Quoted: 8124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 11/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss17005
Re: Guantanamo Bay is the World's Most Expensive Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana-Banana View Post
I nuked this place in my sleep last week.
Yeah, I hate them too

Maybe just shoot them instead?

The Following User Says Thank You to Zambini For This Useful Post:
K9Grip
Old 08-03-2013, 04:19 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
And that is relevant because?!
Because like G'bay they were held without trial or charge would be the point. Although the maze did fall under law and the imprisonment without trial was legal under british law at the time so the point maybe a bit off. The whole world with the exception of a few eagerly awaits the day when the men and women behind such injustice stand trial (including all the politicians that voted for the illegal war). Even if they dont and even if none of us live to see the day, history will not absolve these people. For the record nor will it absolve fascist islamists who behead women and bomb markets for a cause just as evil as the coalitions war for profit.

You can tell a lot about someone when they justify the cost of G'bay under a cloak of nationalism then those same people are millitantly against free health care/benifits/workers rights for they citizens of the very country the claim to love

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
rob666, Zambini
Old 08-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Lana-Banana
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:189
Artful Dodger

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3831 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

The point was off and why is Gitmo still open and the likes of Bush and his comerades who organised this illegal war not in there with them?

Old 08-03-2013, 04:51 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
The point was off and why is Gitmo still open and the likes of Bush and his comerades who organised this illegal war not in there with them?
oh I agree 100% in fact by their own standards bush and blair should end up swinging like sadam

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 08-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Lana-Banana
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:189
Artful Dodger

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3831 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
oh I agree 100% in fact by their own standards bush and blair should end up swinging like sadam
Yes and I agree with you that wasting all that cash on Gitmo residents and the endeavours that go with that - it should benefit the infrastructure of America and the people that live there.

Why are British and American soldiers losing lives over lies of Politicians who could care less?

I say bring in a President like that guy in charge of Uruguay. He gives away 90% of his salary to his own people every month

And I think weed is legal too.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:27 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Whoever is more powerful decides what is just, right or wrong has nothing to do with it unfortunately.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, Lana-Banana
Old 08-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 11/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss17005

Quote:
Bad people started blowing up ships, flying airplanes into buildings, bombing subway trains...

Old 08-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Zambini
Offline:

Activity Longevity
9/20 11/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss17005

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Whoever is more powerful decides what is just, right or wrong has nothing to do with it unfortunately.
What's worse, to me anyway, is that the nazis did everything legally to the Jews (and other enemies ) little by little, over time, they changed the laws so they could take their property and finally even their lives, all done openly through the courts.

All this secret stuff and data mining bothers me.

Who will guard the guards?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zambini For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, pyromancer555
Old 08-03-2013, 11:06 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
What's worse, to me anyway, is that the nazis did everything legally to the Jews (and other enemies ) little by little, over time, they changed the laws so they could take their property and finally even their lives, all done openly through the courts.

All this secret stuff and data mining bothers me.

Who will guard the guards?
I couldn't possibly agree with you more about this.

From what I know about the rise of Nazi Germany a lot of it was done under the pretext of National Security and rule of law.

I used to wonder why all of the Germans were cheering Hitler in his speeches, I'd wonder why they didn't know that he was a bad man. I guess when your a kid you tend to see things in a black and white, right and wrong world.
After 9/11 happened and the propaganda machine got rolling, I understood the power of the media and that our Governments are not above lying to us in order to fulfill their agenda. All of this trampling of our rights and laws in the name of security could turn really shitty really quickly, particularly if another major attack happens.

I've read that the Bush Administration was going to declare martial law if another attack had occurred, I wonder if that option is still on the table now? I'd bet that it is.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Zambini
Offline:

Activity Longevity
9/20 11/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss17005

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
I couldn't possibly agree with you more about this.

From what I know about the rise of Nazi Germany a lot of it was done under the pretext of National Security and rule of law.

I used to wonder why all of the Germans were cheering Hitler in his speeches, I'd wonder why they didn't know that he was a bad man. I guess when your a kid you tend to see things in a black and white, right and wrong world.
After 9/11 happened and the propaganda machine got rolling, I understood the power of the media and that our Governments are not above lying to us in order to fulfill their agenda. All of this trampling of our rights and laws in the name of security could turn really shitty really quickly, particularly if another major attack happens.

I've read that the Bush Administration was going to declare martial law if another attack had occurred, I wonder if that option is still on the table now? I'd bet that it is.
Hitler got people working again, brought national pride back to a defeated people, they loved him for it, so much so they overlooked the fact that he shot his way into power and had very talented thugs and propagandist working for him.

The nazis disarmed the population under the guise of national security, everything done incrementally so that by the time the frogs knew the water was boiling it was too late...

That's one reason i'm so pro 2nd amendment, it protects all the other bill of rights.

Don't kid yourself, every government is ready to declare martial law in an instant, they are always ready to consolidate their power.