Go Back  

Girl, 12, is CLEARED of Murder After She Shot Her Father with His Gun As He Slept. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 02-08-2012, 06:18 PM
BryanXavier
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4792 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss12964
Re: Girl, 12, is CLEARED of Murder After She Shot Her Father with His Gun As He Slept

The reporter should did want the reader to feel uneasy about this verdict. Reading between the lines it would seem there was not a whole helluva lot of evidence for abuse/molestation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BryanXavier For This Useful Post:
Amy, bigmikeymike, Brainplague, SeaGrave
Old 02-09-2012, 04:22 AM
bigmikeymike
Offline:
To infinity and beyond!
Poster Rank:537
Weener

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140
Re: Girl, 12, is CLEARED of Murder After She Shot Her Father with His Gun As He Slept

so, this sets the precedent so that any kid who claims abuse or fear for their lives can kill their parents?

Its unfortunate "if" she was "abused". But there are other ways to solve this problem. Murder isn't the only way. How about talking to teacher, or principle?

This is truly reality skewed to its worst.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigmikeymike For This Useful Post:
Amy, Brainplague, Creepy, SeaGrave
Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 AM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:73
A chick.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy View Post
what next? my best friend abused me by looking at my boyfriend so i stabbed her 2994 times?
That is quite a stretch from a father raping and choking his daughter.
BUT, the "abuse excuse" is used too many times for the wrong reasons.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:
SeaGrave
Old 02-11-2012, 01:23 AM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
A chick.

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy. View Post
Totally agree and I was curious about what others would think. Been sitting here all night reading up on cases and so many break my heart. Im just unsure about this and feel horrible for doubting a child but I just dont know.
Amy, if you went to ALL the sites where children lost their lives to their parents, your good heart will never be healed fast. It will break. You are a wonderful person, and I have looked at a few sites about child abuse and there was one about non-custodial kidnapping that ended in suicides and murders, and then just murders. I'm not saying you are too softhearted, but the content of those sites would make me cry till I hyperventilated.

Amy
Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 AM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
A chick.

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikeymike View Post
so, this sets the precedent so that any kid who claims abuse or fear for their lives can kill their parents?

Its unfortunate "if" she was "abused". But there are other ways to solve this problem. Murder isn't the only way. How about talking to teacher, or principle?

This is truly reality skewed to its worst.
It took me over 30 years to discuss the abuse, and the abusers.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:17 PM
bigmikeymike
Offline:
To infinity and beyond!
Poster Rank:537
Weener

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMarieGK View Post
It took me over 30 years to discuss the abuse, and the abusers.
And that was your choice. Sure it's unfortunate you had to hold it in that long, but you chose to. Just like it was this girls choice to kill her dad.

She didn't have to. She CHOSE to. She should go to prison just like any other murderer.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMarieGK View Post
Amy, if you went to ALL the sites where children lost their lives to their parents, your good heart will never be healed fast. It will break. You are a wonderful person, and I have looked at a few sites about child abuse and there was one about non-custodial kidnapping that ended in suicides and murders, and then just murders. I'm not saying you are too softhearted, but the content of those sites would make me cry till I hyperventilated.
This is one of the organizations I do work with. I post these stories about kids, not because I am obsessed with it, but because it is part of my actual job and I want people to see how big of an issue this really is. Awareness is a huge step in fixing the issue.

http://www.dreamcatchersforabusedchildren.com

I get a lot of the stories I post here from there. Then I read the cases I get personally and it would blow your mind. Really is no surprise I have nightmares.

Brainplague, DeeMarieGK
Old 02-13-2012, 01:03 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
A chick.

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

oops, wrong post to quote. I meant to quote Amy's post about the dreamcatchers site.
Sorry for the late reply! That is awesome what you do. I help my mom w/ the doe network. That right there is tedious just trying to id just one sketch that calls your name! It is sad, BUT we are going on 500 volunteers and so far the more people that volunteer, the more people are identified and brought home. I do believe that a main majority of the people have been reported missing. And we try our hardest to make a match.
http://www.doenetwork.org/

Amy
Old 02-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
9/11 ssss51372

Yes, these cases are full of question and confusion

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Amy
Old 02-13-2012, 08:09 PM
DeeMarieGK
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
A chick.

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12915

What pisses me off on some of the cases, they will find decomposing bodies and have plenty of DNA, dentals, everything. There are some bodies on there that were found while the body was warm and do not have any DNA, nothing! It seemed like the ME did not care enough, it does not make any fucking sense.

Amy