Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss783
Re: Heart Pill 'Stops People Being Racist'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo47 View Post
I think that once again it is the ultra rich and huge drug companies trying to make a dollar.

Racism is not fear to those who live it and experience it. It is memories and experiences and no drug can suppress that. For those who have live in cities that were once white, Middle Class and turned and are now the projects. For someone who was victimized by someone of a difference race it would not work.

I am not one for medicating and think that people are stronger then they know and can overcome many things without popping a damn pill. There are good and bad to every race and most people realize that and don't need a pill to do it.
Racism is not just founded on memories and experiences, there is also a whole load of hearsay, assumption and prejudice involved, and these last two are not objective thought processes, they are influenced deeply by our emotional state ; and therefore I believe racism to be a defensive social reaction in the face of a perceived threat. This drug won't erase bad memories, but it may remove the anxieties that lead us to categorize people based on their land of origin.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Brainplague
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:246
Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3529
Re: Heart Pill 'Stops People Being Racist'

Quote:
Originally Posted by spycosis View Post
Racism is not just founded on memories and experiences, there is also a whole load of hearsay, assumption and prejudice involved, and these last two are not objective thought processes, they are influenced deeply by our emotional state ; and therefore I believe racism to be a defensive social reaction in the face of a perceived threat. This drug won't erase bad memories, but it may remove the anxieties that lead us to categorize people based on their land of origin.
Very well said.

However, in my neighborhood, removing my anxiety over people that are gangsters or wannabe gangsters would be counter to my instincts for survival.