Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss3276
Infant Girl Shot 5 Times During Diaper Change

Holy shit!

Quote:
Relatives keep vigil at the hospital tonight praying that the six month old will recover from her gunshot wounds. The window was shot out in the vehicle where the baby and her father were sitting when a gunman opened fire this afternoon. Police say he was changing her diaper.

The baby girl, and her father Jonathan Watkins were both shot multiple times. Police say he has gang affiliations he was taken to northwestern hospital in serious condition.
"Our whole focus has been the baby we have no idea about why the shooting happened. We don't know who was responsible for it."
Police say after firing the shots the gunman ran to a waiting car and sped off. Anti-violence activist Andrew (what ever the hell his last name is) was in the neighborhood a short time after the shooting handing out flyers looking for witnesses.
<****** id="kaltura_player_1363410051" height="221" width="392" style="border: 0px solid #ffffff;" src="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_00xo1onh/uiconf_id/3775332/st_cache/63425?referer=http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/infant-girl-shot-5-times-during-diaper-change-18709227&amp;autoPlay=false&amp;addThis.playerSize =392x221&amp;freeWheel.siteSectionId=nws_offsite&a mp;closedCaptionActive=true&amp;">Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.</******>
<div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;">
<a href="http://abcnews.go.com/video">Watch More News Videos at ABC</a>
</div>

Arsedestroyer, Faline, gatagato, kellyhound, Pyramid_Head
Old 03-16-2013, 04:07 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566
Re: Infant Girl Shot 5 Times During Diaper Change

Shooting the father is one thing, but the baby?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
gatagato, invertigo
Old 03-16-2013, 05:16 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
Shooting the father is one thing, but the baby?
I know...

How fucking depraved does a person have to be to shoot a 6 month old baby girl? ( a beautiful one, too, but that's incidental)
And it's not some accidental casualty, either. The guy fired at them both, repeatedly, at nearly
point blank range. Let's see him explain that in court.
And he will be caught- if not by the police, then by other gang members. Not even the most notorious of gangsters, rival or not, are going to stand by when there's a baby-killer running loose on their turf.

Darkest Angel, gatagato, juliemd
Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 AM
chefbob09
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:243
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3577

Old 03-16-2013, 07:40 AM
gatagato
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5488

Jonylah died, may the bastard burn in hell

Quote:
(CHICAGO, AP) – A 6-month-old Chicago girl who was shot five times while her father was changing her diaper died of her wounds Tuesday, authorities said.

With her killer still at large, the family of 6-month-old Jonylah Watkins still struggles with their grief.

Jonylah Watkins died at Comer Children’s Hospital, where she underwent surgery following Monday afternoon’s attack, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office said. Her father, Jonathan Watkins, was also wounded and remained in critical condition at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Police on Tuesday were scouring the South Side neighborhood of Woodlawn, where the attack happened, for security camera footage or any other clues as to who carried out the attack.

Witnesses said the gunman approached Jonathan Watkins at around 1 p.m. and opened fire on him while he was standing beside his minivan and changing his daughter’s diaper. She was on the front seat.

Jonathan Watkins was shot in the side and buttocks, and suffered a graze wound to his face. Jonylah was shot five times, in the thigh, shoulder, lung, liver and bowels, the family said.

It wasn’t the family’s first brush with Chicago’s gun violence. The girl’s mother, Judy Watkins, was shot in the knee while she was pregnant with Jonylah, according to the woman’s mother, Mary Young.

“There’s too much shooting over there,” Young told reporters Monday. Speaking of her granddaughter, she added, “She’s nothing but 6 months old. How could anybody — what kind of heart?”

Chicago has seen a recent rise in gun violence, much of it gang-related, and registered at least 500 homicides last year for the first time since 2008. In 2011, there were 435 homicides.

Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy told reporters Monday that homicides were down 26 percent this year, compared with the same period a year earlier. He was expected to give an update on the latest attack later Tuesday.
Jonylah Watkins' father talks to Chicago police
<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wls&section =&mediaId=9029515&parentId=9028527&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wls&section =&mediaId=9029515&parentId=9028527&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site="></embed></object>

Quote:
March 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of 6-month-old Jonylah Watkins is thanking people for the outpouring of support they've received since the baby was killed earlier this week.

Several good Samaritans have come forward to cover the cost of the funeral arrangements.

"I do appreciate the love and support that everybody's showing, but I'm not doing not doing well," said Mary Young, Jonylah's grandmother.

Tuesday services for the baby will be at a South Side church in the same neighborhood where the child and her father were attacked by a gunman less than a week ago.

Jonylah died after she and her father were shot Monday afternoon in the 6500 block of South Maryland Avenue as he changed her diaper in a minivan.

Burial arrangements are being donated by Spencer Leak and his funeral home. A 3-foot-long casket has been special ordered for baby Jonylah.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Faline, invertigo, kellyhound
Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Hope they find the bastard

The Following User Says Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss61179

always the innocent

Quote:

Lupe Fiasco drops a tribute track for Jonylah Watkins, the 6-month old Chicago girl shot five times when a gunman opened fire on her father, who was changing her diaper in the front seat of his car on Monday.

The track is a celebration of life – that of Jonylah and those around her who held, loved and helped her at her most precious and vulnerable moments.

Lupe Fiasco posted the song to his Twitter page with one simple request:

Not a song but a life. Be respectful. Please keep negative comments to yourself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jonylah-lead.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	436098

With this track, the rapper mourns her death and offers a heartfelt commentary on the senseless violence that has plagued the city of Chicago – the number and manner of violent crimes officially hitting a new low with the slaying of Jonylah Watkins, who died of the wounds she sustained on Tuesday.

Her death is the latest in a string of killings that have brought the city into the national spotlight as the public debate over gun control continues.

MPEG-1 layer 3 Audio Encoding »
You can stream the mp3 file in your browser, or download it below.
Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp3 Jonylah.mp3(3.49 MB, 55 views)
Old 03-17-2013, 02:01 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
Smh, Chicago and there gun control. How do they explain this?

And I'm very disgusted with the father. Its a FACT that the child's mother was shot not that long ago which makes me ask wtf were these two into, and at the very least, why was he outside with his baby changing a damn diaper? If they have any other children social service ought to hold them until the parents receive a thorough background check on illegal activities, if there are any.

*Side note*, anyone that hits the range often enough knows that when you rapid fire a handgun, your rounds end up in the darnest places. Still no excuse. The shooter needs to be dealt with by the good community ppl with street justice this time....but, they CAN'T see, he's probably the only guy with a gun seeing that they aren't allowed in Chicago.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8109 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 11/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss16979

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
I know...

How fucking depraved does a person have to be to shoot a 6 month old baby girl? ( a beautiful one, too, but that's incidental)
And it's not some accidental casualty, either. The guy fired at them both, repeatedly, at nearly
point blank range. Let's see him explain that in court.
And he will be caught- if not by the police, then by other gang members. Not even the most notorious of gangsters, rival or not, are going to stand by when there's a baby-killer running loose on their turf.
I wish that was true, but this communities criminal code is "stop snitching", I'll bet nobody saw anything...

gatagato, invertigo
Old 03-17-2013, 07:15 PM
knuggy
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:425
M
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20