#11  
Old 09-10-2011, 02:51 AM
dan-b's Avatar
dan-b
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:207
Join Date: Jul 2009
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4223
Re: Getting Bin Laden

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoottokill View Post
That's a little far fetched, don't u think? A Pakistan citizen assassinating Obama, and you trying to compare it to SEAL team 6 killing Bin Laden. Uuumm, no logical connection there whatsoever.
You've missed the point completely. The likelihood of the event is irrelevant, do you deem that a proper response?

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-2011, 10:25 AM
vnathan's Avatar
vnathan
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:56458
8=====>
Join Date: Oct 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss0
Re: Getting Bin Laden

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoottokill View Post
you say "Shouldn't Bin Laden have been captured alive and put on trial?" It wasn't a capture mission in the first place, but had he immediately signaled to surrender as the story states, then he would have been taken in alive. A fortified compound with unknown factors, such as personnel counts, and weapons, and of course security, along with bin laden means this is not a capture mission.

You say "He was buried at sea so nobody would find out what happened to him." Everyone knows what happened to him. Its common public knowledge that the infomation released, whether or not it was the truth, shows what happened; that he was shot and killed.

Why is the U.S. carrying out state sponsored assassinations? Well, it's good publicity, and brings a warm fuzzy feeling to Americans knowing that a leading terrorist is dead, for a start.
Aren't special forces trained to disarm enemies?
Your account just adds more doubt to this whole thing.

Bin Laden died in 2006 and it was acknowledged by Benazir Bhutto.

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-10-2011, 04:24 PM
dan-b's Avatar
dan-b
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:207
Join Date: Jul 2009
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4223
Re: Getting Bin Laden

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnathan View Post
Aren't special forces trained to disarm enemies?
Your account just adds more doubt to this whole thing.

Bin Laden died in 2006 and it was acknowledged by Benazir Bhutto.
Nope, she spoke about him in the context of being alive after that Frost interview. She obviously meant to say 'murdered Daniel Pearl', which makes more sense when you think about it.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-10-2011, 04:46 PM
vnathan's Avatar
vnathan
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:56458
8=====>
Join Date: Oct 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss0
Re: Getting Bin Laden

I know that, but why did Bin Laden occur in her mind at that moment? Things become more complicated with her assassination in the following year.

If the US Navy seals killed Osama as western media 'claims' why in fucks name did they throw the most costliest evidence of the so-called 'greatest man-hunt in the world' into the SEA?

Osama bin Laden has died 9 times. I think the US needed a morale boost by faking the death of this scapegoat in a more believable way.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-10-2011, 04:53 PM
dan-b's Avatar
dan-b
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:207
Join Date: Jul 2009
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4223
Re: Getting Bin Laden

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnathan View Post
I know that, but why did Bin Laden occur in her mind at that moment? Things become more complicated with her assassination in the following year.

If the US Navy seals killed Osama as western media 'claims' why in fucks name did they throw the most costliest evidence of the so-called 'greatest man-hunt in the world' into the SEA?

Osama bin Laden has died 9 times. I think the US needed a morale boost by faking the death of this scapegoat in a more believable way.
<****** width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2IIn_UnLO9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></******>

I think they dumped his body in the sea because they didn't want anyone to find out what happened to him and the Saudis didn't want to take it. Surely the more pressing question is: why is America carrying out state sponsored assassination?

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-10-2011, 05:29 PM
VaBusa's Avatar
VaBusa
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1903
Female
Join Date: Jul 2011
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss161
Re: Getting Bin Laden

I hope he's being held in the belly of a ship and being fed roaches and urine for a while until he feels like telling us everything he knows

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VaBusa For This Useful Post:
smackem
  #17  
Old 09-10-2011, 05:53 PM
smackem's Avatar
smackem
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:6
Io ti amo teneramente Kelly Jo
Join Date: Mar 2009
 
Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Quoted: 10285 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss69186
Re: Getting Bin Laden

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBusa View Post
I hope he's being held in the belly of a ship and being fed roaches and urine for a while until he feels like telling us everything he knows
Brutal! I like!

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-10-2011, 08:15 PM
shoottokill's Avatar
shoottokill
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:208
roneluv
Join Date: Sep 2009
 
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4220
Re: Getting Bin Laden

why is America carrying out state sponsored assassination?[/QUOTE]

Because they can, and you know this already. A decision is made amongst the higher echelons of US government, with Obama approving it. It's plain and simple. Obviously they are going to target him because of his current background in terrorism. Whats the point in capturing him? Gaining valuable intelligence information on a number of things, and showing the world, including the base of supporters that this spiritual and operational leader of Al-Qaeda has, is now in the hands of Americans. But, i guess a more precise thing was done in assassinating him.

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-12-2011, 02:09 AM
Xfactor's Avatar
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Join Date: May 2009
Contributions: 4
 
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10960
Re: Getting Bin Laden

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
I too have a few problems with the story.
Why not release the photos? Why the secrecy? So far I have seen only one photo of the body and it is a photoshop.
And the reason to dump it at sea seems pathetically weak.
Also why no head cams? That just seems wrong.
And with all the back up and contingencies for this mission why the next seal mission is so poorly conducted and seems almost like a suicide march into an ambush? Still some nasty holes in the story.
And how did they get DNA so quick? That's not even plausible.
DNA was taken from bin ladens family. They were in the US on 911. They volunteered it

__________________
In this horrendous hath? Drowned in her hole.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 PM
dan-b's Avatar
dan-b
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:207
Join Date: Jul 2009
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4223
Re: Getting Bin Laden

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoottokill View Post
Because they can, and you know this already. A decision is made amongst the higher echelons of US government, with Obama approving it. It's plain and simple. Obviously they are going to target him because of his current background in terrorism. Whats the point in capturing him? Gaining valuable intelligence information on a number of things, and showing the world, including the base of supporters that this spiritual and operational leader of Al-Qaeda has, is now in the hands of Americans. But, i guess a more precise thing was done in assassinating him.
But does that mean they should?

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO