Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: Instant Karma Road Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmarie79 View Post
You would seriously laugh if he died in front of you?
If he died because of his own assholish and stupid behavior? Absofuckinglutely. The only way I wouldn't laugh is if he hit another vehicle, at which point I would do what I could to help his victims. After that, I would leave him to rot. The only exception I would make is if his vehicle burst into flames and I was working at the time; because by law as a professional driver of a vehicle that's equipped with a fire extinguisher, I am obligated to stop and try to put out any vehicle fire I come upon.

Human life is meaningful only to a point. When someone operates a 2.5+-ton vehicle in such an irresponsible manner, the message I receive is that human life is unimportant to that person; thus, their life becomes unimportant to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Shadedwill, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-31-2014, 01:23 PM
susanmarie79
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:356
Diagnosed Psychopath
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1046 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2084

So you've never made an error of judgement? Human have emotions that make them act in the heat of the moment sometimes. Do I think that means that person deserves to be laughed at upon dying a gruesome death because of that error of judgement? No. And i pity anyone who thinks that way.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:13 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
So you've never made an error of judgement? Human have emotions that make them act in the heat of the moment sometimes. Do I think that means that person deserves to be laughed at upon dying a gruesome death because of that error of judgement? No. And i pity anyone who thinks that way.
You don't have to pity me, darling, because my head is screwed on just fine.

I'd be lying or a superhero if I said no to your question, but errors of judgement are best minimized by thinking twice whenever something gets the blood up. I do so on a regular basis as a matter of personal policy, and the reason I do is because I am self-aware and keep a close eye on myself.

Whatever anger this jackass was expressing in that clip is nothing compared to some of the rage that I've felt throughout my life, but I always take a second or two to think of consequences whenever I start to see red and taste blood. As a result, my imagination never fails to skip a few steps down the line between where I am at that moment and where I could wind up were I to act on a stupid impulse. Every time this happens, I arrive at the same persistent conclusion: that I value my freedom and my life enough to avoid putting myself on the wrong side of the law or the dirt over that which should be allowed to truly slide.

Simply put, I have a brain and I use it.

The same can't be said of dumbfuck road-raging assholes like our friend in the pick-up truck. Humans do have emotions, but so do animals; the principal difference between the two is how those emotions are consciously and willfully managed in light of immediate circumstances. You see a person with his middle finger out when you watch that clip, but all I see is an animal who is squandering the very same human gifts that I myself employ in keeping my errors of judgement down to a minimum. The world would be a better place and the human race would be that much more evolved were it not for the fact that this guy and every other moron out there who lacks so much as the good sense that God gave a dog's dick have a disgusting habit of suriving their stupid fucking decisions.

So again, fuck him. His problem isn't that he acted in the heat of the moment; it's that he woke up that day the same as he had every other day of his life prior: with a shitty attitude, an enormous ego, and a life-long personal decision-making process that fails to employ anything north of his lower brain stem. He got a bit of karma this time around; but I guarantee you that it's only a matter of time before he pulls another moron stunt like that, at which point the opposing lanes of traffic won't be empty when he comes barrelling through and people will die as a result. If he had died instead of lived, then you and I and everyone else could say that such will surely not be the case; but he didn't, so we can't.

So on second thought, I guess you're right: I shouldn't want to laugh out of spite at a jackass like that when he dies as a result of his own stupidity; I should want to laugh in celebration that a jackass like that killed himself before his stupidity cost someone else their life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Photoplay, Shadedwill
Old 03-31-2014, 04:00 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...s-out.hln.html

the driver of the video speaks......

Old 03-31-2014, 04:17 PM
susanmarie79
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:356
Diagnosed Psychopath
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1046 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2084

Aww it won't play on my old battered laptop. Can anyone give me a vague account of what she says please?

Old 03-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Shadedwill
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:250
Male (evidently surprisingly)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421

Quote:
Aww it won't play on my old battered laptop. Can anyone give me a vague account of what she says please?
That she did nothing wrong (according to her and the Highway patrol) and that she wasn't blocking a 'passing lane' because according to the HP, there is no 'passing lane' for that stretch of road.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadedwill For This Useful Post:
susanmarie79
Old 03-31-2014, 04:21 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

she is basically giving her account of it..... she claims he was doing it before she recorded... she says highway patrol said there is no "fast lane" .... there is no passing lane etc.... the lawyer for the guy in the truck says she was instigating him and he was REACTING not initiating. and she blames "america" lol

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
susanmarie79
Old 03-31-2014, 04:22 PM
Shadedwill
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:250
Male (evidently surprisingly)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSisterr View Post
and she blames "america" lol
She blames people not taking responsibility for their actions. She could have said that better

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadedwill For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr