Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73
Handcuffed Teenager Shot Himself in the Head in Back of Police Car

Hmmmm

Handcuffed teenager shot HIMSELF in the head in back of police car, insist North Carolina police amid outrage
Jesus Huerta, 17, died while handcuffed in the back of a police car on November 19
Autopsy report today revealed he died of a gunshot wound to the face
Cops say preliminary findings of internal investigation clears police
Huerta's family are demanding a federal investigation
By DAILY MAIL REPORTERS
PUBLISHED: 19:31 EST, 10 January 2014 | UPDATED: 19:53 EST, 10 January 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...na-police.html

North Carolina police say they have proof a 17-year-old Latino teen, whose hands were cuffed behind his back, fatally shot himself in the head last year.
Durham police today released the preliminary findings of their internal investigation into the death of Jesus Huerta as he sat in the back of a police car on November 19.
Police said evidence clears officers of any wrongdoing, as an autopsy report revealed Huerta died from a gunshot wound to the face at close range.
Findings: North Carolina police claim they have evidence which shows Jesus Huerta, 17, shot himself in the face while his hands were handcuffed behind his back while in police custody on November 19
Police told a press conference today that investigators found gunpowder residue on a white, batting-style glove that Huerta was wearing and none on the arresting officer's hand.
Authorities say the officer checked the car at the start of his shift and found no weapon.
However Huerta's family says the findings have raised more questions than answers, repeating their call for a federal investigation.
'Is this the type of police culture we want? The culture starts at the top, at the chief,' family attorney Alex Charns said, according to WNCN.com.

'Why was the family left in the parking lot without answers? Most of what they had to say today, they knew that morning.'
On November 19, Huerta's sister called 911 to report him missing.
Police found the runaway teen at Washington Street and Trinity Avenue about 2.30 a.m. A search revealed Huerta had an outstanding warrant for a second-degree trespassing violation.
Officer Sam Duncan arrested Huerta, handcuffed him behind his back and placed him in a patrol car after patting him down. A gun was not detected.
Cops said on the way to the police station, Huerta shot himself.
An initial police report said the cruiser's internal video was not turned on at the time. The camera was started at 6.05pm when Duncan initially logged on to the system but he did not turn the camera back on after picking up Huerta.
Officers said Huerta shot himself with a .45 caliber semiautomatic handgun but did not say how the teenager got the gun.
The controversial case has sparked at least two demonstrations against police regarding the department's handling of the Huerta case.
In one protest, officers used tear gas to disperse crowds that had gathered in downtown Durham. Police said some in the crowd threw rocks and bottles at officers.
Meanwhile late last month, a peaceful vigil for Huerta ended in violence.
The supporters began at Durham City Hall and marched towards Durham Police Department, shadowed by police.
According to the News Observer, as the crowd surged towards the Police Department parking lot police commanded them to leave.
The crowd continued into the parking lot, some carrying signs that read: 'murdered by police'.
Police, some dressed in riot gear, used tear gas and batons to disperse the crowd of about 150 friends, family and supporters as they marched.
A coordinator of the vigil, Rafael Estrada Maya called for quiet and restraint.
'We are praying! Respect prayer! Respect the dead,' he pleaded over a loudspeaker.
The crowd departed the parking lot and began to move back towards Durham's downtown area where younger members of the crowd chanted and threw firecrackers at the ranks of armed riot police.
Smoke bombs and tear gas were released and according to a witness, police beat protesters with sticks.
'They didn't really look like batons or night sticks, but they were thinner and longer and they were reaching over the banner whacking people with them,' said David Kaplan.
'They were clearly upset with the fact that people were out expressing themselves and upset at the fact that it appears they murdered a 17-year-old child.'
Police Chief Jose Lopez said his officers were restrained in their treatment of the protesters.
'I could not be more proud of the restraint and professionalism demonstrated by our officers," Durham Police Chief Jose Lopez said in a statement to the media.
'There was a march. The peaceful intent did not exist. We used the best practices in law enforcement,' he said at a news conference Friday.
At least six protesters were arrested.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shinycatcreations For This Useful Post:
aenko, invertigo, Megamel29, Pyramid_Head, shoelessjojackson
Old 01-11-2014, 12:21 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275
Re: Handcuffed Teenager Shot Himself in the Head in Back of Police Car

How can you shoot yourself in the face with your arms cuffed behind your back? I can't even find a yoga master that could pull that off

Click image for larger version

Name:	Extreme-Yoga-Poses-28.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	507356

aenko, Flaka, Sybil
Old 01-11-2014, 01:05 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3102

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

Yea i know thats what i was thinking. I wish they would have given a little more info on the "how" aspect of it. If thats all they have to say about it then that makes me really say
I have seen videos of people that are really flexible that somehow pull thier arms around to the front. They have some weird shoulder rotating thing going on.
If he did do this to himself, they sure didn't frisk him very good.
I'm going to see if i can find anything else out.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Shadedwill
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:250
Male (evidently surprisingly)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421

I'm flexible enough to bring my handcuffed arms around to my front, but I doubt I could shoot myself like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadedwill For This Useful Post:
Azimuth
Old 01-11-2014, 03:25 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3102

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadedwill View Post
I'm flexible enough to bring my handcuffed arms around to my front, but I doubt I could shoot myself like that.
I just read a little more about it. They said he was trying to bring his arms behind his knees. He said he "had a wedgie" and it was uncomfortable. They thought he might be trying to hide drugs but they were almost to the station so they were going to frisk him again when they got there. They heard metal on the hard plastic and thought it was the cuffs rubbing against the seat. Next thing that know they hear a shot and jumped out of the car and the car rolled into some parked cars. They found him slumped over to the left and gun on his right side. The other thing i read said he shot himself in the mouth and the bullet was in the roof. The dispatcher was told by his family that he has been sucidal in the past, but the dispatcher did not tell the cops that.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9388896

Old 01-11-2014, 03:51 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
How can you shoot yourself in the face with your arms cuffed behind your back? I can't even find a yoga master that could pull that off

Attachment 507356
I doubted the story at first too. Then I noticed his name is Jesus. So maybe he pulled off another miracle? Like the water to wine thing?

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
invertigo
Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

The camera was off and the kid was handcuffed sitting in a police car after being searched. Sounds very odd if you ask me.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:26 PM
blue devil
Offline:
on the outside looking in
Poster Rank:222
male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3966