Go Back  

Group Home Worker Arrested for Assault After Whipping and Dragging Patient by Hair 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 07-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Cumulonimbus
Offline:
Meh
Poster Rank:262

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3156
Group Home Worker Arrested for Assault After Whipping and Dragging Patient by Hair

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep_1532"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&contentId=us/2012/07/12/early-connecticut-group-home-video.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&contentId=us/2012/07/12/early-connecticut-group-home-video.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

Quote:
Police say a Connecticut group home employee has been arrested after a video surfaced that shows her abusing a patient, dragging the woman by her hair and whipping her with a belt.

Angelica Rivera, 34, admitted she was the attacker in the video and turned herself in to East Hartford police Thursday, authorities said Friday.

She faces felony charges of unlawful restraint, cruelty and bias intimidation, and is expected to appear in court in Manchester, Connecticut, on August 1.

Rivera, who has since been released on $25,000 bond, is also charged with assault, abuse and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.

It is not clear who shot the video, and Rivera could not be immediately reached for comment.

On Tuesday, East Hartford police say, they received a suspicious act complaint from Options Unlimited Inc., the privately held nonprofit that operates the home, about a video it received.

The DVD was titled "The Perfect Employee" and sent to the operator of the home, authorities and a local television station, which prompted an investigation, police said Friday.

On Wednesday, detectives found and questioned Rivera, who then admitted to the abuse, they added. A day later, police say, they obtained an arrest warrant, which prompted the woman to turn herself in.

Options Unlimited responded earlier to the scandal, saying: "We are deeply saddened and appalled by this incident. As soon as we became aware of it, we took prompt action and placed the employee on unpaid administrative leave."

Terrence W. Macy, commissioner of Connecticut's Department of Developmental Services, said he was also outraged by the video.

"Why would one human being do this to any other human being?" he asked. "This is a person who requires a lot of support, bathing and assistance eating," he told CNN affiliate WFSB.

WFSB's reporting went on to say that state officials have examined other residents in the East Hartford group home but "found no bruises or other signs of recent abuse."

Macy confirmed that Rivera is no longer working at the group home and has been put on administrative leave without pay.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/us/con...est/index.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cumulonimbus For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Bastet, diamondsmiles, kellyhound
Old 07-14-2012, 12:45 PM
juliemd
Offline:
Hey, Ass-butt!
Poster Rank:376
female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1921
Re: Group Home Worker Arrested for Assault After Whipping and Dragging Patient by Hai

administrative leave? pfft fuck that fire her ass and be done with it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juliemd For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Cumulonimbus, diamondsmiles, kellyhound
Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 PM
PoetsOfTheFall
Offline:
℃я@їℊ‷﹩**ℓ☺ ♥℮
Poster Rank:54
female

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 6577 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16633
Re: Group Home Worker Arrested for Assault After Whipping and Dragging Patient by Hai

Sick bitch

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoetsOfTheFall For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Cumulonimbus, diamondsmiles
Old 07-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

If this bitch, or anyone else, abused a family member of mine who had to be hospitalized for whatever reason, I would have a seriously hard time controlling myself physically toward them.

Know what I mean?

Arsedestroyer, Cumulonimbus, diamondsmiles, kellyhound, luciddrmr
Old 07-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Rachee
Offline:
Southern Belle
Poster Rank:504
goes off half cocked

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1257

I just wanna whip her with a tire iron

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rachee For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Cumulonimbus, diamondsmiles, luciddrmr
Old 07-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Assault of a vulnerable person is a misdemeanor? yea I am sure the victim would think differently.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Azimuth, banana dick, Bastet, Cumulonimbus, diamondsmiles, kellyhound, luciddrmr, Shawna
Old 07-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Muertaluna
Offline:
01101000 01101001
Poster Rank:925

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss483

what a fucking cunt bag!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muertaluna For This Useful Post:
Cumulonimbus, diamondsmiles
Old 07-15-2012, 05:39 AM
PinkFG2_K20
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:966
Female

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss457

Disgusting! That is all I can say..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkFG2_K20 For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Cumulonimbus, diamondsmiles
Old 07-15-2012, 05:00 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

This is right up there with child abuse in my book! I hated the place one of my brothers put my father in to die! Horrid place! I yelled at the nurse to turn the A/C on and give him something for his fever, even though he was out of it by this time.

When they sent bills, I'd send them back with a note, "Surely you jest! That is not the way to treat humans."

I don't know why people get these jobs if they hate people!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, Cumulonimbus
Old 07-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Cumulonimbus
Offline:
Meh
Poster Rank:262

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3156

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
I don't know why people get these jobs if they hate people!
So they can expend all of their hate and anger on people who are too weak or confused to fight back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cumulonimbus For This Useful Post:
Bastet, Stevee