Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss490
Re: Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
Number two... Protect ourselves from our own govt... That is what the 2nd amendment was all about.
I can't imagine a situation where that would be considered let alone where it might actually happen. Your government doesn't have the best track record but it's hardly Assad, is it?

Besides your government, the people of America don't seem to be particularly motivated to rise up in such a manner against democratic impropriety, political scandals or misplaced persecutions.

I take both arguments with a pinch of salt because they both seem quite spurious.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Eskimo Aids
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2208

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss128

Quote:
Originally Posted by kottnmouthalien View Post
we dont blame cars for drunk drivers killing people, we dont blame pencils for misspelling words, and we dont blame forks for obesiety. your logic isnt logical. timothy mcveigh killed hundreds of people including 18 children never once firing a round. murderers will murder because they are murderous. should we outlaw sticks and stones? i hear they make excellent weapons.
Its alot eaiser to kill someone with a gun than a fucking stick. Takes less than a second to pull a trigger. You think if that kid ran into the school with sticks and stones he would of still killed 26 people in a matter of minutes? Why even give people the power to be able to cause such devastation.? Your logic is flawed. There wouldn't be drunk drivers without cars. There wouldn't be misspelled words without a pencil to write them. And there wouldn't be shooting sprees without the guns used to commit them. Everything has a cause and effect.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eskimo Aids For This Useful Post:
Impotent Rage, invertigo
Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Neo1130
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1064

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo Aids View Post
Its alot eaiser to kill someone with a gun than a fucking stick. Takes less than a second to pull a trigger. You think if that kid ran into the school with sticks and stones he would of still killed 26 people in a matter of minutes? Why even give people the power to be able to cause such devastation.? Your logic is flawed. There wouldn't be drunk drivers without cars. There wouldn't be misspelled words without a pencil to write them. And there wouldn't be shooting sprees without the guns used to commit them. Everything has a cause and effect.
How about we ban knives too from this MASS STABBING at a school?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...ck-school.html

Old 12-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Impotent Rage
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:916
Contributions: 5

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
How about we ban knives too from this MASS STABBING at a school?
Because knives have a very practical purpose. People get killed by cars but we need them too.

Some guns can be useful too but assault weapons do not belong in private ownership, just like skud missiles, grenades and chemical weapons.

Personally, I'd go beyond that to say hand-guns don't belong with the public but they're so entrenched in America that I believe removing them to be unrealistic.

The practical uses of cocaine and heroin are outrageously outweighed by the negative consequences of availability. Should those narcotics be freely available too? Both are purportedly great for toothache after all!

The Following User Says Thank You to Impotent Rage For This Useful Post:
invertigo
Old 12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo Aids View Post

I appreciate the basic ideology behind this, but I think it's a little naive . Guns are the easy answer for unsophisticated mass murderers. Look at the Oklahoma City bombings or the Tokyo subway murders or the Anthrax scare. Any lunatic who is determined to cause carnage is going to find a way to carry it out.

On the other hand, short of riddling your mail box with an AK-47 every time you check the mail, the usefulness of second Amendment is pretty much nil in these cases, anyway.
What a polarizing issue... From an emotional stand point, I find the sale and use of assault rifles appalling, but I don't actually have any experience using them and none of my friends or relatives own guns. We just don't need them in the city

Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Agapeti
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:687
Female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss776

Mental health care is slowly being eradicated in the US and replaced with jails that are now filled to the brink with mentally ill people.

Had Lanzo's mother been able to get her son the mental help he needed quicker, perhaps those 20 school children would be alive today.

That's just one of the problems as I see it. The other of course is guns and gun control. He was able to obtain the guns he used via his mother who bought them legally. Assault rifles and automatic weapons serve no purpose other than mass killings. They need to be banned. It shouldn't even be up for discussion.