Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2120
Re: Germany Launches First Holocaust Professorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubenesis View Post
So, I am aware that the the vast majority of people killed were Jews but they weren't the only people subject to genocide at that time. Why is there never any mention of anyone killed but the Jews?
There is plenty of mention of the other groups of people singled out by Hitler. But maybe you were just to busy wacking off in History class. Homosexuals, the Mentally handicapped and even people of African descant. Not to mention Christians and the Polish. People from the Ukraine, Russia, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, France, and Holland we're all affected by the Nazis.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:23 PM
Arkoquisa
Offline:
King of East Texas
Poster Rank:272
XY
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 724 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3066

The history of any nation and any peoples cannot be summed up in 13 years.

As bad as it sounds, if one is to assign only one group to the idea of a holocaust or slavery, many more examples but those are the two best, only says others are not allowed to have experienced the same level miserable treatment and genocide.

Between 1900 and 1994, some 83 million people died in some sort of holocaust, and slavery, has never ended and simply buying a cell phone today plays far more of a direct a role in subjecting people to unimaginable misery than anyone flying a confederate battle flag. One can have their cake and it it too I guess. Feels good to tell someone to not fly a piece of cloth, only to feel superior and more sympathetic to those who have faced adversity, yet buys a new electronic whenever available. Thus why I have only bought 1 cellphone in my life, and for my job only, all other phones, I got as used phones from friends.

People can say I am an asshole for posting this, but I cannot say any group of oppressed people deserve to take a title, let alone say they faced the worst, or were ethnically cleansed more than another group when nobody compares any other events of genocide.

Please go read Bartolome de las Casas, and witness another holocaust, that was far worse than anything that happened in ww2, and then say who deserves the title. Even then, one can easily name any number of other events to weigh into the matter.

Humans are sick, but just as no group deserves to take the name to itself of being the most oppressed, no group of people all think the same, and no group should always be blamed in perpetuity for events that happened long before they were born. Nobody gets to choose who they are when they come into this world.

I'm willing to bet that the worst events of human butchery occurred long before our written history. So does that makes those lives lost, that we can never know about, any less of a human tragedy?

Thus why I prefer to read books. The only people worth meeting are long dead and romanticized in ways that any actual contact would destroy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arkoquisa For This Useful Post:
TheVrist
Old 07-31-2015, 04:16 PM
Johnny Wadd
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:380
Male

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1903

Old 07-31-2015, 06:55 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjojackson View Post
There is plenty of mention of the other groups of people singled out by Hitler. But maybe you were just to busy wacking off in History class. Homosexuals, the Mentally handicapped and even people of African descant. Not to mention Christians and the Polish. People from the Ukraine, Russia, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, France, and Holland we're all affected by the Nazis.
could have done without the insult about history class but aside from that I agree 100%. I was very aware of the other victims of the 'holocaust' like gypsys, gays, the mentally ill, when I was a kid.

On this subject the one thing I can say that is of any significance, that I have said before here, is that myself and a lot of people here have lived through a drastic change with regard to mass murder and genocide and that is this.....

Kids now dont hear the slogan 'never again'. The slogan now is 'never forget'. It happened again and will happen again

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin