Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss172
Re: George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty on All Charges

It is amazing the jury was able to put aside the emotion and look at the case objectively. There just wasn't enough evidence put forward by the state to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that the decedent was murdered by malice vs. a fight that escalated and was stopped by someone "in fear of their life."

The peripheral issue, George Zimmerman following Trayvon Martin, after being advised to not follow him by a 911 dispatcher was not illegal. In a neighborhood that had suffered recent burglaries, following a suspicious individual until law enforcement arrived was not a crime; I probably would have too.

The sad part was the encounter that ensued and the results that occurred. Even though it was emotional case, it was decided objectively. The letter of the law was what prevailed...not necessarily the spirit.

If we run away from objectiveness and release ourselves to emotion, we will be no better than the new lion who takes over a pride then slaughters the cubs from the previous lion's litter.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mirrormere For This Useful Post:
fenek, Monoxide, whoreofbabalon, xstunt1ngx
Old 07-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Hobbslefthand
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:617
Malevolent

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss914

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormere View Post

If we run away from objectiveness and release ourselves to emotion, we will be no better than the new lion who takes over a pride then slaughters the cubs from the previous lion's litter.
I get what you mean but that is a bad analogy.

From a natural standpoint, whether we like it or not, the Lions actions are logical in ensuring only it's genealogical line survives and benefits from the pride.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Wench
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:795

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss621

Read the court docs...the stupid bitch went to HIS house...in violation of a protective order SHE filed, left the house to get a gun, returned and fired her warning shots. Granted, 20 yrs is way too steep for that but seems to me the cunt was looking for a fight to begin with!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wench For This Useful Post:
Monoxide, Nasty Nuggets
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Wench:
banana dick
Old 07-14-2013, 07:24 PM
mrmondaynightt
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4414

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss40

Zimmerman probably felt he had a good reason to follow Martin, and Martin had a good reason to believe he needed to defend himself. Neither one of them knew the other by sight or reputation. From their subjective perspectives, they were both strange people acting strangely.

Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch, cruising the neighborhood after a series of break-ins. He sees someone he hasn't seen around before, walking around surprisingly casually in the rain after dusk. From his perspective, he had ever reason to be suspicious.

Martin was simply a kid visiting family who lived in the neighborhood. He was just out walking home after picking up some iced tea and skittles from the store, talking to his girlfriend on the cell the whole while, until he notices someone slowly...slowly following behind him in his car. He has just as many reasons to be suspicious as Zimmerman.

It's a weird situation for both of them. One based entirely on misunderstandings and nearly pointless suspicions, and one that ended up being handled in the worst possible ways.

The whole, "I left to my car and he looked for me" story has way too many loopholes in it for me.

How does a kid go from running away from you...to then out of nowhere looking for you? It doesn't make any sense.

None of us know exactly what happened that night. All we have is Zimmerman's side, and a bunch of conflicting eyewitness accounts that could easily point to either scenario depending on how you look at them.

The biggest problem I have is there are some people think Zimmerman did everything right and not a thing wrong. His behavior that night was far from normal.

Bad judgement on both sides lead to the death of 1.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrmondaynightt For This Useful Post:
bigjoe, Brometheus, icheerthebull, martymoo, moonleya
Old 07-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynightt View Post
Zimmerman probably felt he had a good reason to follow Martin, and Martin had a good reason to believe he needed to defend himself. Neither one of them knew the other by sight or reputation. From their subjective perspectives, they were both strange people acting strangely.

Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch, cruising the neighborhood after a series of break-ins. He sees someone he hasn't seen around before, walking around surprisingly casually in the rain after dusk. From his perspective, he had ever reason to be suspicious.

Martin was simply a kid visiting family who lived in the neighborhood. He was just out walking home after picking up some iced tea and skittles from the store, talking to his girlfriend on the cell the whole while, until he notices someone slowly...slowly following behind him in his car. He has just as many reasons to be suspicious as Zimmerman.

It's a weird situation for both of them. One based entirely on misunderstandings and nearly pointless suspicions, and one that ended up being handled in the worst possible ways.

The whole, "I left to my car and he looked for me" story has way too many loopholes in it for me.

How does a kid go from running away from you...to then out of nowhere looking for you? It doesn't make any sense.

None of us know exactly what happened that night. All we have is Zimmerman's side, and a bunch of conflicting eyewitness accounts that could easily point to either scenario depending on how you look at them.

The biggest problem I have is there are some people think Zimmerman did everything right and not a thing wrong. His behavior that night was far from normal.

Bad judgement on both sides lead to the death of 1.
and the conversation should end with this statement alone. Anything after this is just white racists complaining about black people making this a race issue, and well no black people are on this site (or dont mention they are black) to defend that notion.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
clndstn46, icheerthebull, martymoo, mrmondaynightt
Old 07-14-2013, 08:05 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench View Post
Read the court docs...the stupid bitch went to HIS house...in violation of a protective order SHE filed, left the house to get a gun, returned and fired her warning shots. Granted, 20 yrs is way too steep for that but seems to me the cunt was looking for a fight to begin with!
how typical. the woman in an abusive relationship was asking for it.

you're really stupid.

The Following User Says Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
moonleya
The Following Users Disliked This Post By banana dick:
Monoxide
Old 07-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Gaydolf Shitler
Offline:
DETECTIVE JOHN KIMBAL!
Poster Rank:143
cocksack

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 13/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss6914

Quote:
Originally Posted by clndstn46 View Post
Fucking Florida.
Man I hate this place.
Another reminder that it's okay to kill children here.
so it's okay for kids to attack adults and not expect repercussion?
Get that bullshit outta here. It is kinda funny that some older guy was getting his shit pushed in by a kid

Old 07-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaydolf Shitler View Post
Get that bullshit outta here. It is kinda funny that some older guy was getting his shit pushed in by a kid
lol @ your sig.. Y he dont hold me like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
Gaydolf Shitler
Old 07-14-2013, 10:00 PM
GODREKR
Offline:
✖ The Antique Christ ✖
Poster Rank:92
Sin Eater
Contributions: 28

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11449

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
dexterrrrr.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to GODREKR For This Useful Post:
bigjoe
Old 07-14-2013, 10:48 PM
mrmondaynightt
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4414

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaydolf Shitler View Post
that story seems very far fetched. The last persons story we should take as gold is Zimmerman's. He has/had every single reason to lie.

Here's my problem with that

Zimmerman told the operator that Trayvon was running away from him. If he's running away from, why would he stop & run back into the opposite direction and start attacking him?

Given that Zimmerman is the only witness to what occurred at the end of the phone calls, one either has to put stock in his shifting-with-the-wind account or one has to be skeptical (within a range of views). Any assertion about who initiated hostilities is simply unsupportable, because quite frankly, the only first-hand witness is untrustworthy.

Btw, this is how Zimmerman looked after the fight

And this is how he looked after the cleanup at the police station

Does this look like a man that had his head bashed in to the concrete over 25 times?

It should be a given that Zimmerman had brandished or drawn before the fight began; Zimmerman's own story claims that Martin was going for his gun. If it were concealed, Martin couldn't have known about it. (Unless we add "frisking" to the list of things he was doing delivering two dozen punches, smothering with both hands, and repeatedly bashing him into sidewalk - all while delivering a sinister monologue. It's obvious why he was was afraid for his life, he was being assaulted by The Flash.)

Let's suppose when the fight started Zimmerman had his gun in-hand and the fight was over that gun. This plausibly answers and explains:
- the lack of injury to everyone's hands
- why Martin had no injuries other than the fatal one
- what Zimmerman was doing for 40 seconds instead of getting out from under a smaller opponent
- Zimmerman's trouble finding his "phone"

Is it so far-fetched that he wanted to scare a "loving punk" who didn't react how he expected?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrmondaynightt For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, kellyhound, Ozzman