Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812
Georgians Protest Against Russia-Abkhazia Agreement

Had a feeling something like this would happen; talk about a domino effect. Im posting the link as the article itself has images and a video embedded into it, its from the BBC so its totally safe

Excerpt:

Quote:
Tens of thousands of Georgians have rallied in the capital Tbilisi against a planned agreement between Russia and Georgia's breakaway Abkhazia region.

The deal would create joint Russian and Abkhazian military forces.

Saturday's protest was organised by Georgia's main opposition party, the United National Movement.

Abkhazia declared independence in 1999 following a separatist war. In 2008, Russia formally recognised the province's autonomy.

Demonstrators, who believe Russia is taking steps to annex Abkhazia, carried Georgian and EU flags and chanted "stop Russia" and "stop Putin".

Others waved Ukraine flags, a reminder of Russia's decision to takeover Crimea and support separatist rebels in Ukraine's east.
Source:

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
_79054692_024742632-1.jpg  

Old 11-16-2014, 07:07 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675
Re: Georgians Protest Against Russia-Abkhazia Agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Had a feeling something like this would happen; talk about a domino effect. Im posting the link as the article itself has images and a video embedded into it, its from the BBC so its totally safe
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30071915
Good article.

The main news outlets haven't been covering the situation a whole lot. A lot going on with Russia and China for that matter, they both are attempting to gain influence and strategic positions. Growing their militaries, and building war machines.

While we're cutting our military.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:23 PM
cubenesis
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3243

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss67

The US is cutting their military spending on the books. I have no doubt they are still advancing their military powers, just not on paper. It is a good strategic move to look like they are cutting whilst their enemies are increasing. Sort of like a trojan horse.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:20 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubenesis View Post
The US is cutting their military spending on the books. I have no doubt they are still advancing their military powers, just not on paper. It is a good strategic move to look like they are cutting whilst their enemies are increasing. Sort of like a trojan horse.
I don't see it that way. I know for a fact we are cutting troop numbers in the Army by more than 100,000. And even the appearance of a weaker American military has consequences for America's influence. Not just as a deterrent for our safety, but as assurance to our many allies who depend on the American military as their deterrent as well

We're downsizing our Navel presence, which is presently unmatched by anyone. The Air Force A-10 fleet is being cut.

Meanwhile China and Russia are developing carbon copies of our most advanced war machines and weapons systems.

In my opinion Congress should put a stop to all military cuts. And bring in a oversight committee that have military backgrounds to find and recommend ways to cut spending in a responsible way. We shouldn't pretend the World War era is over, as anyone can see the world is volatile.