Poster Rank:1170
Female

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss330
Re: Indonesia Goes Ahead with Executions.

I wonder if Aussie is going to make as big commitment to the latest Aussie woman that was caught the other day and is facing the death penalty if convicted ... And as for that Schapelle Corby she should of been shot I dont believe she knew nothing of the drugs ... If you smuggle drugs into a country that has the death penalty for it then prepare to die ... Easy! ... I find the easiest way to prevent been put on death row is to follow the law there

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwigurlnz For This Useful Post:
Photoplay, Top Gear
The Following Users Disliked This Post By kiwigurlnz:
SalemSaberhagen
Old 05-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Nickola
Offline:
lovable anglo-pilferer!
Poster Rank:40
Sheila

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 6769 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss20114

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwigurlnz View Post
I wonder if Aussie is going to make as big commitment to the latest Aussie woman that was caught the other day and is facing the death penalty if convicted ... And as for that Schapelle Corby she should of been shot I dont believe she knew nothing of the drugs ... If you smuggle drugs into a country that has the death penalty for it then prepare to die ... Easy! ... I find the easiest way to prevent been put on death row is to follow the law there
She should have been shot for smuggling Marijauna?

Damn.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nickola For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, Jerdipski, SalemSaberhagen
Old 05-01-2015, 08:54 PM
kiwigurlnz
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickola View Post
She should have been shot for smuggling Marijauna?

Damn.
When you go to a country that has the death penalty for drug smuggling of ANY kind then you should be prepared to pay the price ... They went there and broke THEIR law ...We can be up in arms about it all we like but its THEIR COUNTRY ... If you have been to Thailand there a signs EVERYWHERE around the airport etc that warns you of the consequences ... Would you smuggle drugs KNOWING what will happen if you get caught? Most normal intelligent person wouldnt

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kiwigurlnz For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple, rob666, Top Gear
SalemSaberhagen
Old 05-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Nickola
Offline:
lovable anglo-pilferer!
Sheila

Activity Longevity
12/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss20114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear View Post
Regardless of any political motives their guilt has never been in doubt.
What would your attitude be if 2 Indonesians were caught in OZ dealing death and their government started to try to strong arm your government into a more lenient sentence?
The fact that they have been on death row for 10 years is pretty irrelevant, it's the norm in the USA.
They must have known the penalty if caught, if they didn't more fool them, I have no sympathy for them at all.
I am biased I guess, I had a pal OD and die because of that filthy drug so my views may be a little askew...
The government and the justice system is not consistent in Indonesia - murderers and terrorists receive lenient sentences, (Bali bombers). Australia has maintained a strong relationship with Indonesia, regardless of the fact that 80+ Australians were killed there by these terrorists.

I oppose the DP, regardless of crime or country.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nickola For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, Jerdipski, Photoplay, rob666, SalemSaberhagen, Watertorque
Old 05-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Nickola
Offline:
lovable anglo-pilferer!
Sheila

Activity Longevity
12/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss20114

Quote:
When you go to a country that has the death penalty for drug smuggling of ANY kind then you should be prepared to pay the price ... They went there and broke THEIR law ...We can be up in arms about it all we like but its THEIR COUNTRY ... If you have been to Thailand there a signs EVERYWHERE around the airport etc that warns you of the consequences ... Would you smuggle drugs KNOWING what will happen if you get caught? Most normal intelligent person wouldnt
I understand what you are saying. I know there are laws. I just think you saying she should have been shot is callous.

People's lack of compassion and empathy for human life astounds me. When did we become so heartless?

such is life I guess. May your family members never find themselves in a similar situation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nickola For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, Jerdipski, SalemSaberhagen, TheCreeperBEATNGU
Old 05-01-2015, 09:17 PM
kiwigurlnz
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss330

Quote:
I understand what you are saying. I know their are laws. I just think you saying she should have been shot is callous.

People's lack of compassion and empathy for human life astounds me. When did we become so heartless?

such is life I guess. May your family members never find themselves in a similar situation.
I highly doubt my family would be stupid enough to try it ... ...

SalemSaberhagen
Old 05-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Nickola
Offline:
lovable anglo-pilferer!
Sheila

Activity Longevity
12/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss20114

Quote:
I highly doubt my family would be stupid enough to try it ... ...
Im sure most people say the same thing..that wasn't directed at you specifically, more so to all the 'people' who have no compassion for people in these circumstances, apologies for not making that clear.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nickola For This Useful Post:
SalemSaberhagen
Old 05-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Watertorque
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:295
Male

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1459 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear View Post
Regardless of any political motives their guilt has never been in doubt.
What would your attitude be if 2 Indonesians were caught in OZ dealing death and their government started to try to strong arm your government into a more lenient sentence?
The fact that they have been on death row for 10 years is pretty irrelevant, it's the norm in the USA.
They must have known the penalty if caught, if they didn't more fool them, I have no sympathy for them at all.
I am biased I guess, I had a pal OD and die because of that filthy drug so my views may be a little askew...
Regardless of any 'strong-arming' by the Australian government, what's disturbing is the Australian Fedral Police (AFP) having knowledge of the Bali Nine's intentions before they had left Sydney Airport and hence the AFP having 'blood on their hands' by tipping off the Indonesian authorities after the fact.

Furthermore to quote the latest news:

It was revealed high-level advice provided to Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop deemed the executions were illegal under international law.
Fairfax reports the Australian government had legal advice by ANU academic Don Rothwell and Sydney barrister Chris Ward that the men’s executions were illegal under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which Indonesia signed in 2006.
Under that treaty, the death sentence can only be imposed for “the most serious crimes”.
But Australia’s request that Indonesia submit to the judgment of the International Court of Justice on the matter was ignored.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watertorque For This Useful Post:
Jerdipski, Nickola, SalemSaberhagen
Old 05-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9780 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
The government and the justice system is not consistent in Indonesia - murderers and terrorists receive lenient sentences, (Bali bombers). Australia has maintained a strong relationship with Indonesia, regardless of the fact that 80+ Australians were killed there by these terrorists.

I oppose the DP, regardless of crime or country.
Well at the risk of repeating myself, they should know that piss pot countries are corrupt. Get caught doing wrong you will not get a fair shake of the fucking dice where justice is concerned.
You want to flog a dead horse, they fucked up they paid the price, unless you can reanimate them what's done is done.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9780 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watertorque View Post
Regardless of any 'strong-arming' by the Australian government, what's disturbing is the Australian Fedral Police (AFP) having knowledge of the Bali Nine's intentions before they had left Sydney Airport and hence the AFP having 'blood on their hands' by tipping off the Indonesian authorities after the fact.

Furthermore to quote the latest news:

It was revealed high-level advice provided to Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop deemed the executions were illegal under international law.
Fairfax reports the Australian government had legal advice by ANU academic Don Rothwell and Sydney barrister Chris Ward that the men’s executions were illegal under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which Indonesia signed in 2006.
Under that treaty, the death sentence can only be imposed for “the most serious crimes”.
But Australia’s request that Indonesia submit to the judgment of the International Court of Justice on the matter was ignored.
Well I am sure Indonesia takes a strong view on drug smuggling.