Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Jack The Gripper, Serial Hugger on the Loose

Missouri prosecutors are trying to decide whether to charge an alleged serial hugger who pretends to know women and cons them into giving him a hug.

So far, at least 36 women have come forward to complain about unwanted hugs, and one woman said the man also kissed her on the lips during their embrace.

Police have not released the name of the man, but the Riverfront Times, a St. Louis weekly, dubbed him "Jack the Gripper" or "John Wayne Embracey." One St. Louis suburb arrested him on probable cause, but released him an hour later.

Most of the women who have come forward called police in Des Peres, Mo. According to their reports, the alleged hugger typically approaches women while they are shopping by themselves, pretends to know them as a former neighbor, and then asks for a hug under the pretense that it is his birthday, Des Peres Detective Marshall Broughton said.

"He'd say, 'Hi, remember me? I lived down the street in the corner house. How ya been?'" Broughton said. "Obviously [the women] didn't remember him, but he did it so quickly and convincingly that they felt embarrassed that they didn't know him."

Des Peres police identified the man, who is 44, but did not arrest him because of uncertainty about whether his actions were criminal, Broughton said. The alleged hugger showed up at the Des Peres police department with his attorney on June 20 after police requested that he come in for questioning. He made no statements at the meeting, Broughton said.

Before he could leave, however, he was handcuffed by police officers from nearby Warson Woods, who had conducted a photo lineup in which a witness readily identified him, Warson Woods Police Chief Robert Stanczak said. Warson Woods police questioned him for about an hour before letting him go, Stanczak said.

Des Peres and Warson Woods police have reported the hugging incidents to St. Louis County prosecutors, who will determine whether to pursue third-degree assault charges, among others.

While county prosecutors may determine that the hugger's actions did not violate state law, Stanczak said they clearly constituted[..]ault under Warson Woods municipal ordinances.

According to Stanczak, four women reported being hugged by the man in Warson Woods, three of them in parking lots.

Stanczak said the hugger sometimes varied his approach, once allegedly approaching a woman in scrubs and pretending to have met her at the hospital while his wife was giving birth. He sometimes exploited name tags on uniforms to feign knowledge of women's names, once calling a woman named Susan "Susie," he said.

Of the women who reported unwanted hugs to police in Des Peres, a town of about 8,400, most recalled incidents from other towns in St. Louis County and as far back as three years ago. Broughton said they came forward to report the hugs after the story of the serial hugger appeared on local TV news.

"This thing has caused more of a stir than anything else going on in this town," Broughton said, adding that since the alleged hugger's arrest, he has heard no reports of unwanted hugs.

If prosecutors decide to pursue charges against the man, his identity will become public, and a warrant will be issued for his arrest.

Calls to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's office were not returned Tuesday.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/serial-hugg...ry?id=16749688

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, K9Grip
Old 07-14-2012, 11:42 AM
AnneLea
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1732
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186
Re: Jack The Gripper, Serial Hugger on the Loose

Why doesn't he just wear one of those card-board "free hugs" signs instead?

Then again, why would he think he could get away with kissing a total stranger? Does he think he's the guy in that old photo kissing the nurse?

Well, either way, the women had the ability to say no or push him off. If they didn't try to stop it in any way, it's their own fault. If they did and he went ahead and over powered them, it's definitely assault.

Oh, wait, (..)ault.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnneLea For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, diamondsmiles, K9Grip
Old 07-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

lol u know.. the site i actually copy & pasted this from, has some really strict censorship.. thats why "assault" looks like that.. i'll fix it

The Following User Says Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
AnneLea
Old 07-14-2012, 12:46 PM
juliemd
Offline:
Hey, Ass-butt!
Poster Rank:376
female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1921

sigh, people complain about getting a hug, if you don't want it kick him in the nuts and go on about your day simple as that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juliemd For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, iReallyShouldnt, K9Grip
Old 07-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Title made me laugh "Jack the Gripper"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, iReallyShouldnt, K9Grip
Old 07-15-2012, 01:48 PM
iReallyShouldnt
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2390

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss114

meanwhile in Zimbabwe..

Old 07-15-2012, 01:59 PM
r0tten
Offline:
Cunt Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:327
Pussy Power!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2357
I'm pretty sure I'd have punched that fucker in the throat. At any rate I wouldn't have just let him hug me and then feel embarrassed. If you're in my personal space uninvited then you're gunna have a bad time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
I'd give you two dollars if you could stop being such a fucking cunt for 12 hours
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0tten For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, diamondsmiles
Old 07-16-2012, 12:04 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0tten View Post
I'm pretty sure I'd have punched that fucker in the throat. At any rate I wouldn't have just let him hug me and then feel embarrassed. If you're in my personal space uninvited then you're gunna have a bad time.

I was going to say the same thing. I hate my personal space invaded, especially if someone has bad breath or stinks!

I'd back up and extend my hand to shake his, if he was convincing, but, I have a really good memory.

I remember faces, but, not always names, but, I would never hug someone first unless I was sure I had the right person and he or she was close enough to me to do so.

Sounds creepy! We need a picture of him!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:12 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Found this on a 48 Hours crime site. Sounds like the same guy.

"Hugger Mugger": Police out to stop man's touchy scheme in St. Louis area

A hug can be just what you need, at the right time and place; authorities near St. Louis say that's apparently not what one man is offering

(Credit: AP / CBS) (CBS) ST. LOUIS - Somebody in St. Louis is either unusually affectionate, or a cause for concern.

Several women have reported to police that a man they don't know has approached them in public and asked for a hug, CBS St. Louis reported.

The hugger's m.o. is to claim that he and his target are long lost buddies, and that he's from the, "old neighborhood."

After carrying on a bit of conversation, if you can call it that, the man then asks for, and occasionally receives, a hug.

"It's a birthday hug", the man claims.

It's happened several times in recent days at local Schnucks markets.

But the, 'hugger mugger', recently was less than well-received when he approached one woman in Fairview Heights, Ill., who not only refused his hug ploy, but also pulled out her phone and called police.

The hugger is described as a white male in his 30s or 40s, 5'6", weighing 170 lbs.

They believe he's driving a silver Nissan sedan.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Brometheus