female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
Idaho Woman Faces Felony for Unlawful Abortion

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — An eastern Idaho woman faces a felony after she told authorities she took pills to terminate her pregnancy on Christmas Eve and kept the fetus in a box on her back porch for several days, according to a police report .Jennie L. McCormack, a 32-year-old Pocatello woman and mother of three, will be arraigned next Friday in Idaho's 6th District Court. She is accused of having an unlawful abortion on Christmas Eve last year after police say they found the fetus at her home on Jan. 9. unlawful? as to gestational period or manner???...when was roe v wade overturned????? sheesh!!!....only in Idafuckinho!!!....this just SOUNDS too weird!Bannock County Deputy Prosecutor Jared Johnson, who declined to further detail the charge against McCormack.

According to a police report obtained by The Associated Press, McCormack told authorities her sister ordered pills for her online and she took them to terminate her pregnancy because she did not have enough money to have the procedure done by a licensed professional.An acquaintance, Brenda Carnahan, said she heard about the abortion from her brother, who was a close friend to McCormack. It was Carnahan who called police to report that she had heard about the fetus and was concerned.

"There's other things she could have done," Carnahan said. "She could have asked for some type of help."Law enforcement officer found the fetus inside a box that had been wrapped inside a black garbage bag, according to the police report. After the officers opened the bag, they smelled a "terrific odor" and said McCormack then pointed toward their findings and said: "My baby is in the box," the report says.She told police she believed she was 14 weeks into her pregnancy and that she was having a girl, according to the report.

An autopsy later found the fetus was between five to six months of gestation.

McCormack told police she had kept the baby's remains in a box in her bedroom for about a week and moved it outside because it had begun to smell.
McCormack has three children ages 2, 11 and 17. She could not be reached by phone and it was unclear if she had retained an attorney.

If convicted, she faces up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:26 AM
Andria
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:117
Cute, Cuddly, Lovable Girl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8563
Re: Idaho Woman Faces Felony for Unlawful Abortion

Eastern Idaho is almost all Mormons, and that religion is very controlling, restricted & is highly fundamentalist.

There was probably a strong bias against abortion in her city, she probably couldn't get to Boise, Pocatello or Coeur d'Alene for an abortion that was done in a doctor's office and would have risked being a crime or ostracism victim at the hands of the Mormons by going to the local hospital to get one.

Just another case for allowing people to do as they wish with their bodies and eliminating fundamentalism.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andria View Post
Eastern Idaho is almost all Mormons, and that religion is very controlling, restricted & is highly fundamentalist.

There was probably a strong bias against abortion in her city, she probably couldn't get to Boise, Pocatello or Coeur d'Alene for an abortion that was done in a doctor's office and would have risked being a crime or ostracism victim at the hands of the Mormons by going to the local hospital to get one.

Just another case for allowing people to do as they wish with their bodies and eliminating fundamentalism.
I do not understand the legal issue surrounding abortion in general.
was the fetus too gestationally mature? were the pills, in fact, illegal? This woman needs COMPETENT counsel..
I think she was a wackjob for keeping the fetus in a box in her room until it smelled, but if she ordered pills LEGALLY and aborted, then what makes the abortion in itself illegal? see what I am getting at?

Andria
Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 AM
Andria
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:117
Cute, Cuddly, Lovable Girl

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
I do not understand the legal issue surrounding abortion in general.
was the fetus too gestationally mature? were the pills, in fact, illegal? This woman needs COMPETENT counsel..
I think she was a wackjob for keeping the fetus in a box in her room until it smelled, but if she ordered pills LEGALLY and aborted, then what makes the abortion in itself illegal? see what I am getting at?
It was probably gestation, or she could have gotten the pills on the black market. I think see what you're saying...

The Following User Says Thank You to Andria For This Useful Post:
Pink.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:42 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andria View Post
It was probably gestation, or she could have gotten the pills on the black market. I think see what you're saying...
Im going to do some quick researching on the actual laws. Late term abortions are still legal, and if the pills were ordered from a legal business entity, I would like to see exactly how the prosecutors made this case.

Andria
Old 06-29-2011, 10:03 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61178

legal or not but
Quote:
she had kept the baby's remains in a box in her bedroom for about a week and moved it outside because it had begun to smell.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:16 AM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

That's a tad bit crazy.......keeping the body in a box.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

there was a loon on here posted with a miscarriage that she brought home, wrapped in a blanket.....exposed to her other children....just bats some of these people...!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhound View Post
legal or not but

Yeah.
Loonalert.

but these charges that she faces: it seems they are related to the actual abortyion/manner of death to the fetus and not her manner of disposal of the corpse.