Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092
Idaho Republican Rapist Is Allowed a Concealed Carry Permit

BOISE – A legislator whose concealed weapon permit was revoked for lying about a long-ago rape case can still legally carry hidden guns – because Idaho is the only state in the nation that exempts elected officials from the permit law.

The case of state Rep. Mark Patterson, R-Boise, is bringing new attention to the 1990 Idaho law that provides the exemption, and some Idaho lawmakers say it’s time for a change.

Patterson is mulling an appeal of his permit revocation; the Idaho Statesman reported on Sunday that the Ada County sheriff revoked his permit after discovering that he lied twice, in 2007 and 2012, on his permit application. The form asks if the applicant has ever had a withheld judgment for a felony offense. Patterson didn’t disclose his 1974 guilty plea and withheld judgment for assault with intent to commit rape in Florida. He was acquitted in another, unrelated rape case three years later.

Idaho’s elected-official exemption applies to any elected official in the state, from school board members and highway district commissioners, jail guards and city and county officials.

Rep. Frank Henderson, R-Post Falls, was one of those questioning the exemptions.

“I have a philosophy that those of us in public office should be under the same laws as the general public,” Henderson said.

Rep. Luke Malek, R-Coeur d’Alene, said: “I think the message it sends is that elected officials get perks. And when it comes to the Second Amendment, I think that’s particularly disturbing, because essentially, it’s saying we should have more ability to protect ourselves than the average citizen.”

But Rep. Lynn Luker, R-Boise, vice chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, on which Patterson serves, said he’s not ready to do away with the elected-official exemption. “Certainly, public officials can be targets in their own rights, especially in today’s world,” he said. But, he said, “I think it’s something that we need to have a further look-see at.”

Patterson, in a written statement issued to two Boise TV stations late Sunday, accused Ada County Sheriff Gary Raney and Idaho Statesman reporter Dan Popkey of “a bare-knuckled campaign to intimidate me from serving the people of Idaho.”

The first-year lawmaker, who unsuccessfully pushed legislation this year to criminalize law enforcement officers who enforce new federal gun-restriction laws that might be enacted, says Raney is targeting him because of his legislation and because he scrutinized the Idaho Sheriffs’ Association’s spending and policies. “This whole thing is to silence me,” Patterson told the Statesman.

Raney dismissed the idea. “The questions that Mr. Patterson raises and the allegations he makes are irrelevant to the fact that he lied on his initial application and his renewal application,” the sheriff said. “That and only that is the reason for our actions.”

House Majority Leader Mike Moyle, R-Star, said, “I don’t like the fact that there’s a double standard. I think everybody ought to have the same ability and right that the Legislature does: Broaden the exemption.”

Moyle said, “What I’m saying is it ought to include everybody.”

The recounting of his crime and a rather pathetic denial:

"Let’s squiggly screen way back to the disco days of 1974, when Idaho State Rep. Mark Patterson raped a woman. FACT. He pleaded guilty to it, so we really don’t need to go back and forth on what she was wearing so she was prolly asking for it anyway or any of that typical rape culture not-really-rape malarkey. He flat-out full-on raped her:
Patterson was at a bar when he saw a woman crying in the parking lot. So he offered her a ride home. But instead of taking her home, he drove her to his own apartment. The woman tried to get away, but Patterson chased her down, silenced her by clamping his hand over her mouth and forced her into his apartment.

Patterson owned an 85-pound Doberman. He told the woman that he’d command the dog to attack her if she didn’t have sex with him. He also told the woman that he belonged to a biker gang and that his buddies would come after her if she talked.

Of course, now Patterson does not remember raping that lady because — we shit you not — his dentist gave him the Hep C one time, and his chemotherapy treatment wiped his brain.

Seriously. And yeah, we’ll skip over the part about how if his brain was memory-wiped, how does he know he didn’t rape her because that sure seems superfluous to point out, doesn’t it? (See what we did there? We pointed it out anyway because Jesus Christ, man, are you serious with that shit?)

I guess you can have his gun when you pry it from his cold rapey hand, eh?

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...y-gun-without/

Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Broadjumper For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, gatagato, IC10021, kellyhound, Megamel29
The Following 2 Users Disliked Broadjumper For This Post:
GlowingGhoul, Vedderman
Old 11-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Idaho Republican Rapist Is Allowed a Concealed Carry Permit

That's a whole lot of wtf.

He lied on an application for a gun permit? That right there should make him ineligible for the permit. Also, he wanted to make a law that would make it illegal for police to enforce new gun laws? Wtf? He claims to not remember the incident of the rape he admitted to because of chemo and hepatitis? What?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, gatagato, rapeWhistle
Old 11-14-2013, 01:34 AM
rapeWhistle
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40950

The only thing scarier than letting a convicted rapist walk the streets is allowing him to have a gun. The scariest thing about the whole story is that he's a legislator.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, EPIC_FAIL, gatagato, Hangman, IC10021, Megamel29
Old 11-14-2013, 04:24 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5491

Definitely a legislative void, a big one.
It basically denies the principle that everybody is equal before the law. Anywhere, elected officials can't be prosecuted for some types of crimes while in office, but what he did has nothing to do with his office, so this makes no sense at all.
Whatthefuckingfuck, a rapist, a liar BUT since he's an elected official all in all he's free to do whatever he wants. By the way, how comes that he didn't lose the right to be elected after having been convicted? Ridiculous double standard anyway, and somewhat scary.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, Megamel29
Old 11-14-2013, 07:05 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Poster Rank:219
Country Trash
Contributions: 119

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1144 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3998

Obviously lying on his application is fucked up, not denying that.

But this story is stupid. First off, a Withheld Judgement exists for a reason. Though the application he filled out asked that question, a Withheld Judgement is specifically put in place when it is felt that the convicted party doesn't need the crime following them their entire life. It is basically the adult equivalent of a juvenile 'sealed record' and is not really supposed to be used against the guy 35 fucking years later.

Further, the story claims that he 'flat out raped' some weepy broad he found in a parking lot. But he wasn't convicted of RAPE even before the WJ. He was convicted of Assault with Intent which, while plenty bad, is not a 'FLAT OUT RAPE' as is stated in the OP.

Anyway, the guy lied on his application. It sucks his position allows him to circumvent the law. But the title of this thread is spurious bullshit. The guy wasn't convicted of Rape, so calling him a rapist in print is libelous and irresponsible. Get your fucking facts straight or post this shit somewhere other than "News."

The Following User Says Thank You to Vedderman For This Useful Post:
GlowingGhoul
The Following 3 Users Disliked Vedderman For This Post:
Broadjumper, daughterofthenight, IC10021
Old 11-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Old 11-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 449 Post(s)
Quoted: 21531 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss37846

If you don't like it, don't reelect him.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
Old 11-14-2013, 04:18 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61220

Quote:
Rep. Mark Patterson, R-Boise, is offering a new account of events surrounding his being charged with rape in Florida in 1974, including that a private investigator "obtained a tape recorded confession by the woman making the charge that established that she had fabricated the incident.

"Contrary to his statement to Tampa police reported in 1974, Patterson said in a news release Monday that he "had absolutely no sexual contact" with the woman.

He also said he feared for his life after having been "beaten badly twice" in jail, which was one reason he pleaded guilty to a crime he said he didn't commit.

Patterson said his family hired a lawyer and investigator to pursue the case after his felony guilty plea in July 1974.

"After two years' additional work, our private investigator uncovered hard evidence that the police report was full of inaccuracies and conflict," he said in the release.

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: pdf 6Gytz.So.36.pdf(789.4 KB, 116 views)
Old 11-14-2013, 06:24 PM
GlowingGhoul
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:825

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss585

What an intellectually dishonest, piece of shit post.

You'd think that even a failed screenwriter like Broadjumper could come up with something more convincing and difficult to disprove.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Patterson was arrested, charged, and held in jail on the charges. After a short time in jail, Patterson took a plea deal for the lesser charge of assault with intent to commit rape in exchange for no jail time and no fine. It is called a "withheld judgment," which means that, under Florida law, the judge "withheld guilt" and Patterson was allowed to the leave the state with his father while serving five years probation. Two years into that probation, however, Patterson claims a private investigator was able to prove that the woman in question was lying about the incident. That is why after only two years, the probation came to an end.
Patterson explains:

We presented this new evidence to the judge, Harry Lee Coe, and he ordered the case dismissed. My probation was terminated on my birthday, in July of 1976. It is important for the people of Idaho to know that Judge Coe was no liberal or soft on criminals. In fact, during this [sic] 22 years on the bench he was known as 'Hanging Harry' Coe. But in my case, Judge Coe ordered that I be released from further probation.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/11/id...#ixzz2kcpOodRX

Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowingGhoul View Post
What an intellectually dishonest, piece of shit post.

You'd think that even a failed screenwriter like Broadjumper could come up with something more convincing and difficult to disprove.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Patterson was arrested, charged, and held in jail on the charges. After a short time in jail, Patterson took a plea deal for the lesser charge of assault with intent to commit rape in exchange for no jail time and no fine. It is called a "withheld judgment," which means that, under Florida law, the judge "withheld guilt" and Patterson was allowed to the leave the state with his father while serving five years probation. Two years into that probation, however, Patterson claims a private investigator was able to prove that the woman in question was lying about the incident. That is why after only two years, the probation came to an end.
Patterson explains:

We presented this new evidence to the judge, Harry Lee Coe, and he ordered the case dismissed. My probation was terminated on my birthday, in July of 1976. It is important for the people of Idaho to know that Judge Coe was no liberal or soft on criminals. In fact, during this [sic] 22 years on the bench he was known as 'Hanging Harry' Coe. But in my case, Judge Coe ordered that I be released from further probation.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/11/id...#ixzz2kcpOodRX

Why didn't he bring this to public attention before? In a loud way? If it were me, I'd rather bring it up and show this proof than have anyone thinking I was actually guilty of rape or attempted rape.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Broadjumper