Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss126
Global Media Promotes Syrian 'Activist' Begging For Military Invasion

<****** width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SO2e-lnCUmY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******> The global mainstream media is feverishly creating a poster child for the planned invasion of Syria, by affording a British citizen who claims to be a Syrian “activist” endless air time during which he constantly begs for a U.S., Israeli or NATO-backed bombing campaign to depose President Bashar Assad.

Given the title ‘Syria Danny’ – full name Danny Abdul Dayem – this British citizen of Syrian descent has been featured repeatedly by the likes of CNN, BBC and Sky News in segments that amount to mini-documentaries more than news items. In the segments, Danny repeats the same talking points about how the Syrian people are in desperate need of a UN, U.S. or NATO-backed invasion in order to prevent further bloodshed.

The corporate media has featured Danny’s interviews and You Tube videos, in which he shows dead bodies of Syrians allegedly killed by Assad’s forces, with very little if any qualification, largely presenting Danny’s unsubstantiated claims as gospel truth.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Pig_fucker:
slash4321
Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Pig_fucker
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2235
Male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss126
Re: Global Media Promotes Syrian 'Activist' Begging For Military Invasion

Fucking fuckers!

Old 02-14-2012, 09:35 AM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss3660

Gospel truth?

Are we on the same fucking planet here OP or are you just a typical head-in-the-sand idiot?

Videos on DR show what Syrians are going through and I dont think he makes things up just to stoke up raw emotion. They have armoured vehicles, snipers and artillery firing on them all day every day.

Satelite pictures and videos from the frontline confirm this.

So again, whats wrong if the media gets someone on a soapbox to try and highlight concern for this situation?

I despise the casual attitude which has been afforded to this situation and the lack of action.

It is a US election year so its a no-go there. The UN wont do anything and the Arab league certainly wont lift a finger. The Uk has no air superiority it could lay down so we're out of the running.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
slash4321, UOPMAN
The Following Users Disliked This Post By ices:
Pig_fucker
Old 02-14-2012, 01:00 PM
slash4321
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1446
Male

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss244

You seem to be dismissing the overwhelming evidence of atrocities being committed by the Syrian Government.

Take for example the Arab League's attempt to bring ceasefire on Government forces killing protesters. This quickly broke down, and Government forces continued the killing of protesters; around 250 in the space of a week or so.

I quote an Arab League observer, Anwar Malek, "I saw a humanitarian disaster. The regime isn't committing one war crime but a series of crimes against its people... Children are killed and they are starved and terrorised."

So, do you propose that the media just don't show 'Danny's' videos; of course the very same people condemning the media for 'creating a poster child', would be complaining that it is censorship if they didn't!

Don't forget that most 24 hour news outlets repeat the news every 15 minutes anyway (sky news!), which although is at times absurd, what more would you expect?

The Following Users Disliked This Post By slash4321:
Pig_fucker