Go Back  

How Can a Whole Country Be Fucked in the Head? 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 02-10-2012, 08:57 PM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4824 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss13004
How Can a Whole Country Be Fucked in the Head?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...muhammad-tweet

Interpol accused after journalist arrested over Muhammad tweet
Saudi Arabia used Interpol's system to get journalist arrested in Malaysia for insulting the Prophet Muhammad on Twitter

Share 110 reddit this
Owen Bowcott
guardian.co.uk, Friday 10 February 2012 14.21 EST
Article history

Police in Kuala Lumpur said Hamza Kashgari was detained at the airport following a request by Interpol on behalf of the Saudi authorities. Photograph: Ahmad Yusni/EPA
Interpol has been accused of abusing its powers after Saudi Arabia used the organisation's red notice system to get a journalist arrested in Malaysia for insulting the Prophet Muhammad.

Police in Kuala Lumpur said Hamza Kashgari, 23, was detained at the airport "following a request made to us by Interpol" the international police cooperation agency, on behalf of the Saudi authorities.

Kashgari, a newspaper columnist, fled Saudi Arabia after posting a tweet on the prophet's birthday that sparked more than 30,000 responses and several death threats. The posting, which was later deleted, read: "I have loved things about you and I have hated things about you and there is a lot I don't understand about you … I will not pray for you."

More than 13,000 people joined a Facebook page titled "The Saudi People Demand the Execution of Hamza Kashgari".

Clerics in Saudi Arabia called for him to be charged with apostasy, a religious offence punishable by death. Reports suggest that the Malaysian authorities intend to return him to his native country.

Kashgari's detention has triggered criticism by human rights groups of Malaysia's decision to arrest the journalist and of Interpol's cooperation in the process.

Jago Russell, the chief executive of the British charity Fair Trials International, which has campaigned against the blanket enforcement of Interpol red notices, said: "Interpol should be playing no part in Saudi Arabia's pursuit of Hamza Kashgari, however unwise his comments on Twitter.

"If an Interpol red notice is the reason for his arrest and detention it would be a serious abuse of this powerful international body that is supposed to respect basic human rights (including to peaceful free speech) and to be barred from any involvement in religious or political cases."

He called on Interpol to stand by its obligations to fundamental human rights and "to comply with its obligation not to play any part in this case, which is clearly of a religious nature".

Interpol, which has 190 member countries, has a series of coloured notice systems that police forces around the world use to pass on requests for help. Contacted at its headquarters in Lyon, France, the organisation did not immediately reply to requests for comment on the Kashgari case.

In response to past criticisms of the red notice system, it has said: "There are safeguards in place. The subject of a red notice can challenge it through an independent body, the commission for the control of Interpol's files (CCF)."

Last year Interpol was accused by Fair Trials International of allowing the system to be abused for political purposes when it issued a red notice for the arrest of the Oxford-based leader of an Asian separatist movement, Benny Wenda, who has been granted asylum and has lived in the UK since 2003.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 PM
SeaGrave
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:597
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss953
Re: How Can a Whole Country Be Fucked in the Head?

Fucking religion

Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 PM
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
Poster Rank:632

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaGrave View Post
Fucking religion
I'm an Atheist and I would say fuck the extremists (not just muslims but christians,catholics whatever the fuck religion else is out there these days), people can believe in whatever they want as long as they don't try to force their shit onto me and it isn't constantly thrown at my face ,I'm cool with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xstunt1ngx For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, SeaGrave
Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 PM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4824 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss13004

What if I said "I will not pray to you, Mohammed? " over there. Jesus Christ! Will they kill me? How fucking incredible.

It's a fucking myth, as is (insert religion here) and every other faith/religion based on supernaturalism.

The Following User Says Thank You to BryanXavier For This Useful Post:
SeaGrave
Old 02-10-2012, 10:04 PM
tannersmith
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3236

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss68

Fuck all religions, especially Islam, the most extreme religion of all.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:00 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
What if I said "I will not pray to you, Mohammed? " over there. Jesus Christ! Will they kill me? How fucking incredible.

It's a fucking myth, as is (insert religion here) and every other faith/religion based on supernaturalism.
What do you think would happen here if Rick Santorum got elected?

Exact same shit, different sky fairy......

Old 02-10-2012, 11:20 PM
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
Poster Rank:632

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
What do you think would happen here if Rick Santorum got elected?

Exact same shit, different sky fairy......
Or Romney, he believes in a religion which thinks that all black people descended from Cain...
Quote:
"the idea that Ham's wife preserved a curse of black skin inherited from Cain that was passed on is not canonized doctrine."
It's a scary thought to have.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:29 AM
luton loyal
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:115

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8705