Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649
Re: J. Crew Faces Backlash Over New Size 000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
i dont think they would create a 'new size' for people to start filling in the future... they likely have a demand for that size now. the image of beauty we have in our culture is disgusting from nearly every angle (and the social pressure to look a certain way is just as bad for men as it is for women. people like to say the pressure is more for women but they forget that our boys are inundated with idealistic and unrealistic body types as well like every Marvel superhero, G. I. Joe, Channing Tatum, David Beckham... the male models that stand next to the same, unrealistic looking female models) but still, people love it.... so let them.

nobody is being forced to wear a size 000. the pressure to look a certain way is really all internal when you look at it. i mean, yes, the images are constantly shoved down our throats... but there's a solution. ignore it, turn your tv off, learn to love yourself and move on.
All you have to do is look at the people like Channing Tatum when they aren't making a movie to see what they really look like. He's definitely not as defined and at times looks quite heavy.

I'm sure it sucks to put your body through that, but some people crave money enough to do it.

I happen to think make models look horrible. Their faces always look ill even though their bodies look muscly, but way too thin. Never mind actually looking at the clothes. I'm always trying to figure out who the fuck would wear any of that?

The Following User Says Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 07-12-2014, 09:47 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20