0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Jared Lee Loughner Gets 7 Life Sentences for Tucson Shooting Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaj12 View Post
So why are we keeping him alive again?
Because he's sick.

Your laws are that he only needs to be sane during his trial, so he can attempt to defend himself. They needed to medicate him for a year just to get him to that point.

I think a better question is how did he get access to a gun that easily?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Megamel29
Old 11-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11946

They need to Autopsy his brain NOW as it's only going to rapidly degrade in prison.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaj12 View Post
We make it expensive and difficult to execute someone. When there's solid proof, confession and the whole nine yards..why do we keep them alive for decades?

If we're trying to deter people from committing crimes wouldn't it deter more people if they were going to be killed right away than spend the rest of their lives not having to work, get to watch TV, free meals, free healthcare, etc.?

What I don't get is some people say it's wrong to kill a killer that killed an innocent person but then they want them to suffer the rest of their life in jail.

I guess I'll never understand why we're so afraid to step on someone's toes here but when another country does something we don't like we bomb them to hell.
I'm not opposed to having a convicted murderer put to death. It's the fact that so many innocent people have been imprisoned or sentenced to death that keeps me from being totally for the death penalty. However, as there are more and more advancements in forensics, I would say there is a smaller chance that an innocent person could be convicted. As long as everyone processing evidence and the case does their job right, there shouldn't be too much of a possibility for an innocent person to get sentenced to death. But personally, I would much rather get the death penalty than spend the rest of my life in prison. I would imagine being in prison until you die is pretty awful.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:47 AM
pbaj12
Offline:
Captain of a Sinking Ship
Poster Rank:885
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
I'm not opposed to having a convicted murderer put to death. It's the fact that so many innocent people have been imprisoned or sentenced to death that keeps me from being totally for the death penalty. However, as there are more and more advancements in forensics, I would say there is a smaller chance that an innocent person could be convicted. As long as everyone processing evidence and the case does their job right, there shouldn't be too much of a possibility for an innocent person to get sentenced to death. But personally, I would much rather get the death penalty than spend the rest of my life in prison. I would imagine being in prison until you die is pretty awful.
Yes, I agree. I think if there is without a doubt they did it and had a confession then execute them. If they said they were innocent and there were doubts, give them a chance and put the execution off until it's settled.

The Following User Says Thank You to pbaj12 For This Useful Post:
Megamel29