Go Back  

Jameg Blake Sentenced to 21 Years in Prison. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 09-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570
Jameg Blake Sentenced to 21 Years in Prison.

A Manhattan man who killed his best friend in a Twitter-fueled rage was sentenced to 21 years in prison on Wednesday.

Tough tweets between Jameg Blake, now 24, who pleaded guilty to manslaughter, and his childhood pal Kwame Dancy, 22, exploded into deadly anger on Dec. 1, 2009.

Blake had quarreled with Dancy over a girl in the past, but prosecutors said it is unclear exactly why he shot his friend in the neck across the street from the Harlem building where they grew up.

"I just wish I had better judgment than pulling a gun out on my best friend," Blake told a Manhattan judge before he was cuffed. "My ego would not let me back down."

"I hope my son's face haunts you for the rest of your life," Dancy's mother, Madeline Smith, wrote in a letter to the court. "There is nothing you can say that will justify taking Kwame's life."

Pic of the killer below

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
alg_jameg-blake.jpg  

Old 09-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Re: Jameg Blake Sentenced to 21 Years in Prison.

Quote:
"My ego would not let me back down."
Idiot, now you go to prison for 21 years.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

Exactly

Lets see how much of an ego he'll have when bubba comes to claim his ass in prison

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
Devourment
Old 09-22-2011, 08:49 AM
fattubbashit
Offline:
Fuckyoutillyouloveme.
Poster Rank:61
Cant you smell it?

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4698 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss15391

Typical macho shit that ruins lives and families!

Flaka
Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61206

That's where real friends are for

Quote:
Dancy, who was studying to be a nurse, was killed by a shotgun blast to the neck Dec. 1 across from Lenox Terrace in Harlem, where he grew up with his father.

Blake - who lived on the same floor as Dancy, one floor below Paterson in the luxury high-rise on W. 132nd St. - was arrested two days later.

Charged with murder, he pleaded not guilty Wednesday and was held without bail.

Police sources said the two had a rocky relationship and the Twitter messages they posted - with friends jumping in - only made it worse.

Hours before the shooting, Dancy may have taunted Blake with a tweet: "N-----s is lookin for u don't think I won't give up ya address for a price betta chill asap!"

Blake's Twitter account is also full of online disses, though only one tweet mentions Dancy by name: "R.I.P. Kwame" on Dec.3.

A police source said the messages may be subpoenaed to bolster the theory that there was bad blood between the two old pals.

But the Twitter beef wasn't the only strain; Dancy and Blake fought last summer over a girl in front of Lenox Terrace, sources said.

Despite the insults and fisticuffs, when Blake was collared, Dancy's mom was stunned.

"They were good friends, that's the sad part about it," said Smith, who is divorced from Dancy's dad and lives in Brooklyn. "Obviously, I didn't know him like I thought I did. I just want to ask him. 'Why? How could you?'"

She said her son had taken off a semester from Manhattan Community College and was training with the Visiting Nurse Service of New York. He planned to return to school and get his degree.

He had tried to steer Blake - a high school dropout and father of a baby boy - to get his GED.

"They've been friends since they were kids. Kwame would often try to help when [Blake] was going through stuff - and this was his thank you?" Smith said.

Blake's arrest was particularly shocking because he showed up at Harlem Hospital after Dancy was shot and hugged his father.

"Either he wanted to see if he actually killed [Kwame] or he wanted to see if anyone knew he did it," Smith said.

Authorities have a witness who identified Blake as the gunman and video shows Blake leaving Lenox Terrace around the time of the shooting with a bag large enough to hold a shotgun.

Records also show Blake used his phone around the time and place of the shooting. The murder weapon, a shotgun with a spent shell, was recovered with two shirts in Central Park.

Blake's parents and lawyer Thomas Klein declined to comment.

Meanwhile, Dancy's mom cries every night about her son.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Kwame-Dancy-Jameg-Blake2.jpg  

Old 09-30-2011, 03:29 PM
petedeamon
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:377
yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1919

No telling what he would have done to someone he didn't like...pass the needle.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Australia Mate!
Poster Rank:238
I have a map of Tasmania

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3686

"Twittercide"