Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
German Fashion Designer Makes Shoes from Real Hooves and Dead Animals

Quote:
Made by 45 year old German designer Iris Shieferstein, the footwear is actually created from body parts of dead animals. She uses horse hooves and skin, snake skin and even whole dead birds as decorations.
Doubt there are a lot of people out there willing to walk around with a pair of stuffed birds on their feet, but that isn’t stopping 45-year-old Iris Shieferstein from using all sorts of dead animal parts to make unique shoes. She agrees her
creations aren’t exactly as comfortable as trainers, but she still wears them around the house. The designer says that her footwear is mainly meant for ‘aesthetic pleasure’. The animal shoes have been displayed at exhibitions around the world and Dolce & Gabanna have even created a range based on her designs. But so far, no company has had the courage to produce them for the general public.

To create her unique style of footwear, Iris begins by collecting dead animal parts from her butcher. This isn’t very tough, she says, since her butcher actually uses horse meat in sausages, which is not uncommon in Germany. I have no idea where she gets the doves and snakes, but I’m not hoping it’s not from the same butcher. Once she has the carcasses, it takes her a week to strip off meat and bones from the animal’s feet. The skin needs to be preserved, so it’s sent to the tanner. The next step for Iris is to set the fur skin around the model of a shoe. If she’s using horse parts, the hoof is used as a sole. After several months of rearranging and sewing, the finished product is ready for display.

Some of Iris’s notable collections include a pair made from a chestnut steed with no heels so the person wearing them needs to balance on their toes, another pair made from cream horse fur with bone used for the heel and a zip up front, and also the stuffed dove shoes – in which the wearer needs to slide their toes between the bird’s legs. While some might find this really weird, Iris is pretty excited about her footwear creations. “When I’ve got the dove shoes on that are made from real birds, I feel like I’m flying,” she says.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Iris-Shieferstein-shoes.jpg  

Iris-Shieferstein-shoes2.jpg  

Iris-Shieferstein-shoes3-550x310.jpg  

Iris-Shieferstein-shoes4.jpg  

Iris-Shieferstein-shoes5-550x550.jpg  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Dragonlady66, kellyhound
Old 02-23-2012, 05:01 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss61206
Re: German Fashion Designer Makes Shoes from Real Hooves and Dead Animals

that's some weird shit lol

Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

We have a woman in Philadelphia, who started out stuffing birds and making hats out of dead animals. One of her first items was a raccoon tail hat with a sun visor. She was asked to make two more for people and so it goes...

She was just featured on fyi, (which is a tv show which profiles people, places and things in this general area), last Saturday and Sunday, if you want to check her out at fyi.com. I'm sorry I didn't get her name.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:21 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

I bet those hooves are great for kicking people, if the occasion doesn't call for steel toe shoes!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:49 PM
HairyGrape
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:66
Tuna Trench
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 5854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14285

Where is PETA? Up their ass any minute i'm sure.