Go Back  

Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin Split: Couple Separate After 11 Years Of Marriage 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 03-26-2014, 05:29 PM
susanmarie79
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:357
Diagnosed Psychopath
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1046 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2084
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin Split: Couple Separate After 11 Years Of Marr

Why would you click on a post you're not interested in?

Old 03-29-2014, 02:49 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
Paltrow Believes Her Life is Harder Than a Peasant Mom Working 9-5

March 28, 2014

By Kaiser
celebitchy.com

You know what I love? I love that all of the media sites – especially the NY outlets – are calling out Vanity Fair and Graydon Carter for not having the brass to pull the trigger on a real Gwyneth Paltrow tell-all. The NYDN says that Vanity Fair did have the scoop on Gwyneth and Chris Martin’s separation and that Gwyneth got Graydon Carter to bury it by whining, basically. Sources say that Chris and Goop have, “had an open relationship for quite some time.” Yep.

Anyway, this interview happened before Gwyneth announced her split, but it looks particularly bad now that Gwyneth will have to deign to rebrand her image as a boldly delightful and richly fun single mother.

Just a week before Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin announced they were separating, the actress opened up to E! News about her plans for the coming year. Paltrow, who just signed on as the new face of natural skin care line Restorsea, revealed that she’s taking some time off to focus on her two children, Apple, 9, and Moses, 7.

“I just finished a movie in January that I was doing at the end of last year in London with Johnny Depp, and then I had two weeks here, and then I did a couple of episodes for Glee for the 100th episode,” she shared with us.

“So I have to go back to mommy…I have a rule about one movie a year, so I can’t shoot anything for a while, but I’m developing some material and working on the site [Goop] and raising kids.”

The 41 year old Hollywood A lister also explained how it’s trickier to maintain her film career now that her children are getting older.

“It’s much harder for me. I feel like I set it up in a way that makes it difficult because…for me, like if I miss a school run, they are like, ‘Where were you?’ I don’t like to be the lead so I don’t [have] to work every day, you know, I have little things that I like and obviously I want it to be good and challenging and interesting and be with good people and that kind of thing.”

She added, “I think it’s different when you have an office job, because it’s routine and, you know, you can do all the stuff in the morning and then you come home in the evening. When you’re shooting a movie, they’re like, ‘We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,’ and then you work 14 hours a day and that part of it is very difficult. I think to have a regular job and be a mom is not as, of course there are challenges, but it’s not like being on set.”

[From E! News]

Yes, she totally said that. Gwyneth Paltrow does not feel, “sorry”, for any of you peasant mothers with your 9-to-5, “jobs” in some kind of ,“office.” At least you get to keep an orderly schedule! Pity poor Gwyneth, she has to go to WISCONSIN for two weeks and then the rest of the year she just needs to recuperate in one of her five mansions while two nannies attend to the children and her personal chef makes her a cabbage smoothie for her tenth juice fast of the year. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW SHE STRUGGLES.

Dame Gwyneth wishes she had the luxury of just staying in one place and making “minimum wage” (“What IS this ‘minimum wage’ people keep speaking of?” Gwyneth wondered. “Does it have something to do with hedge funds?”), at some sort of food distribution establishment. She wishes she was that lucky! Instead she has to fly to Wisconsin, for goodness sake, and then to New York for a photo shoot, (ugh, how draining), and then to London for a party, (another party, how gauche), and then to Paris for a fitting, (the worst!), and then back to LA for an awards show, (so exhausting).

And then when Gwyneth chooses to work, it’s always so dreadful… so many assistants bringing her water and coffee and so many people doing her hair and makeup and then they expect her to, like, stand in proper lighting and say some words. It’s truly dreadful. You have absolutely no idea how exhausting the whole process is.

I thought the moms would enjoy this, if you missed it on tv.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Saw this on the cards

Old 03-29-2014, 04:04 PM
susanmarie79
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Diagnosed Psychopath

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2084

They've been the butt of the blind stories on gossip sites for well over a year now with this. By the way did anyone see the open letter a regular mother wrote to Gwyneth the other day after her comment about it being so hard for her to be a mother? I'll post it if anyone's interested. Won't bother if just going to get the who cares comments again.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:11 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmarie79 View Post
They've been the butt of the blind stories on gossip sites for well over a year now with this. By the way did anyone see the open letter a regular mother wrote to Gwyneth the other day after her comment about it being so hard for her to be a mother? I'll post it if anyone's interested. Won't bother if just going to get the who cares comments again.
I read a few of them posted after the article I posted. One of our news anchors even encouraged moms to comment and I don't think she has any children.

It's up to you. Post what you want.

Honestly, I don't think many people would be interested. You might post a link for those who are interested.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:11 PM
susanmarie79
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Diagnosed Psychopath

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2084

Dear Gwyneth,
I really enjoyed your recent comments to E! about how easy an office job is for parents, compared to the grueling circumstances of being on a movie set. “I think it’s different when you have an office job, because it’s routine and, you know, you can do all the stuff in the morning and then you come home in the evening,” you said. “When you’re shooting a movie, they’re like, ‘We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,’ and then you work 14 hours a day, and that part of it is very difficult. I think to have a regular job and be a mom is not as, of course there are challenges, but it’s not like being on set.”
As a mother of a toddler, I couldn’t agree more!
“Thank God I don’t make millions filming one movie per year” is what I say to myself pretty much every morning as I wait on a windy Metro-North platform, about to begin my 45-minute commute into the city. Whenever things get rough, all I have to do is keep reminding myself of that fact. It is my mantra.
And I know all my fellow working-mom friends feel the same. Am I right, ladies?

We’re always gabbing about how easy it is to balance work and home life. Whenever I meet with them at one of our weekly get-togethers — a breeze to schedule, because reliable baby sitters often roam my neighborhood in packs, holding up signs peddling their services — we have a competition to see who has it easier. Is it the female breadwinners who work around the clock to make sure their mortgages get paid, lying awake at night, wracked with anxiety over the idea of losing their jobs? Or is it the mothers who get mommy-tracked and denied promotions? What about the moms with “regular” 9-to-5 jobs, who are penalized when their kids are sick and they don’t have backup child care?
Those women are living the dream, I tell you!
Which reminds me, child care. As you know, Gwynnie, having a staff can be a real drag. It’s so hard to find good help these days! That’s why it’s a good thing there’s all this nationally subsidized, high-quality day care lying around for the taking. It just makes things easier knowing you have such a strong support network and don’t have to pay someone anywhere from $30K to $65K annually to take care of your child full-time.

You mentioned in your E! interview that when someone has an office job, “You know you can do all the stuff in the morning,” and that hit the nail on the head. As someone with an office job, my mornings are obviously pretty leisurely. Sometimes I even have time to drink half of my coffee before it gets cold! After my 6 a.m. wake-up, I have a lot of time to loll around, hopping in the shower and then throwing makeup on my face, hoping that I’ll have enough time to put my tights on before my son starts crying in his crib. Then, when he does start crying, I have to make the decision: Do I get fully dressed, or do I go tend to him with my hair still dripping wet? Talk about being spoilt for choice!
Then I have a few Bellinis and adjust my 401(k) contributions.
After I get home from work, I’m full of energy and ready to cook dinner using one of the recipes you post on your lifestyle Web site, Goop: slow-cooked kale, pancetta and bread crumbs, anyone? After that, I’ll go to yoga, spend a few hours meditating and maybe do some online shopping, picking up a pair of $350 white leopard-printed short-shorts via Goop in preparation for the “spring break” I’ll take with my husband and son.

If there’s one thing I look good in after having a child, it’s short-shorts.
So, Gwyneth, you’ve figured out the secret of working parents everywhere: Livin’ la vida desk job is a breeze compared to the 14-hour days of a film set. Fourteen hours? Who in New York — especially those in the finance, law and tech professions — could possibly work 14 whole hours?
Luckily, those 9-to-5 “ordinary job” hours grow on trees here.
And if you lose one, all you have to do is find another.
Yours,
Mackenzie

Source

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to susanmarie79 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, icheerthebull
Old 03-31-2014, 07:35 PM
luton loyal
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:115

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8705

I want to lick her vagina

Old 03-31-2014, 07:42 PM
divreaper
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:412
male

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1719

I just hope there child apple,don't crumble

Old 03-31-2014, 09:53 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

i love being reassured havin a buncha money wont buy me happiness

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple
Old 04-01-2014, 02:43 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by divreaper View Post
I just hope there child apple,don't crumble
Did they really name their kid apple??

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin