Poster Rank:7

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 25063 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss65212
Heroin to Be Prescribed to Canadian Addicts by Doctors

Following a court battle, doctors at a medical facility in Vancouver will be able to prescribe the drug to patients who have not responded to other treatments

Doctors in Canada will become the first medics in North America to prescribe heroin to addicts next week.

Staff at the Vancouver-based Providence Crosstown Clinic have received a shipment of medical grade heroin and will begin prescribing the drug over the coming days.

Health Canada has authorised 120 people to receive the prescriptions, 26 of whom were participants in a previous trial which worked with individuals who had not responded to more conventional treatments.

Following the trial doctors wanted to continue to prescribe heroin to patients in their care, but were unable to after Rona Ambrose, the federal health minister, introduced regulations banning heroin prescriptions outside of clinical trials in October 2013.

Medics went to the supreme court of British Columbia and successfully petitioned it to grant an injunction against the ban.

David Byres, vice-president of Acute Clinical Programs at Providence Health Care, told the Globe and Mail: "The patients are so desperate for treatment, so desperate to be able to no longer be addicted.

"It’s a great thing to be able to help them, and help with the addiction that has taken over their entire lives."

Patients who are prescribed the drug must attend the clinic at least three times a day, at set times, and let nurses monitor them for adverse effects.

Since banning the use of prescription heroin, outside of trials, in October last year around 30 people have left doctors’ care at the Providence Clinic and some are believed to have relapsed and are now taking illegal heroin.

The federal Conservative government has maintained that it is opposed to doctors prescribing heroin to drug users.

In the UK prescription heroin is already legal and has been widely used across the country for a number of years as a treatment for heroin addicts.

Other European countries, including Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland, also allow heroin based treatments for those who do not respond to more traditional therapies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...s-9878322.html

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
syringes.jpg  

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Clubhouse For This Useful Post:
30564U, bob351, gatagato, Illusion, Kanda444, Oswald2001, Pyramid_Head, rob666
Old 11-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49337
Re: Heroin to Be Prescribed to Canadian Addicts by Doctors

fantastic! real help for addicts is always a great thing! 'once an addict, always an addict' isnt the case and people can get through this shit with a bit of help and some dedication on their part. i love that they are helping others!

Arkoquisa, gatagato, rob666, skumbfuck420, Sterlig
Old 11-24-2014, 07:27 PM
thckoitin
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:446
Male
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1467

This is ok. They already prescripted methadon and subutex for same reason. What's the difference?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thckoitin For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Kanda444, Oswald2001, Sterlig, Xfactor
Old 11-24-2014, 08:38 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

I guess if it helps them get over their addiction.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2759 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss10529

I doubt that heroin can do anything that other drugs can't.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 11-24-2014, 09:32 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4573 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss11705

All for it, as long as there are laws around their intoxication imposing on the public, can't see any issues.

If people want to sit at home drooling, and shitting on themselves, more power to them.

commondenom, ewnasssty, Jerdipski, jesuswept, Sterlig
Old 11-25-2014, 01:00 AM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Ok...I'm confused here. First off, I didn't know that Beyer still made real brand name Heroin anymore...that's interesting in and of itself. Second, what's with the whole "clinical trials" stuff? Pretty much everyone knows what Heroin does. Are they using it as a natural substitute for traditional Methadone treatment? Third, is this like what the do in the UK where they register and supply Heroin addicts with government issued Heroin? I don't understand this. Sounds stupid...what's next Laudanum therapy? Everything old is new again...next well see the reintroduction of Chinese opium dens as treatment centers. Maybe I'm missing something, but this sounds kinda goofy.

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 11-25-2014, 03:33 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2541 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss8005

about time the world fucking woke up to this.....chucking addicts or users in prison is insane..a huge waste of time and money

Old 11-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Agapeti
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:687
Female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss776

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Ok...I'm confused here. First off, I didn't know that Beyer still made real brand name Heroin anymore...that's interesting in and of itself. Second, what's with the whole "clinical trials" stuff? Pretty much everyone knows what Heroin does. Are they using it as a natural substitute for traditional Methadone treatment? Third, is this like what the do in the UK where they register and supply Heroin addicts with government issued Heroin? I don't understand this. Sounds stupid...what's next Laudanum therapy? Everything old is new again...next well see the reintroduction of Chinese opium dens as treatment centers. Maybe I'm missing something, but this sounds kinda goofy.
Well if you think logically about it, it is going to be given to people that 'traditional therapy' didn't work. Not only will it lower the crime rate because they won't be robbing/burglarizing people for money to buy it on their own, but it will also make it safer - considering needles and HIV. Another thing it will do is decrease deaths from overdoses. So to me, it makes sense.

The Following User Says Thank You to Agapeti For This Useful Post:
ewnasssty
Old 11-26-2014, 02:44 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:363
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss2030

It doesn't have much to say on weaning off or success rates. Is there a program to get them completely off, or is it just another way to get money from the addicts, using a better tasting candy?

Don't mind my suspicion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
30564U, Oswald2001