Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276
Re: Incubator Jailed for Up to 30 Years for Burning Adult Son's Penis & Nipples

DS-
You contribute more than any other user in the current events section, and I for one appreciate that. But I've noticed a pattern in many of your threads; an attempt to crucify parents for alleged crimes.
There are times new information gets discovered, exonerating a suspect, but you've already incited hate and disgust towards a person who didn't really deserve it.

I think it's best to keep the articles nonpartisan, and let people (including you) come to their own conclusions.

Bastet, Cthulhu, diamondsmiles, Faline, gatagato
Old 11-15-2013, 06:41 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatagato View Post
With all the due respect, DS (and you know that i have nothing against you) you are in the wrong here IMHO: a perfect knowledge of english is NOT a pre-requisite to be a DR member, my english sucks but if i read an article on the Guardian or on the NYT i understand it entirely in 99% of the cases, how comes that in some of your threads i can't tell what comes from the newspaper and what comes from you and sometimes it takes to me five if not many more minutes to understand what the article is about? Is this an international discussion board, or isn't it? Why one should "contact" you whenever you decide to edit the title and contents, in order to understand it? Wound't it be much easier (and nicer from you) to share the stuff at least as you got it? Unaltered? It would require even less efforts from you if my calculation is correct. Or shall i assume that you want to share your stuff only with people whose first language is English? I know that i'm a pain in the ass because i don't speak english, i just try to: but i put efforts to try to be understood, it takes time to me, sometimes. But i'm happy to do that because if i want to share something then i share it with the whole community, not only with those who are supposed to know my cryptic language.
Pease don't be mad at me for this one.

No offense taken, gata. I try to see both sides of things. I like you

It wasn't an attempt to be clever or funny. Some words are mine and some are not.

When I read about these women, they piss me off and I don't believe they should ever have had any children!

I don't believe they should be called, "mothers."

When I don't know a word, I ask what it means. Some words, even in the US, are regional and have different meanings.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Bastet, gatagato, Oswald2001
The Following Users Disliked This Post By diamondsmiles:
subhuman
Old 11-15-2013, 06:44 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
DS-
You contribute more than any other user in the current events section, and I for one appreciate that. But I've noticed a pattern in many of your threads; an attempt to crucify parents for alleged crimes.
There are times new information gets discovered, exonerating a suspect, but you've already incited hate and disgust towards a person who didn't really deserve it.

I think it's best to keep the articles nonpartisan, and let people (including you) come to their own conclusions.

Thank you for your input, Invertigo.

Crimes against children piss me off BIG time!

Do you have an example of someone who didn't deserve it? I do updates, when I find them.

Some people do nothing but criticize because they have nothing better to do and I feel sad for them. Not you, Flaka or gata!

I'm not starved for attention or trying to attract minions or sheep ;)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Bastet, gatagato
subhuman
Old 11-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Cthulhu
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:316

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2447

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
Thank you for your input, Invertigo.

Crimes against children piss me off BIG time!

Do you have an example of someone who didn't deserve it? I do updates, when I find them.

Some people do nothing but criticize because they have nothing better to do and I feel sad for them. Not you, Flaka or gata!

I'm not starved for attention or trying to attract minions or sheep ;)
It's not a matter of criticizing for sake of it. But using inflammatory comments in the title, distorts the factual data of the story and makes parsing what it's about more difficult for some.

Just report the info. 99% of the time, people will be just as outraged without you using terms like incubator.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:
Bastet, diamondsmiles, gatagato, Overgrued
Old 11-18-2013, 06:22 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
It's not a matter of criticizing for sake of it. But using inflammatory comments in the title, distorts the factual data of the story and makes parsing what it's about more difficult for some.

Just report the info. 99% of the time, people will be just as outraged without you using terms like incubator.

Thank you for your input, Cthulhu .

I don't know you yet, but, some do follow me and make comments about everything I post just to be mean and feel superior.

It doesn't work. It's a sad reflection on them.

subhuman