Go Back  

Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #31  
Old 12-30-2014, 05:15 AM
dcaccount22
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1474
Join Date: May 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss236
Re: Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day

I am horrified by all of the people who think its such a wonderful idea to adopt a pitbull from the pound or otherwise rescue it, history unknown, and then proceed to allow their children to crawl all over it because its a "nanny dog"

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dcaccount22 For This Useful Post:
Flaka, Oswald2001, rob666
  #32  
Old 12-30-2014, 04:25 PM
mashley
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:11638
Join Date: Sep 2014
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Re: Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day

A dog doesn't one day suddenly become a vicious killer. Almost always a dog attacks for a reason.

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-30-2014, 04:40 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female
Join Date: May 2013
 
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss2031
Re: Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
Even if this dog was the nicest dog in the world, what's scary is that a dog who has been with the same owner for 8 years, since he was a puppy, would do such a thing. Regardless of the breed, what possesses a dog to basically kill and chomp up his owners face?
Lots of things can cause a dog to attack. We don't know how the dog was raised. Just because he had it for 8 years, doesn't mean it was all sunshine and roses.

He may have hit the dog for discipline and the dog had had enough.
The dog may have been food aggressive and he tried to take something away from it.

He may have been "playing" with the dog and the dog didn't see it that way(I've seen assholes tormenting their dogs and calling it play) - that's a good way to eventually get attacked.

Who knows we weren't there. There was a reason and it did not come out of nowhere.

The only way I can see that happening, is if the dog was rabid or had a brain tumor that caused sudden, out of character behavior - which is very rare, but possible.

Most often, the owners don't know what they're seeing, so everything looks fine, until it's not. Then it's a case of the perfect family pet, suddenly turning into a mythical beast. That's inaccurate. It's just a dog.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
TheCreeperBEATNGU
  #34  
Old 12-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
So your response to a pit killing his owner a couple days ago is to search through history to find examples of other breeds attacking people? For what purpose? To make the argument that Labradors are just as violent? The facts show otherwise.
I used to date a girl who worked at the humane society and later at a private animal hospital. She told me it was the humane society's policy to put Pit Bulls through safety evaluations twice because of the number of times they've had Pit Bulls bite or attempt to bite. She said unlike other dogs Pits would not be aggressive one day, and the next day try and take someone's hand off. And 5 minutes after they tried to bite someone they would behave friendly again.
Point being they, a origination that deals with all dogs, had to develop extra measures to deal with a specific breed. Because they had experienced that breed was more unpredictable, and aggressive.
I was pointing out how all dogs that are not trained correctly can be aggressive and violent. Many Pits that are used as fighting dogs still are the ones that are let go and taken to humane societies more than loved house dogs. They have been breed to be aggressive, so it only makes logical sense those specific mistreated dogs have more aggression. It's an aggression they are taught.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
TheCreeperBEATNGU
  #35  
Old 12-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Too much interbreeding produces a mutant animal with a proclivity towards unpredictable behaviour. Its like walking around with a loaded gun with the safety off. These breeds serve no other purpose than to be a macho "badge of honour" for their moronic owners. You reap what you sow.
That's not true in any way..

First of all, not all pit owners have them because they want a macho dog to scare people..

Secondly, interbreeding produces mutant animals?!? So are all pure breed dogs mutant animals?

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
TheCreeperBEATNGU
  #36  
Old 12-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Illusion's Avatar
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Join Date: Oct 2009
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 10924 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25875
Re: Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
That's not true in any way..

First of all, not all pit owners have them because they want a macho dog to scare people..

Secondly, interbreeding produces mutant animals?!? So are all pure breed dogs mutant animals?

The domestic dog can be traced back from a single domestication of a wolf about 20 thousand years ago. So yes, your Chiwawa is nothing but a genetic mutation that derived from a extinct species of European wolf.

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Mr Poo, Oswald2001, rob666
  #37  
Old 12-30-2014, 07:50 PM
turdburgler's Avatar
turdburgler
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2432
Join Date: Feb 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss109
Re: Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Poo View Post
Any dogs can attack and kill.. This just happened to be more news worthy because it happened on Christmas day and they get to use PITBULL in the headlines.

2/26/14: White shepherd-mix, with possible involvement of a black retriever-mix killed girl while playing behind the trailer her grandfather rented.

2/28/14: A 115-pound bullmastiff escaped a back-yard fence and mauled two 13-year-old boys, killing one and injuring the other.

3/1/14: Walking home from the playground with an 8-year-old girl, when the dog(bullmastiff) accidentally escaped from his owner's garage and attacked the girl. A teenage boy saved the girl, but then the dog immediately attack Raymane and dragged him off. Someone shot at the dog, frightening it into dropping the boy and running back into the garage. Police and EMTs arrived and took them both to the hospital, where doctors saved the girl but the boy died of penetrating and blunt injuries

6/11/14: When the dog(Catahoula Cur breed) tried to get on the sofa where the baby was on his uncle's lap, the uncle pushed it off. The dog then attacked, biting the baby on the face and neck. Father was injured prying him out of its jaws. EMTs tried to revive the baby and airlifted him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Prior to the attack, the dog had lived with the family for four years. It had bitten a person once, but had drawn no blood. After the attack, the dog was euthanized.

6/25/14: Craig Sytsma, age 46, of Livonia, Michigan, died on July 23, 2014, at a local hospital. Craig had left work and decided to jog along a country road in Metamora Township in southern Lapeer County. Sometime around 5:30 p.m., he was attacked by two Cane Corso dogs who were running loose. The dogs severely mauled Craig.

7/21/14: BEAVER COUNTY (Pittsburgh) – Two white labs attacked 3 young girls. The owner/mother wants to get rid of her dogs after they attacked two young girls, but she says police won’t let her do it. Lee Ann Duez of Midland told KDKA that she owns two white lab mixed dogs.

7/30/14: PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A woman is in the hospital after she was viciously attacked by her own dog in Bloomfield. Police and animal control officers were called, they found the 52-year-old victim covered in blood. According to police, the woman’s English bulldog is believed to have turned on her.

8/20/14: PITTSBURGH (Indiana) – A little girl is recovering after being attacked by a neighbor’s Rottweiller in Brookline.

9/13/14: 4 year old girl killed by dogs. Animal Services in Miami-Dade have removed the dogs from the scene. They later confirmed there were three adult dogs and three puppies at the home at the time of the attack. However, it remains unknown how many or which dog attacked the boy. "A total of six dogs were removed from the scene. Three adults, which appear to be American Bulldog and Labrador Retriever mixes and one pit bull,"

11/8/14: Logan Meyer, age 7, died on October 24, 2014, at his home in Hustisford, Wisconsin. Hustisford is a town in Dodge County. At about 5:20 p.m., Logan was severely bitten by his family's Rottweiler dog. He died at the scene.

11/12/14: LAGRANGE — A 41-year-old Maine woman who nearly died after being attacked by a dog while walking in the town of Lagrange is out of the hospital. Karen Stewart of Prentiss Township lost her right arm following the Nov. 12 attack by an American Bulldog Mix.

11/14/14: STRATFORD-The eight year-old keeshond mix responsible for the death of its 91-year-old owner has been euthanized, according to Police Lt. Frank Eannotti. The dog was responsible for ripping off parts of Stella Antanaitis’s arms during a Nov. 14 attack.

11/18/14: Jayla Rodriguez died Nov. 18. After she was attacked by wild dogs(All mix breed) while she was sledding behind a trailer house on the edge of the town of Pine Ridge.

12/3/14: PLAINFIELD–A Canterbury woman remained in critical condition Thursday morning after police say she was “viciously” attacked by multiple dogs(5 Rottweilers) around 11 a.m. Wednesday.

12/06/14: Toddler Killed by Rottweilers
Crystal River, FL - Citrus County Sheriff's deputies responded to the death of a 2-year old boy from a reported dog attack Saturday afternoon. The family had three children, four rottweilers and another small dog, according to Heather Yates, the sheriff's office spokeswoman. Animal control officers removed all five dogs.

12/6/14: Marie Chriscoe was in Asheboro, NC when she was attacked by a neighbor’s American bulldog.

12/22/14: DENVER — A highly trained K-9 Police German Shepard attacked and killed a family pet. Usually, these dogs only attack if they are told to or the handler makes a mistake. The dog that was attacked was a 11-year-old Shih Tzu. The handler should have been able to call the dog off, but instead the K-9 bit the officer and continued attacking, trainer Peter Spurney said.
“It’s always our fault,” Spurney said. The attack is still under investigation. The deputy did get a ticket for letting his dog loose and the K-9 has been taken out the service pending the investigation.


It killed its owner. That's what makes it different. Not a child, not some elderly lady. A young and able person.
They don't always go fr the word "pitbull". Your own exanples show that. The 41 year old lady that lost her arm. That's the politicaly correct name for a pitbull.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turdburgler For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
  #38  
Old 12-30-2014, 07:51 PM
turdburgler's Avatar
turdburgler
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2432
Join Date: Feb 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss109
Re: Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day

I would love to see what "training the dog to fight" would be. I expect he played with it rough. The dog shows no scars or fighting wounds in the pictures.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turdburgler For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple, invertigo
  #39  
Old 12-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Mr Poo's Avatar
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122
Join Date: Jan 2014
 
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173
Re: Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post
It killed its owner. That's what makes it different. Not a child, not some elderly lady. A young and able person.
They don't always go fr the word "pitbull". Your own exanples show that. The 41 year old lady that lost her arm. That's the politicaly correct name for a pitbull.
Not all of these are news stories, so my examples don't necessarily show that.

My point is all dogs CAN be potentially violent. It obviously is going to be worse if a dog is trained as a fighting dog..

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
TheCreeperBEATNGU
  #40  
Old 12-30-2014, 10:32 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female
Join Date: May 2013
 
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss2031
Re: Indiana Man Mauled to Death by His Pit Bull on Christmas Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post
I would love to see what "training the dog to fight" would be. I expect he played with it rough. The dog shows no scars or fighting wounds in the pictures.
That's right, it doesn't look like it's been chewed on, from the picture. Fighting scars are very recognizable.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO