Award: Longest nipples

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss531
Re: The Inhumane 'Autism Cage' Where a Young Boy Was Kept at School

I used to work with autistic adults with severe behavioural problems. I decided to leave after one of them tried to stab me. I wish he'd been caged. I told my superiors the same thing shortly after telling them where to stick their job. If they pose any threat to people they should be caged, lobotomized or both.

The Following User Says Thank You to flangemanager For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
The Following Users Disliked This Post By flangemanager:
Creepy
Old 09-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Creepy
Offline:
AFK
Poster Rank:47
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 6540 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18408

Quote:
Originally Posted by flangemanager View Post
I used to work with autistic adults with severe behavioural problems. I decided to leave after one of them tried to stab me. I wish he'd been caged. I told my superiors the same thing shortly after telling them where to stick their job. If they pose any threat to people they should be caged, lobotomized or both.
I am so glad to hear you decided to leave the field.

Nobody in dire need of compassion, needs the services of someone who doesn't like what they do. Lobotomy, yeah, that will help :D . a bunch of non-functioning vegetables for public burden.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
seclusion%20and%20restraints.jpg  

Old 09-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
Re: The Inhumane 'autism Cage' in Which a Young Boy Was Kept at a Canberra Scho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
Selfish parents dump their uncontrollable kid on a school unequipped to deal with a problem which is the parents' responsibility alone.

Really most public schools are not going to be equipped, and from personal knowledge, private schools are even less equipped for special needs children.

Then the irresponsible parents complain about the school while expecting the school to spend unlimited money and devote enormous time and other resources to taking care of the parent's responsibilities to their kid.

They complain and SUE but in many cases, they are actually led to believe that their child will be taken care of. Some parents ARE irresponsible and careless.

All at the expense of the many many other kids at that school who will now be cheated.

Sad, but true.

Force the parents to home school.

Some parents are not capable of homeschooling their children. Some are not financially able. It costs a lot to do that. Its not free when you get into homeschooling.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Creepy
Offline:
AFK

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
Really most public schools are not going to be equipped,
It is the job of communities in America to make sure our children are nurtured with the ability to be educated citizens. Parents alone cannot do this. It takes a village to teach a child how to live in a village.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creepy For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 09-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy View Post
It is the job of communities in America to make sure our children are nurtured with the ability to be educated citizens. Parents alone cannot do this. It takes a village to teach a child how to live in a village.
I agree with what you say, but sadly, they are NOT normally equippeed. The staff is usually not qualified in the area of special needs. Nor are they mentally or emotionally prepared. In Americas public schools, its just not happening.

The governmenty ignores much of the Educational system. dumbded down even for the SO CALLED GIFTED STUDENTS. Imagine how they treat special needs.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Creepy
Offline:
AFK

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
I agree with what you say, but sadly, they are NOT normally equippeed. The staff is usually not qualified in the area of special needs. Nor are they mentally or emotionally prepared. In Americas public schools, its just not happening.

The governmenty ignores much of the Educational system. dumbded down even for the SO CALLED GIFTED STUDENTS. Imagine how they treat special needs.
I do understand there are financial roadblocks to providing a quality educational setting for all children. But it doesn't take a professional special Ed teacher qualifications to be compassionate. And why the duck are teachers in the profession if they don't know to create working programs for all types of children?

Nobody, and I mean nobody who believes hiding or penalizing individuals with special needs has any place near a facility or school.

winvens
Old 09-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
I do understand there are financial roadblocks to providing a quality educational setting for all children. But it doesn't take a professional special Ed teacher qualifications to be compassionate. And why the duck are teachers in the profession if they don't know to create working programs for all types of children?

Nobody, and I mean nobody who believes hiding or penalizing individuals with special needs has any place near a facility or school.
All of what you say SHOULD BE, but if you look at education curricula in universities, so many teachers are either general education or specialized. ... many arw highly specialized (my aunt is like that....can only teach political science, civics, and history).

Unless an educator actually specializes or gets certification in special ed, they are only required to take minimal classes/training.

this cheats not only the special needs children, but all children.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:16 PM
flangemanager
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:876
Award: Longest nipples

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss531

Quote:
I am so glad to hear you decided to leave the field.

Nobody in dire need of compassion, needs the services of someone who doesn't like what they do. Lobotomy, yeah, that will help :D . a bunch of non-functioning vegetables for public burden.

I liked my job. All nine years of it. But a line was crossed that day. As I'm sure you are aware, autism encompasses many facets and is displayed in many different ways. For the person who attacked me, they knew exactly what they were doing. What they didn't know was why they shouldn't have done it.

If a person who is sound of mind enough to research methods of killing a person, plan and strategize when to do it and where, yet is labelled autistic because of their propensity toward outlandish behaviour, then in my mind other methods of control should be explored, especially when their penciant toward violent acts is both frequent and extreme.

The Following User Says Thank You to flangemanager For This Useful Post:
Creepy
Old 09-17-2015, 08:04 PM
Creepy
Offline:
AFK

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18408

Quote:
Originally Posted by flangemanager View Post
For the person who attacked me, they knew exactly what they were doing.
If that is the case, then we are talking about an altogether different diagnosis. Autism is not a disorder that is typically characterized by violence (social avoidance more like it).

I could spend all day trying to help you understand the disservice people do by trying to hide, vilify, or penalize these kids and adults It isn't the answer. They have needs just like every child has needs and it is the job of parents and social agents (teachers) to equip them with skills to handle life. Shoving them in a cage for 7 hours a day will DO nothing to help them establish coping skills. Would you develop nurtured and capable if you spent 40 hours a week in a cage? It is no different for the 1 in 54 children with autism being born today. Cultivate.

winvens