Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Israeli Professor's 'rape As Terror Deterrent' Statement Draws Ire

Was going to post this in the 'fail' section but thought it would be more appropriate here

'The only thing that deters a suicide bomber is the knowledge that if he pulls the trigger or blows himself up, his sister will be raped,' says Bar-Ilan University professor.

“The only thing that can deter terrorists, like those who kidnapped the children and killed them, is the knowledge that their sister or their mother will be raped.” This assertion was made by Middle East scholar Dr. Mordechai Kedar of Bar-Ilan University about three weeks ago on an Israel Radio program. “It sounds very bad, but that’s the Middle East,” added Kedar, of Bar-Ilan’s Department of Arabic.

The program “Hakol Diburim” (“It’s All Talk”) was broadcast on July 1, immediately after the discovery of the bodies of Gilad Shaar, Naftali Fraenkel and Eyal Yifrah, who were kidnapped and murdered in the West Bank. It dealt, among other things, with the question of how Hamas can be deterred.

“You have to understand the culture in which we live,” said Kedar. “The only thing that deters [Hamas leaders] is a threat to the connection between their heads and their shoulders.” When presenter Yossi Hadar asked if that “could filter down” the organization’s ranks, Kedar replied: “No, because lower down the considerations are entirely different. Terrorists like those who kidnapped the children and killed them — the only thing that deters them is if they know that their sister or their mother will be raped in the event that they are caught. What can you do, that’s the culture in which we live.”

When Hadar said, “We can’t take such steps, of course,” Kedar continued: “I’m not talking about what we should or shouldn’t do. I’m talking about the facts. The only thing that deters a suicide bomber is the knowledge that if he pulls the trigger or blows himself up, his sister will be raped. That’s all. That’s the only thing that will bring him back home, in order to preserve his sister’s honor.”

Kedar is also a research fellow at the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies at Bar-Ilan, and in the past also served as chairman of the Israel Academia Monitor organization, which is involved in “exposing extremist Israeli academics who exploit academic freedom in order to take steps to deny Israel’s right to exist as a Jewish state.” The organization is engaged in a battle against professors identified with the left.

In the wake of the publication of his words, feminist activists today sent a letter to Bar-Ilan University president Rabbi Prof. Daniel Hershkowitz, in which they decried Kedar’s “words of incitement that grant legitimacy to Israel Defense Forces soldiers and Israeli civilians to commit rape, and endanger both Israeli and Palestinian women. Kedar’s words echo expressions that treat rape as a remedial practice, although it is a war crime.”

Kedar chose not to be interviewed. A joint response with spokeswomen from Bar Ilan stated that he “did not call and is not calling to fight terror except by legal and moral means.” It also said Kedar “wanted to illustrate that there is no means of deterring suicide bombers, and using hyperbole, he gave the rape of women as an example. In order to remove all doubt: Dr. Kedar’s words do not, God forbid, contain a recommendation to commit such despicable acts. The intention was to describe the culture of death of the terror organizations. Dr. Kedar was describing the bitter reality of the Middle East and the inability of a modern and liberal law-abiding country to fight against the terror of suicide bombers.”

Source - haaretz the oldest paper in Israel
http://www.haaretz.com/mobile/.premi...11DAD2D6CEA880

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
image.jpg  

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
30564U, Dragonlady66, gatagato, Illusion, Kanda444, Kelseecat65
Old 07-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49383
Re: Israeli Professor's 'rape As Terror Deterrent' Statement Draws Ire

lot of scary people on both sides.....

fenek, gatagato, icheerthebull, Kelseecat65
Old 07-23-2014, 03:30 PM
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11215 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss23603

Nutcase.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Cads
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1792
I have a dick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
lot of scary people on both sides.....
Indeed... This rises a certain moral dilemma though, does it not? Just what if the rape of one (or threatened rape) could save the lives of 10?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cads For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 07-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cads View Post
Indeed... This rises a certain moral dilemma though, does it not? Just what if the rape of one (or threatened rape) could save the lives of 10?

well...wow... i never thought of it that way.

30564U
Old 07-23-2014, 04:43 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2031

Ehhhh. . .

I find myself also thinking that being raped and surviving would be a much better outcome than a bombing resulting in mass murder.

It's not completely out of the ballpark, if these guys truly are in fear of their loved ones being defiled and shamed.

If a rape(or threat of) is all it takes to stop a suicide bomber - I say let it roll.

But, that's me thinking of the female as an object and not considering that this female may be a child or that meeting violence with violence is damaging.

Suicide bombing is so insane, that I'm willing to be ok with the rape - if they really do fear it so much.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49383

i think the moral high ground shouldnt be given up so quickly, especially for an arbitrary claim like 'the threat of rape will stop terrorism'...

i dont think Muslims are given enough credit for their dedication to their faith... meaning they honestly believe Allah is with them, protecting them. anything you try to throw at them, they will respond with a heartfelt 'Allahu Akbar'

The Following User Says Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 07-23-2014, 06:20 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2031

That's what I was thinking.
It would be awesome if a threat worked, but I think it'll mostly be met with "I'm going to do what I have to do. Allah will protect them".

Same religious response across the map.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
Old 07-23-2014, 11:00 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

I like the whole sew the bomber's parts inside a pig carcass and put it all (bomber and pig) in a cement filled grave. If these pig phobic dickheads knew that they would be buried with a filthy pig every time they did a terror bombing I think they'd think twice before doing it. Besides...I've seen some of those sisters and mothers and I don't think anyone should be forced to rape something that ugly.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:23 AM
vipersna
Offline:
Sexican
Poster Rank:150
Resident Nympho
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3937 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6399

It all boils down to the belief that there is a large reward in the afterlife and the dedication to give themselves for a piece of land. I say make it neutral and give the land to the swedes. I dont mind the threat of rape or shaming the corpse of the bomber....but it's like dealing with two little kids fighting over a toy. Take away the toy and tell them to sit in the corners.

The Following User Says Thank You to vipersna For This Useful Post:
30564U