Arse fucker
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Hawaii Woman Told To Shorten Her 35-Letter Last Name For Driver's License

Just change it to Smith and be done with it.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Poster Rank:1121
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss349

My name is not even near that, but thanks to Finnish systems, my middle name does not fit into official papers, bank cards, school reports etc. Just how many times have I had to explain that yes, my bank card has a man's name on it, but it is really mine... Since the missing three letters turn my middle name into a man's name. And "yes, that is my graduation paper".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MadCore For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, gatagato, rapeWhistle, winvens
Old 09-17-2013, 11:00 PM
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:36
Contributions: 118
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 2752 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 11/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss21414

Since my mother and I have the same name, except for the middle initials, we always use them.

Most people still leave them out so I've been adding our middle names to things.

Causes all kinds of messes with mail, medical records, credit, etc.

Never name your child after yourself! As adults, it's a pain in the ass!

And our social security numbers begin with the same three numbers, 22 years apart.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Megamel29, winvens
Old 09-18-2013, 02:20 AM
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:179
Contributions: 367
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5433

Hubert Blaine Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff, Sr. (Wolfe+585, Senior) is the short name of a Philadelphian typesetter, who has held the record for the longest personal name ever used. "585" represents the number of additional letters in his full surname (total 590). His full 746-letter name is Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorffvoralternwareng ewissenhaftschaferswessenschafewarenwohlgepflegeun dsorgfaltigkeitbeschutzenvonangreifendurchihrraubg ierigfeindewelchevoralternzwolftausendjahresvorand ieerscheinenwanderersteerdemenschderraumschiffgebr auchlichtalsseinursprungvonkraftgestartseinlangefa hrthinzwischensternartigraumaufdersuchenachdiester nwelchegehabtbewohnbarplanetenkreisedrehensichundw ohinderneurassevonverstandigmenschlichkeitkonntefo rtplanzenundsicherfreuenanlebenslanglichfreudeundr uhemitnichteinfurchtvorangreifenvonandererintellig entgeschopfsvonhinzwischensternartigraum, Senior.

The Museum of Hoaxes, which says the 590-letter name "seems to be true", provides a translation by Charles Haberl; it treats Steinhausen as a separate geographical name and continues, "Who before ages were conscientious shepherds whose sheep were well tended and diligently protected against attackers who by their rapacity were enemies who 12,000 years ago appeared from the stars to the humans by spaceships with light as an origin of power, started a long voyage within starlike space in search for the star which has habitable planets orbiting and whither the new race of reasonable humanity could thrive and enjoy lifelong happiness and tranquility without fear of attack from other intelligent creatures from within starlike space".

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:16
Standing by...
Contributions: 53
Mentioned: 479 Post(s)
Quoted: 21092 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 13/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss39999

This is in Hawaii, they should have a license that accommodates ridiculously-long traditional Hawaiian names... we already fucked them out of their island and killed-off their tribal leaders, at least let them continue the tradition of passing down family history through their names.

Originally Posted by joak View Post
but they get all fucking fat and useless.
i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.