry that many Americans most associate with unions, but the industry has moved away from unionization for decades. There were 12.5 million non-union manufacturing workers in America last year, the same number there were in 1977. In contrast, there were 1.5 million employees represented by a union in 2012 — 6 million fewer than 1977

So why is that Rob? Why are non unionized companies maintaining or growing? And unionized companies are going under? Of course cheaper labor in other countries affects us. Ridiculous trade agreements affect us.
But you are blind if you don't see how unions create less investment. Which create less jobs.