Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675
Gym Revokes Membership of Woman Complaining of Man Entering Changerooms

...because he is protected by their "judgment free" policy in regards to his newfound transgender status (As noted by the author of the quoted article below, there are numerous instances when Planet Fitness' "judgement free" policy has not applied to women).

Luckily, the newly-expelled Planet Fitness member, Yvette Cormier, then went to TVS about the ordeal. She says, “I was stunned and shocked. He totally looked like a man. He was not dressed like a woman at all.”

Further scratching of the surface has revealed that the unnamed man has not had surgery, is not on hormones, has spent at least the last few years playing an online persona named "Carlotta Sklowdowska", a self-described "male slut in training" who has a fictitious Eastern European background complete with stereotyped sexual exploitation and, at one point, a typed-out accent (and who would post messages on Facebook to female fitness enthusiasts such as "will you pee on me?") but has only now decided he is "Carlotta" full-time.

He is not a member of the gym and was not dressed as a woman according to Cormier (note that a very noticeable wig is part of the Carlotta outfit ensemble) so why a man who just so happens to have a fetish for female fitness enthusiasts decided to enter the women's changerooms at Planet Fitness and leave a bag in there is anyone's guess (though I think I can guess!)

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/07/ju...er-room-video/
Quote:
A national gym chain that touts its “non-intimidating” environment revoked a Midland, Mich. woman’s membership, claiming she violated its “No Judgement Zone” policy by telling other gym-goers about an incident in which she believed she encountered a man in the locker room.

Yvette Cormier said she was “stunned and shocked” when she entered the Midland, Mich. Planet Fitness gym’s locker room last Saturday and encountered someone she said looked like a man but who actually self-identifies as a woman.

“He looked like a man. He did not look like a woman,” Cormier told Flint’s WNEM.

“I was blocked, because a man was standing there,” Cormier said. “It freaked me out because, why is a man in here?

A flustered Cormier went to the gym’s front desk staff and told them a man was in the locker room. An attendant informed her the person was not a man, but a transgender woman.

“This is very unprofessional. This is very scary,” said Cormier, who did not know the gym’s policy on the matter at the time.

She then made her concerns known to the gym’s corporate office.

“They told me the same thing, that he was allowed in there because that’s the sex he wants to be,” Cormier said.

Cormier attended the gym Monday through Thursday this week and told other women in the locker room about her encounter. She told WNEM that she then received a phone call from Planet Fitness’ corporate office.

She said she was asked her if she planned to stop talking with others at the gym about the incident in the locker room. When Cormier said she would not she was informed that her membership was revoked.

A statement released by the nationwide workout chain indicates that Cormier was banned because she violated the fitness chain’s “Judgement Free Zone” policy. Planet Fitness’ statement reads:

Quote:
Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity. In expressing her concerns about the policy, the member in question exhibited behavior that club management deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was canceled.
Planet Fitness bills itself as different than traditional gyms, which are seen as intense environments full of testosterone and heavy weight lifting. An example of the chain’s different take on gym-going is its use of a “Lunk Alarm” at each facility which members can sound if another member is working out too aggressively by grunting or slamming weights.

Cormier’s case is not the first time Planet Fitness’ use of the ban-hammer has drawn controversy.

Last April, a pregnant woman in South Carolina was asked to leave the gym because her belly was exposed. Last March, Planet Fitness staffers reportedly asked a woman to wear more clothing because her “toned body” was “intimidating” other members.

Another case of Planet Fitness’ harsh policies may be more applicable to Cormier’s situation.

A Muslim woman filed suit last year after she says gym staff told her that she had to remove a head scarf she wears for religious purposes because it violated dress code. Attorneys for Planet Fitness made the defense that gym staff did not know the woman was Muslim before asking her to remove the head scarf. The attorneys also argued that the Muslim woman failed to participate in good faith.
According to this exclusive interview with "Carlotta" (the writers only refer to the character), while he is not a member of Planet Fitness, he entered the women's changerooms to leave a bag there because he was visiting a friend.

The friend has not been identified or come forward, not even to Planet Fitness, which is a darn shame because it would be easily verifiable that the friend used their membership that day.

He also claims that he was dressed as a woman (leggings and baggy t-shirt) but that his masculine figure may have obscured this, creating a mistaken impression that he wasn't in drag. Bear in mind that the Carlotta costume involves a very noticeable wig, something a freaked-out woman spotting a male creeper in the women's changerooms would not fail to mention, since it would add to the creepiness, and it therefore seems unlikely he was wearing it (or any drag), further calling into question his version of events.

"Carlotta" in character:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2hojv9j.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	612013

Since "Carlotta Sklowdowska" became famous, people have been taking screen caps of the character's Facebook page (It has since been taken down):

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pigeon For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, kellyhound, Kelseecat65, Megamel29, Mr Poo, Oswald2001, Pyramid_Head, Top Gear
Old 03-12-2015, 08:44 PM
PlinyTheYounger
Offline:
★ Sexual Tyrannosaurus ★
Poster Rank:62
Pelvic Sorcerer

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 6895 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15227
Re: Gym Revokes Membership of Woman Complaining of Man Entering Changerooms

That's pretty gross.

The Following User Says Thank You to PlinyTheYounger For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 03-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Weird ass loser..

Old 03-13-2015, 07:13 AM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
Poster Rank:70
male

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4746 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13434

The Following User Says Thank You to spudigitti For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 03-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9781 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Fucking idiots may as well let pedos into kids changing rooms too if that's their lax attitude to fucking perves doing as they please.
People should boycott the place, the only way to send messages to big business is to takes yours elsewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top Gear For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, Pigeon
The Following 2 Users Disliked Top Gear For This Post:
k_dub, winvens
Old 03-13-2015, 10:50 AM
St. Geno
Offline:
I don't fuck with anyone
Poster Rank:67

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2226 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13787

What's funny about this is that when I heard about this story a week back I had a similar situation shortly after. What I thought to be a woman entered the male locker room at my gym and I was about to tell her she made a mistake. She then turned around and I realized it was a man. I may have lost my membership if I said something

I think transgender people should be allowed in the opposite gender locker room only if they had their full fledged operation already.

It's no one's problem that you feel in your heart you're a different gender and have identity issues.

Anyway, planet fitness is a fucking joke of a gym. They promote this bullshit "it's ok to be out of shape" attitude. It's a gym where out of shape people go to stay out of shape.

BBKF, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, morbid75, pieandsauce, rob666, TheCreeperBEATNGU
Old 03-13-2015, 03:49 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

Planet Fitness better make right on their wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 03-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11716 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

LMAO...So now any man can claim he is in a pre surgery "transgender state mind" and make use of the ladies locker room on a regular basis!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
BBKF, K9Grip, Oswald2001, TheCreeperBEATNGU, Top Gear
Old 03-14-2015, 01:02 AM
GregK
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:313
male

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2473

probably a funny situation.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:23 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

In regards to that Muslim woman's claim, I think the gym made the right decision - long scarves wrapped around your head and neck while using exercise machines or weight sets are a great way to wind up strangled. Especially considering how easily those things can get unraveled during a strenuous workout. That's a matter of safety, not discrimination.
Apart from that, these Planet Fitness goons sound like a bunch of douchebags.

BBKF, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, Oswald2001, rapeWhistle, TheCreeperBEATNGU, Top Gear, winvens