Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524
Re: Holiday For White People Proposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittykitty View Post
There are no black only colleges. There are colleges that were create for blacks at a time when black could not go to white colleges or "true colleges" at all. The Historically black colleges around today welcome people of all races. If you are not black and choose to go to these colleges you qualify for a ridiculous amount of financial aid. So there is no such things as a black only college in the U.S.

I believe the Negro College Fund still exists. I thought there were black colleges, too.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:37 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubahood View Post
white people have lots of holidays

christmas, thanksgiving, halloween, st patricks day, etc, etc

what are y'all so threatened by? serious.

Halloween?!?!

Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

people say christmas is a white holiday because of the image they made jesus to be.. long silky hair, white, blue eyes.. they show Mass on tv--all white people. most or pretty much all of the best christmas songs are, for lack of a better song, WHITE.

Christmas in the US though, is more of a capitalist Federal holiday, than religious.. even Muslims celebrate it. By celebrate, i mean buy gifts, spend lots of money.

Let me tell you people something. There needed to be a BET for black people to feel comfortable with themselves, something to relate to. I watched copious amounts of TV as a child. I grew up in the generation where TV raised you. Growing up I would watch mostly white programs. I say white programs because thats all that was on tv. Now I know we all daydream. Our daydreams are always better than real life.. when I would daydream, my self image would be WHITE because thats all i would see on tv. I'd be the coolest white guy ever, getting the prettiest girls, fast cars, motorcycles, etc. Whether id be a ninja in my daydreams, I would be a white guy under the mask.

TV fucked me up as a kid.. it wasnt until later like in high school that I realized how fucked up my mind was. I was brainwashed to think WHITE is the way to be because its so heavily idolized.

Now if you dont understand the significance of a Black Entertainment Television channel or all Black awards (MOBO for instance), i dont know what to tell you. It teaches culture. It gives people something to be proud of. People who, as a culture, has no culture because it has been stripped from them. Seriously, how can you hate on "Music of Black Origin".. Music of White Origin exists.. its called Classical music. You can be proud of that all you want, because if you know anything about music, its that when all technology is dead and gone, classical music will still live on, because it has been translated on paper, can always be created. Be proud of your music of white origin. dont hate the MOBO. let the people have something to be proud of. Let them learn their roots.

In conclusion, what would be the point of a white holiday? Spite? White people dont need anything more to be proud of. Look around.. you conquer worlds. You have the power to look down on others and start conversations amongst yourselves about people who are not your race and feel so happy that you are white. You lead most fraternities and secure better jobs because of it. its pretty funny.. i dont know how many black people are on this site but most of you WHITE people sure like to [try to] play victim. I dont know if its a joke or just mocking how some black people are.

PS.. BET used to be a good thing, that is until VIACOM took it over and dictate what they think black people should watch--as far as the most negative shit to fuel the young black culture. I know they hired someone new to regulate & create new shows that would change the programming, but that was in 2007.. i read up on it. I stopped watching tv when i was still in high school because its all stupid shit on tv. I dont know how that channel is these days. I assume it went the way of MTV.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Brometheus:
ilikeitwhenudie
Old 06-08-2012, 11:28 PM
NaTaS
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:892
I am a Meat popsicle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss519

National European American month?

The Following User Says Thank You to NaTaS For This Useful Post:
ilikeitwhenudie
Old 06-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11935

I'm in the funeral industry which means Holidays have no meaning to me!