Go Back  

Girl, 12, is CLEARED of Murder After She Shot Her Father with His Gun As He Slept. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 02-08-2012, 04:31 AM
Creepy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss
Re: Girl, 12, is CLEARED of Murder After She Shot Her Father with His Gun As He Slept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy. View Post
Scary thought that kids are getting upset at parents and firing away. I wonder how often this has occurred in other times and if it isnt just that the media is finally covering these with the aide of the internet to get every case some recognition? A part of me feels as though it is due to some kind of parental/ child alienation that is happening now, where the bond just isnt what it used to be due to decreased one on one time. I know that may sound silly but when parents and children only have minimal actual interaction, it does strange things to the bond.
right. i talked about this recently :D. weird little synchronistic things in life.

as a product of what i call the "latch key generation", i totally relate to what you are saying.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Amy
Old 02-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Creepy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss
Re: Girl, 12, is CLEARED of Murder After She Shot Her Father with His Gun As He Slept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy. View Post
Well if it were prolonged abuse the child should have displayed some kind of outer signals to relatives and teachers. Even if nothing had been followed up on there still should have been many suspicious people come forward.
we are totally on the same page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Amy, SeaGrave
Old 02-08-2012, 04:34 AM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

Well I feel better seeing that I am not the only one raising my brow.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:35 AM
SeaGrave
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:597
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss953

What the fuck? Who cares what her motives were. Unless her life was in immediate danger, she had no right to kill him. She should have notified the police. If she was abused, they would've given her a place to stay.
Not that the guy wasn't a scumbag, if he truly sexually assaulted her.. then he'd be better off dead anyway

The Following User Says Thank You to SeaGrave For This Useful Post:
bigmikeymike
Old 02-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

I cant agree to the fact that there is never an excuse. Prolonged sexual or physical abuse will do much damage to ones ability to rationalize. It also damages them emotionally. An abused wife that finally shoots her husband one night is doing what she sees is the only thing that will save her life. They have real and valid fear that if they go to the police or for help that they will not be helped and then the abuser might possibly kill them for the attempt. Actual abuse is nothing to scoff at or underestimate. It is emotionally and physically crippling to some victims.

Brainplague
Old 02-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy View Post
what triggers me is the no prior reports of abuse.
Yeah, that's the part that stuck with me as well. How can the jury know that she was telling the truth? She is the only one still alive that knows for sure.
I think she should have been charged.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Amy, Creepy
Old 02-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

If he really did abuse her, then good for her.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Amy
Old 02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
luton loyal
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:115

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8702

not sure about this

The Following User Says Thank You to luton loyal For This Useful Post:
Amy
Old 02-08-2012, 01:55 PM
kayo brizzle
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:451
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1437

Sad story either way. You have to be pretty upset to shoot someone, I give the girl the benefit of the doubt. Sexual abuse is no joke.

The Following User Says Thank You to kayo brizzle For This Useful Post:
Amy
Old 02-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Brainplague
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:246
Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3529

1st case: Girl's attorneys insisted she was subjected to years of sexual abuse. OK, where was the proof? As a juror on that case, I'd need to see documented proof of abuse before I'd aquit her.

On the 2nd case, where the 8 yo shot his parents...something more going on here. I don't think that this boy's learning to hunt had anything to do with the fact he killed his parents.

Amy, bigmikeymike, Creepy