Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
High School Security Guard Dies After Breaking Up Fight

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4996712.story

An autopsy was inconclusive on a security guard who died after falling against a locker while trying to break up a fight at at Thornwood High School in South Holland, authorities said.

The cause and manner of Richard Cowser's death will not be known until further studies are done, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Paramedics responded to the school at 17101 S. Park Ave. in the south suburb early Thursday afternoon and found Cowser unconscious. Cowser, 54, was taken to Ingalls Hospital in Harvey and pronounced dead at 1:33 p.m., police said.

Cowser and another security guard had responded to a fight between two female students in a school hallway, according to police. As the officers were trying break up the fight, Cowser fell against the locker. The guard had trouble breathing and paramedics were called, according to police.

The students involved and witnesses were being interviewed by South Holland police. An autopsy is scheduled for Friday.

Cowser lived in the 1000 block of East 173rd Street in South Holland and was a former student at Thornwood, officials said.

The school released a statement offering its "heartfelt condolences" to Cowser's family. It said counselors would be available to students and staff today.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=9263417

September 26, 2013 (SOUTH HOLLAND, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police say a security guard was trying to break up a fight at Thornwood High School when he was injured after falling into a locker. The guard was rushed to a hospital where he died. On Thursday night, police said they were questioning the two students involved in the fight.

No charges have been filed as police look at surveillance images from inside the school to determine exactly what happened.

It was parent-teacher conference night at Thornwood High School, but parents say they were told little about what happened.

"It's devastating. But this should be a learning experience for the students," said Toya King, parent, Thornwood High School.

Police say it all began at the school with a fight between two female students, ages 17 and 18. The dispute, students say, was over a pair of designer jeans.

"It was one of them, they owned it, and the girl got mad because she wanted her clothes back," said Jaylan Houston, student, Thornwood High School.

Multiple security guards rushed to get between the girls, one of them was 54-year-old Richard Cowser.

"For whatever reason, he fell into a locker. And once he fell into a locker, he fell down to the floor," said Chief Greg Baker, South Holland Police Department.

Police say Cowser had trouble breathing and was taken to Ingalls Hospital in Harvey, where he was pronounced dead around 1:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon.

"He lost his life. And I think that's just so cruel. I think it's cruel. Kids come to school to learn, not to fight," said Cynthia Fisher, parent, Thornwood High School.

On Thursday night, police were interviewing the girls who got in the fight and awaiting the results of an autopsy scheduled for Friday.

"It appears that no one knows exactly how this gentleman went into the locker, and no one knows exactly how he ended up on the floor," said Chief Baker.

Cowser had been a guard at the school for about a year. His sister told ABC7 he was a body builder and was in good health.

"I just remember his smile. And I just get a picture of him. He was a good man. He didn't deserve it," said Jada King, student, Thornwood High School.

"He was a good security guard. He was a caring person. You would've thought that he had his own kids here," said Fisher.

The security guard's sister says her brother moved here from Florida about a year ago to help out their parents.

<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wls&section =&mediaId=9264895&parentId=9263642&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wls&section =&mediaId=9264895&parentId=9263642&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site="></embed></object>

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, diamondsmiles, Pyramid_Head
Old 09-27-2013, 07:42 PM
rapeWhistle
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40950
Re: High School Security Guard Dies After Breaking Up Fight

Damn, freak accident... dude was younger than my Dad and in good shape.

Involuntary Manslaughter for the 18yr old...?

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, Megamel29
Old 09-27-2013, 08:50 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

wow, hope those bitches are happy with themselves now. all this over a pair of jeans. of course, they never would have thought that somebody would die over a fight in the hallway. it was this fight that caused the man to be injured and the two girls should face charges of assault or fighting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, MadCore, Megamel29
Old 09-27-2013, 09:12 PM
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11215 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss23604

shitty

The Following User Says Thank You to bob351 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 09-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

So far autopsy results were inconclusive.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 09-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:61
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Aneurysm? Heart attack? Stroke?

And what if his first name had been Wowser? Then he would have been Wowser Cowser.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle
Old 09-28-2013, 12:54 AM
rapeWhistle
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40950

He went by 'Bowser'.

Wowser 'Bowser' Cowser.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
bob351, Darkest Angel
Old 09-28-2013, 03:38 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

How sad, just a classic case of freak accident. Hope his family makes it through this horrible time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Megamel29
Old 09-28-2013, 11:01 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61220

Quote:
It isn't clear if he was actually struck by a student or if he just fell, hitting his head on the locker.

Boyd said Cowser's face turned purple when he hit the ground. "The security guards run over there, trying to break the fight up.

He jumped in front of the girls and he just slowly passed out. He leaned over into the locker and passed out," Boyd said.
very weird

Old 09-29-2013, 03:10 AM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:348
BULL

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2122

It doesn't matter how hard you train or how built you are, no one is exclusive to death's grasp.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shoelessjojackson For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, diamondsmiles