Go Back  

Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #31  
Old 01-22-2014, 11:23 PM
shoelessjojackson's Avatar
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:348
BULL
Join Date: Jul 2010
 
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2117
Re: Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
I have been a member of this site for four years. In that time I have carefully watched the subject of animal rights on here. It's been very intriguing trying to figure out what makes people tick on the subject.

As I said in a previous post I do NOT support the needless killing of animals for entertainment.

That being said, if I were to do a college thesis on "hypocrisy", I would definitely do it about the people on this site concerning this subject.

It's quite interesting watching people on here that make the comments of humor about people being dead. Innocent people in car wrecks, etc. even murdered children barely get the minimum sympathy at times on here.

However, post one story about a mouse being killed in a mouse trap along with a picture and you get to watch all of the sympathy flow. A person would think they were on an Oprah forum if they didn't know better.

I've never seen a case where so people appeared to be pro kill them all and let God sort them out right wing nutty conservatives when it comes to humans.

However when it comes to the subject of animals all of a sudden the same people become flaming bleeding heart retarded liberals in an instant.

It is really quite something to watch I must say. It helps me to deduce what the IQs of some people are.

Also considering in the past week or so I got dinged for posting a picture of a shaved cat being held by a chinaman because of the anti animal cruelty posting rule on that here, I find it surprising that this post along with the picture of the Dolphins being killed is allowed.

Here's a cut and paste of rule number four for those who aren't aware on this site as I wasn't until a week or so ago,

4. DO NOT post any animal cruelty or the torture of animals anywhere on the site. This includes linking to another site.

Obviously even though it doesn't state so in the rules this apparently is okay as long as it is someone complaining about animal cruelty? I don't know, I'm just trying to understand myself.

I'm not trying to get anyone else I n trouble, I'm just wondering why I did get in trouble myself for less supposed animal cruelty than this post.

Am I going overboard to use the word hypocrisy?


Oprah?

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-22-2014, 11:25 PM
bob351's Avatar
bob351
Online
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11212 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss23598
Re: Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
It's times like these that I feel kind of dumb like I just don't understand. So perhaps if someone slows it down for me a little. Could you show me where it says in rule 4 that if it's a new story it is okay? For some reason I am looking over that part and not seeing it.

Or is this one of those cases of unwritten rules? If so I think perhaps it should be written? Regardless of anyone's point of view on the subject I think if that is a rule it should be stated. But I have been wrong before.
Do you always write with such sarcasm?

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-22-2014, 11:39 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
Do you always write with such sarcasm?
I think it is a perfectly good question. Don't you? I've never been a fan of unwritten rules myself. Please review rule number 4 and tell me what part of that is supposed to make anyone think that a posting of animal cruelty is okay as long as it's a news article.

Personally I think it's all good, we should be able to post whatever we wish as long as it's not illegal. However if there are certain rules that aren't listed on the site, I think they should be. I wouldn't expect to get a debate on that subject from anyone regardless of their point of view.

For my part rule number 4 can be deleted altogether. However if there is a double standard on the subject I think it should at least be stated. I posted a simple picture of a shaved cat and got dinged for it. But a picture of bloody dolphins is okay because it's a news article. I just don't understand.

Am I the only one on here that thinks clarification is needed? If there's anyone else, feel free to speak up! Rule number 4 as it is stated now reads very simple to me.

It doesn't sound like there is any room for a misunderstanding to me. Again, unless there is obviously an unwritten rule. Which I am being told that there apparently is.

Perhaps I will be the first person kicked off of this site just for being a pain in the ass and pointing out the facts?

For those who are wondering, yes I am that kid from school who the teachers told to stop asking questions because they couldn't answer them. Lol!

Reply With Quote
The Following Users Disliked This Post By azdesertsnake01:
shoelessjojackson
  #34  
Old 01-23-2014, 12:17 AM
bob351's Avatar
bob351
Online
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11212 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss23598
Re: Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins

Stop being a little bitch because you got a warning, sac up and talk to the mods instead of bitching here.

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Pigeon's Avatar
Pigeon
Offline:
I POOP ON U
Poster Rank:77
Female
Join Date: Oct 2009
Contributions: 3
 
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675
Re: Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
I have been a member of this site for four years. In that time I have carefully watched the subject of animal rights on here. It's been very intriguing trying to figure out what makes people tick on the subject.

As I said in a previous post I do NOT support the needless killing of animals for entertainment.

That being said, if I were to do a college thesis on "hypocrisy", I would definitely do it about the people on this site concerning this subject.

It's quite interesting watching people on here that make the comments of humor about people being dead. Innocent people in car wrecks, etc. even murdered children barely get the minimum sympathy at times on here.

However, post one story about a mouse being killed in a mouse trap along with a picture and you get to watch all of the sympathy flow. A person would think they were on an Oprah forum if they didn't know better.

I've never seen a case where so people appeared to be pro kill them all and let God sort them out right wing nutty conservatives when it comes to humans.

However when it comes to the subject of animals all of a sudden the same people become flaming bleeding heart retarded liberals in an instant.

It is really quite something to watch I must say. It helps me to deduce what the IQs of some people are.

Also considering in the past week or so I got dinged for posting a picture of a shaved cat being held by a chinaman because of the anti animal cruelty posting rule on that here, I find it surprising that this post along with the picture of the Dolphins being killed is allowed.
I don't think you've been paying much attention as you think you have. This subject has been brought up repeatedly and members have explained their positions repeatedly.

Members who are more sympathetic toward animal deaths often state that have the same sympathy for child deaths, for the same reason: They are seen as "innocent", flawed an argument as that may be. For some, gore involving human death feeds a morbid curiosity and/or is cathartic, while animal death provides no such benefits and therefore provokes a normal reaction. And of course, some people outright state they simply don't care about others.

You should change your thesis to a case study on misanthropy, because that is the more accurate description. When you understand that, the seeming contradiction in reactions toward people vs. animals vanishes.

This is a better example of hypocrisy :
Dead Women Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Cleanup on aisle 4!
Mods have stated many times to contact them if someone has a problem with a post being overlooked. They have modified rules as a result of inconsistencies like this in the past. It's a very simple solution. It sounds like you're just upset about being "dinged" when you broke the rules as a result of having never read them in four years of membership.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pigeon For This Useful Post:
durt, PoetsOfTheFall
  #36  
Old 01-23-2014, 01:46 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
Stop being a little bitch because you got a warning, sac up and talk to the mods instead of bitching here.

I'm just trying to bring up a subject publicly so everyone can understand. For everyone's benefit. I don't think that's acting like a little bitch you asshole! You're just pissed because you don't have an answer for what I said.

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-23-2014, 02:14 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
It sounds like you're just upset about being "dinged" when you broke the rules as a result of having never read them in four years of membership.

You don't have to "assume" anything about why I'm confused. You can just read what I simply said. Which is the point is clarification. Also if there is a difference it should be in the rules.

How many times do I have to point out rule number 4? I would think even the dumbest of fucking idiots would be able to read that short single sentence and see that it says "DO NOT post any".

Granted in various countries certain things have different meanings. However where I'm from "do not post any" means… well, DO NOT POST ANY!

I am trying to understand why I'm the bad guy for pointing that out. The only reason I can figure people are attacking me over it is because they simply don't have an answer for what I am saying.

That type of lashing out is for children. However it isn't the first time I've seen people on here act childish.

All I'm saying is it should be worded properly in the rules. I will take this to a mod in the next day or so when I have time. As I said I just think it should be pointed out publicly.

As far as my paying attention, that has nothing to do with the fact that I think people who have a higher priority on animal life than human life are mentally disturbed. If you don't realize that there are a lot of people like that then you need to do a little research.

There are many situations were animal-rights freaks have threatened peoples and even childrens lives over a fucking animal. That's just insane anyway you figure it. I don't know how my paying closer attention as you brought up is going to change my mind on that.

I don't care what people's excuses or feelings are on the issue. Humans lives are immeasurably more valuable than an animals in any situation. If I see a human drowning and a dog drowning beside them, well I hate to say it but goodbye fluffy! I'm jumping in to save the human.

There have been statements made on here about how all Japanese people should be murdered over this dolphin fiasco. That is such fucked up thinking which is what started me on this subject in the first place. But that is the type of thinking that most people do when they go overboard on animal rights. There is no logic to their thinking.

I have always said that if your heart is bigger than your brain you are fucked. I can't think of a better illustration than going overboard on animal-rights.

Reply With Quote
The Following Users Disliked This Post By azdesertsnake01:
shoelessjojackson
  #38  
Old 01-23-2014, 02:26 AM
Clubhouse's Avatar
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7
Join Date: Jun 2009
 
Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212
Re: Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
I think it is a perfectly good question. Don't you? I've never been a fan of unwritten rules myself. Please review rule number 4 and tell me what part of that is supposed to make anyone think that a posting of animal cruelty is okay as long as it's a news article.

Personally I think it's all good, we should be able to post whatever we wish as long as it's not illegal. However if there are certain rules that aren't listed on the site, I think they should be. I wouldn't expect to get a debate on that subject from anyone regardless of their point of view.

For my part rule number 4 can be deleted altogether. However if there is a double standard on the subject I think it should at least be stated. I posted a simple picture of a shaved cat and got dinged for it. But a picture of bloody dolphins is okay because it's a news article. I just don't understand.

Am I the only one on here that thinks clarification is needed? If there's anyone else, feel free to speak up! Rule number 4 as it is stated now reads very simple to me.

It doesn't sound like there is any room for a misunderstanding to me. Again, unless there is obviously an unwritten rule. Which I am being told that there apparently is.

Perhaps I will be the first person kicked off of this site just for being a pain in the ass and pointing out the facts?

For those who are wondering, yes I am that kid from school who the teachers told to stop asking questions because I'm a windbag. Lol!

fixed!


Why don't you pm Chris with one of your tomes so he can have the pleasure of telling you to fuck off

Reply With Quote
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Clubhouse:
azdesertsnake01
  #39  
Old 01-23-2014, 02:32 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male
Join Date: Nov 2009
 
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
fixed!


Why don't you pm Chris with one of your tomes so he can have the pleasure of telling you to fuck off

Wow, The intelligence on here is just overwhelming. You must've blown your last 2 brain cells on that one.

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-23-2014, 02:39 AM
Clubhouse's Avatar
Clubhouse
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:7
Join Date: Jun 2009
 
Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212
Re: Japan Fishermen Take Cover to Slaughter Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Wow, The intelligence on here is just overwhelming. You must've blown your last 2 brain cells on that one.
If you had anything other than the pretence you call intelligence you'd complain to the site admin...You will achieve nothing by droning on and on in the forums with your petty gripes...Now contact Chris, outline your case and report back here with the results....You have your orders...Now go away and carry them out

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
durt

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO