Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526
Homeless Men Spring Into Action to Assist Police

By NBCMiami.com
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. - Three homeless men came to the aid of a deputy who was trying to arrest a man who had become violent with him, authorities said Thursday.

Deputy Kevin Meyer was dispatched to a Pompano Beach McDonald's on Saturday morning. When he arrived, he was told that Patrick Davis, 29, tried to steal someone's backpack.

Davis went towards the door holding a metal object when Meyer tried to handcuff him, authorities said.

The suspect reacted with "super strength" that police believe he had temporarily from a drug he was on when the deputy went to handcuff him, knocking off Meyer's glasses, the Broward Sheriff's Office said. His radio microphone also came off and the handcuffs fell on the floor.

See video here: http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...fficult-arrest

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Cumulonimbus, Daverika Wulff, Dragonlady66
Old 03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Curb Stomper
Offline:
Joseph Goebbels
Poster Rank:169
Male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5815
Re: Homeless Men Spring Into Action to Assist Police

HomelessLAD.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:42 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:89
Male.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

And some say homeless people are worthless trash. Not so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billthegravedigger For This Useful Post:
dooshman, icheerthebull
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Billthegravedigger:
Temptation
Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Not at all. Some are just down on their luck and smarter than some people give them credit for. My brother, when he worked, used to take homeless guys to lunch when he came upon them. We chatted with a veteran after giving him a couple of dollars and a soda at a light. I told him he looked like he was ready to pass out. He said I was very observant. I think he drank the entire can in one gulp. I only had that one cold one with me.

Didn't a homeless guy help someone in a store one time that made the news? It was one of those 24 hour type stores. He held the guy until the police came.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger, icheerthebull
Old 03-09-2012, 10:27 PM
polo1o1
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1952

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss155

ive discovered that homeless people tend to be wise as fuck

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polo1o1 For This Useful Post:
Billthegravedigger, icheerthebull
Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 PM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:89
Male.

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

I have too. They have to be wise to survive at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Billthegravedigger For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Billthegravedigger:
Temptation
Old 03-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8105 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16964

There but for the grace of God go us all

Old 03-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Daverika Wulff
Offline:
Blind as a Bat
Poster Rank:305
All male... baby.

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2597

All the homeless people in Rhode Island are drug-addict bums who hate the police. This is as likely happening here as any of them getting their lives straight.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:23 PM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:58
Dude

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deverica Wolf View Post
All the homeless people in Rhode Island are drug-addict bums who hate the police. This is as likely happening here as any of them getting their lives straight.
In high school and college, I spent many months working with the homeless shelters in Washington, DC. And I can tell you from first hand experience, although a significant percentage of the homeless are chemically dependent to some degree on substance abuse, including alcohol, many more are either mentally ill, suffering from severe emotional trauma, or are just like anyone else in the forum except they've run into some hard times. By the way, a lot of the homeless I saw were parents with children. And it's the same in any city you go to.

Now I know that comment you made is based on nothing more than hearsay, w/o any proof whatsoever.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By dooshman:
Daverika Wulff
Old 03-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Daverika Wulff
Offline:
Blind as a Bat
Poster Rank:305
All male... baby.

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2597

I live right near a homeless shelter which is also a church. I've eaten there on holidays. The same people there are the ones that are Downtown and at the Library and at Crossroads (Center for everything homeless in RI) and Providence Center (Mental Facility, #1 place for the "crazy" people who need their "meds", right next to a supermarket plaza I go to) and the soup kitchens (I've been to a couple of them) and the shelter type Apt. buildings around Providence (One next to the shelter here. Another they just shut down because it was disgusting with mice and roaches!). THEY ROAM AROUND THERE ALL DAY. I know some of them and talk to them when they bug me. RI is small and nothing is hidden. NOTHING!

They are all scum. If they're not bumming for a cigarette, they are high as a kite or talking to friends for deals in that sneaky way that they do. Crack, heroin, pills (name a kind), booze, they walk around Downtown full of it spreading their filth over clean people like me. AND they are fucking rude and stupid and like to start fights. Crossroads is a very dangerous place to be around.

Most of them smell, dress in raggy shit, and take all the spots on the bus. And many of them have HIV and Hepatitis. I know from other people who go to the shelter. One person who seemed to actually be straight and was there because of a lack of job I talked to all the time and he gave me the down-low, besides other people who eat there as well. RI is full of shelters by the way. That one is the only safe one.

It doesn't help that RI people in general and stupid and rude. This whole state is a mess and it's just getting worse. Maybe it's different in other states but Rhode Island is Number 1 for drug-use and this state has no money or jobs. Virtually all those homeless are addicted to drugs and alcohol and bum around all day until they get on SSI. Very few of them have true mental issues. They are simply lazy losers who abuse the shelter, taking it away from real people who need those beds. Ages range from 18 to 50, mainly. And all the woman I've seen who have children are whores and sluts. If anyone says otherwise I'd like to kill them because they are contributing to the decay of this state, my state.

If I could, I'd have them all thrown in a gas chamber. They do nothing but break the law. They're nothing but idiots for a martial artist to take some practice on or a pyro to light on fire.

And, yes, I'm the good guy!

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ds-more-rehab/
http://wonkette.com/408958/rhode-island-is-1-in-drugs