Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673
Re: Jeb Bush: 'People Need to Work Longer Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Jeb Bush was born on 3rd base...... Old money and political power, and the asshole thinks he's accomplished it all by himself.

I don't know about in the states, but in Canada a big problem is companies keeping people under 40 hours a week so they don't have to give them benefits. They'll give people 35-39 hours a week and get around things like overtime pay, holiday pay, all that stuff..... Then complain they can't find workers and bring in people from Mexico or India.
What makes you think he feels like he's accomplished everything by himself?

Old 07-11-2015, 11:37 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
This is exactly why I get a little pissed at government regulations forcing an employer to provide something that we otherwise could pay for ourselves if the system wasn't so fucked up from to bottom.

Prior to the ACA, the only health insurance I needed was a catastrophic plan in the event of cancer or Parkinson's or major trauma or anything of that nature. I was unlikely to ever use it, prescriptions were cheap, and I had a doctor that didn't charge me much without insurance. Awesome.

My employer plan -- which I never opt for even though we have to sit it for the pitch every year -- is costlier each month, and doesn't save me a damn dime for the doctor's visit (much like the policy before it). Thankfully I work for an employer who gives me enough hours, but it would piss me off to think that I couldn't just sign a waiver and tell my employer to give me all the overtime I can handle because I've released them from any obligation to provide benefits to me -- which I don't really want or need in the first place, and could have easily afforded on my own with the money I'm earning -- once I become a full-time+ employee.
Someone has to pay for all the subsidized Healthcare. That's why you're forced to pay for packages you don't want or need.
It's a middle class destroying law.

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
FunkPumpkin
Old 07-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Someone has to pay for all the subsidized Healthcare. That's why you're forced to pay for packages you don't want or need.
It's a middle class destroying law.
I'm not forced to pay for shit. I opt out every year. Let the government have my piddly little extra 1% (which I can calculate according to what I would make at 40 hours a week, not counting what I make in overtime). The money I'm saving by not being enrolled is more than ten times that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Creepy, rob666, winvens
Old 07-11-2015, 07:56 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Unions are partly responsible for the downfall of the middle class. They were greedy, they still are greedy.

Would you build a big company in a place where a union will come in with all these demands every three years? Make it impossible for you to fire bad employees and give good employees promotions. Taking a cut of your employees wages..

Unions had a place at one time. Now they're just running jobs off.
Stfu.

You fucking tell me how anyone in America can compete with Mexico paying less than $5 a day in wages.

It's idiots like you that are driving down everyone's wages. You're too stupid to comprehend that even minimum wage isn't low enough to compete, so instead of blaming your government for allowing this to happen you regurgitate conservative talking points IE placing all the blame on unions.

Even non unionized manufacturing can't compete you mouth breather.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, Sarge99, winvens
Old 07-12-2015, 10:57 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61178

Quote:
If an employee works 29 hours a week, the employer does not have to purchase health care. So instead of working 34.5 hours a week, the long-term trend, you now have a lot of people at 29 hours or less because of bad government health-care policy.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:46 AM
b0g
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:713
transgender

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss739

you can't maintain a middle class when you keep 40 years long min. and low wages frozen while prizes for everything rice

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b0g For This Useful Post:
rob666, winvens
Old 07-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Creepy
Offline:
AFK
Poster Rank:47
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 6540 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss18408

Quote:
Jeb Bush was born on 3rd base...... Old money and political power, and the asshole thinks he's accomplished it all by himself.

I don't know about in the states, but in Canada a big problem is companies keeping people under 40 hours a week so they don't have to give them benefits. They'll give people 35-39 hours a week and get around things like overtime pay, holiday pay, all that stuff..... Then complain they can't find workers and bring in people from Mexico or India.
Same is happening here.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:48 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:

Or Australia/New Zealand/France/you name it. Temporary Foreign Workers, as the gov't calls them. Talk about exploiting both citizens and foreign nationals.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:20 PM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Stfu.

You fucking tell me how anyone in America can compete with Mexico paying less than $5 a day in wages.

It's idiots like you that are driving down everyone's wages. You're too stupid to comprehend that even minimum wage isn't low enough to compete, so instead of blaming your government for allowing this to happen you regurgitate conservative talking points IE placing all the blame on unions.

Even non unionized manufacturing can't compete you mouth breather.

Ya, I'm driving jobs out of America.

Unions play a huge roll in American jobs. If you think they don't, I have to stop talking to you. Before your ignorance rubs off.

There's several factors that come into account. And unions are one of them.

Over the last 30 years, unions have seen there manufacturing employment numbers decrease. Non union manufacturing jobs have increased.. That basically alone proves you're wrong.

Foreign and domestic investors are less likely to invest in States where labor cartels operate. That cost jobs

Non unionized companies cost less to operate. Not because of pay, but because of efficiency. Non union companies can promote those who are hard workers and the management can see they can help in other ways. And fire or move bad or inefficient people to other jobs within the company. A unionized company can't do that. Because everything is by the book, a agreement that dictates how everything is to be conducted. From firing, to promotions, to even moving employees to different positions. Performance doesn't have anything to do with your wages. And a guy who walks in the door today makes the same money that someone there 25 years makes.

Unions kill jobs. Stop listening to your liberal life coaches. And calm down pocahontas. If unions were so great everyone would want them.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:30 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss11708

Free trade ruined the idea of Union jobs. In an era where the money and product would simply circulate within the U.S.

Unions are only efficient in money sink jobs.

winvens