Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707
Re: Jeb Bush: 'People Need to Work Longer Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Jeb Bush was born on 3rd base...... Old money and political power, and the asshole thinks he's accomplished it all by himself.

I don't know about in the states, but in Canada a big problem is companies keeping people under 40 hours a week so they don't have to give them benefits. They'll give people 35-39 hours a week and get around things like overtime pay, holiday pay, all that stuff..... Then complain they can't find workers and bring in people from Mexico or India.
They do that here here, which in a sense created bigger problems. it just spread the same hours and budget around. It made misleading employment numbers. It does like you said, boost the use of Illegals, which is another big issue.

FunkPumpkin, rob666, winvens
Old 07-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Jeb Bush was born on 3rd base...... Old money and political power, and the asshole thinks he's accomplished it all by himself.

I don't know about in the states, but in Canada a big problem is companies keeping people under 40 hours a week so they don't have to give them benefits. They'll give people 35-39 hours a week and get around things like overtime pay, holiday pay, all that stuff..... Then complain they can't find workers and bring in people from Mexico or India.
This is exactly why I get a little pissed at government regulations forcing an employer to provide something that we otherwise could pay for ourselves if the system wasn't so fucked up from to bottom.

Prior to the ACA, the only health insurance I needed was a catastrophic plan in the event of cancer or Parkinson's or major trauma or anything of that nature. I was unlikely to ever use it, prescriptions were cheap, and I had a doctor that didn't charge me much without insurance. Awesome.

My employer plan -- which I never opt for even though we have to sit it for the pitch every year -- is costlier each month, and doesn't save me a damn dime for the doctor's visit (much like the policy before it). Thankfully I work for an employer who gives me enough hours, but it would piss me off to think that I couldn't just sign a waiver and tell my employer to give me all the overtime I can handle because I've released them from any obligation to provide benefits to me -- which I don't really want or need in the first place, and could have easily afforded on my own with the money I'm earning -- once I become a full-time+ employee.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 07-10-2015, 08:20 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
They do that here here, which in a sense created bigger problems. it just spread the same hours and budget around. It made misleading employment numbers. It does like you said, boost the use of Illegals, which is another big issue.
We don't really have the same issues that you guys had with illegals, but what we did have was something called the temporary foreign worker program.

Basically what it was designed for was things such as farm labor, or minimum wage jobs that were not being filled. For a long time the program even allowed the workers to be paid 75% of what the Canadians were being paid for the same job, and excluded the TFW's from a lot of labor laws.

If wasn't long before business started abusing the program, naturally, by falsifying documents to try and claim they couldn't find Canadian workers, in order to pay a much lower wage to people from 3rd world nations. It also got to the point that it wasn't just farm workers, but skilled trades, IT professionals, pretty much all professions.

It was common knowledge this was happening, the media ran countless stories about, and for years the government chose to ignore it.
Why? Business's own our government.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
b0g, FunkPumpkin, kellyhound, teacherof2, TheVrist, winvens
Old 07-10-2015, 08:25 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudigitti View Post
I have 2 jobs fukk that bush cunt and I'm Irish
Lots of Irish coming over to Canada, and there're a hard working tough breed from what I've seen.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:27 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

You just have to hide the beer.

rob666
Old 07-10-2015, 08:33 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11707

As far as Jeb's ass backwards thinking, he either hasn't sat down and figured out the numbers, and is just as dumb as his brother, or he really thinks the other half of America should work more hours to make up the loss of those who can't work.

But on top of that, be pro amnesty, and refugee distribution. If we're going in the hole because of not enough workers to feed the machine, last thing America needs is more people.

TTP trade was the final nail in anyone getting into manufacturing here. Free trade made a huge impact as it was, but now, no one will be able to even build "get by" manufacturing gigs, and afford to pay people. Basically what was left "made in America" will drop out, and more Jobs down the drain.

bdjackass318, kellyhound, rob666, winvens
Old 07-10-2015, 10:30 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
As far as Jeb's ass backwards thinking, he either hasn't sat down and figured out the numbers, and is just as dumb as his brother, or he really thinks the other half of America should work more hours to make up the loss of those who can't work.

But on top of that, be pro amnesty, and refugee distribution. If we're going in the hole because of not enough workers to feed the machine, last thing America needs is more people.

TTP trade was the final nail in anyone getting into manufacturing here. Free trade made a huge impact as it was, but now, no one will be able to even build "get by" manufacturing gigs, and afford to pay people. Basically what was left "made in America" will drop out, and more Jobs down the drain.
The part I really despise is when they characterize blue collar workers as being lazy, stupid or unmotivated. They make it sound like there's a spot for everyone in prosperity land, but there's not

The people at the top need more people at the bottom to maintain their position.

I honestly don't think people born into situations like Jeb Bush was can ever fully comprehend the struggles of working class people. There was nothing out of his reach through his money and political connections.

Yeah man, TTP will be the final nail in manufacturing.
Everybody sits around and blames the unions, but they don't stop to think about what we are competing with. The minimum wage in Mexico is equivalent to less than $5 a day American...... Bangladesh it's 21c/hr, viet nam it's less than $20 a month........ Even if the unions worked for minimum wage it won't make a difference

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, TheVrist, winvens
Old 07-11-2015, 12:46 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Vrist, you're making the perfect case for armed revolution.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, winvens
Old 07-11-2015, 01:34 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Common core can kiss my ass. That's enough right there to make me say no.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:29 AM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6770 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
All of the good, middle class jobs that used to sustain families have been shipped out with free trade.

The top few percent have benefitted greatly, at the expense of everyone else.

It's a great big race to the bottom, going from the unions to "right to work", then out the door to 3rd world shitholes with no labor codes and wages we can't compete with unless we lower our living standards to 3rd world standards.
Unions are partly responsible for the downfall of the middle class. They were greedy, they still are greedy.

Would you build a big company in a place where a union will come in with all these demands every three years? Make it impossible for you to fire bad employees and give good employees promotions. Taking a cut of your employees wages..

Unions had a place at one time. Now they're just running jobs off.