Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Italy | Fears Over Serial Killer After Naked Woman's Body Found 'crucified'

Wow! How do they go from 'we might have a serial killer' to 'we captured a serial killer' in two days?

Old 05-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Pie
Offline:
العضو التناسلي النسوي
Poster Rank:261
Too cool for Genetalia

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3177

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatagato View Post
It's confirmed they've caught him, Riccardo Viti, 55, plumber.
So much for the next Jack the Ripper

Old 05-09-2014, 07:01 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Wow! How do they go from 'we might have a serial killer' to 'we captured a serial killer' in two days?
Like that

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
gatagato, K9Grip, Megamel29, Photoplay
Old 05-10-2014, 12:55 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5491

What shocked the public opinion is the fact that investigators were aware that there was a serial attacker on the loose, but it has never been mentioned in the media, local newspapers barely covered a couple of previous attacks. Even more surprisingly, looks like they KNEW who the fucker was, he was on the suspects list for sure. Now the question is "were they waiting for a murder before taking some action?" And at least the prostitutes of the area should have been warned about the risk, but nobody told them a fuck. Basically, many if not all now believe that this murder could be avoided.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, K9Grip, Pigeon, vagabond
Old 05-10-2014, 02:50 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2031

That's how serial killers are treated here too. Not a word is spoken about them. It's a silent "wait and see" approach. Nobody cares about prostitutes and runaways, so they're not going to warn them.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
gatagato, icheerthebull, K9Grip, Pigeon
Old 05-10-2014, 04:15 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatagato View Post
What shocked the public opinion is the fact that investigators were aware that there was a serial attacker on the loose, but it has never been mentioned in the media, local newspapers barely covered a couple of previous attacks. Even more surprisingly, looks like they KNEW who the fucker was, he was on the suspects list for sure. Now the question is "were they waiting for a murder before taking some action?" And at least the prostitutes of the area should have been warned about the risk, but nobody told them a fuck. Basically, many if not all now believe that this murder could be avoided.
I did some extra reading and from what I understand he's only 'confessed' to other attacks, plus this one murder. Apparently the other victims were able to escape?? I find it very hard to believe this is the first time he's actually murdered, I think it takes balls to place a body out in the open like that - even if it is on a less travelled road.
I read his wife is actually of eastern euro decent, too. Wonder if he somehow knew his victims beforehand?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
gatagato, icheerthebull, vagabond
Old 05-10-2014, 04:18 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
That's how serial killers are treated here too. Not a word is spoken about them. It's a silent "wait and see" approach. Nobody cares about prostitutes and runaways, so they're not going to warn them.
Couldn't agree more. Willie Pickton was able to go for close to 20 years if I'm not mistaken. The volunteer and shelter workers in the area where the prostitutes lived and worked were begging for police for years to look into all these missing girls.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
gatagato, icheerthebull
Old 05-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11946

Needs a better hobby

Old 05-11-2014, 02:15 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5491

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
I did some extra reading and from what I understand he's only 'confessed' to other attacks, plus this one murder. Apparently the other victims were able to escape?? I find it very hard to believe this is the first time he's actually murdered, I think it takes balls to place a body out in the open like that - even if it is on a less travelled road.
I read his wife is actually of eastern euro decent, too. Wonder if he somehow knew his victims beforehand?
Hard to believe indeed: he's been charged (for now) only for the murder for technical reasons: this way on monday the judge will be able to validate the arrest, keep him behind bars and open the way to the trial. Now the investigators planned to study all the cases of fatal/non fatal attacks (but also of missing women) occurred in the area. Cops were impressed by his calmness, when they arrived to arrest him he welcomed them as if they were there to have a coffee and say hello: he would never had admitted it if he wasn't caught, so is possible that he has killed before: many other women in the last 48 hours went to the police to witness more attacks, many of them didn't it before for fear: in total, there are now several dozens of cases in which he's thought to be involved with.
Also in this case only volunteer and shelter workers tried to do something, if it wasn't for them now the list of the victims would have been MUCH longer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, vagabond
Old 05-11-2014, 04:24 AM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
You can bet your life this wouldn't have been his first murder. Serial killers and serial child molesters are very similar...they one they get caught for is never the first...it's usually the tip of the ice berg. I've had limited experience with a couple of serial murders and I know that placing the body in public means something specific, but I don't remember exactly what off the top of my head. Perhaps someone can look up the specifics of his murders and research what the body placements and type of murder. It's been years since I dealt with a serial killer and I'm sure the methodology and science has evolved quite a bit. Just FYI, the police generally won't divulge an active serial murderer even if it means more potential deaths. I know it sounds cold and calculating especially on prostitutes, runaways, and drug users, but it serves a high purpose. When dealing with these folks the task of sorting through and classifying evidence, leads, bodies, killing methods, witnesses, and suspect information can be almost impossible even with computers. The police must prove that there's a serial killer active which in and of it's self is very difficult. Then they need to coordinate all the information from all the separate cases and jurisdictions...this is usually a nightmare. But the overriding issue is to get the killer in an absolutely fool proof case or cases. Because juries are somewhat stupid (at least here in California)
A very very complicated case like a serial killer needs to be as simplified as possible...also a nightmare. I'm sure the Italians did the best they could, but it's an almost impossible crime to solve and then prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Dragonlady66, gatagato, K9Grip, vagabond