Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5488
Gay Sex Gets Sentence Of Up To LIFE In Prison: Uganda Law

Uganda's President Museveni signs controversial anti-gay bill into law

Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni has signed into law a bill that toughens penalties against gay people and defines some homosexual acts as crimes punishable by life in prison.

Quote:
Homosexual acts are already illegal in Uganda, and Museveni had gone back and forth recently about whether he would sign the controversial bill in the face of vocal opposition from the West.

At the public signing of the bill Monday, a defiant Museveni declared that he would not allow the West to impose its values on Uganda.

"We have been disappointed for a long time by the conduct of the West, the way you conduct yourselves there," he told CNN's Zain Verjee in Entebbe. "Our disappointment is now exacerbated because we are sorry to see that you live the way you live, but we keep quiet about it. Now you say 'you must also live like us' -- that's where we say no."

The bill, introduced first in 2009, originally included a death penalty clause for some homosexual acts. It was briefly shelved when Britain and other European nations threatened to withdraw aid to Uganda, which relies on millions of dollars from the international community.

The nation's parliament passed the bill in December, replacing the death penalty provision with a proposal of life in prison for "aggravated homosexuality." This includes acts in which one person is infected with HIV, "serial offenders" and sex with minors, according to Amnesty International.

The bill also proposed years in prison for anyone who counsels or reaches out to gays and lesbians, a provision that would ensnare rights groups and others providing services to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

Museveni's position on the law changed several times since lawmakers passed it late last year. In January he said he wouldn't sign the bill, describing homosexuals as "sick" people who needed help, not imprisonment. But he backtracked this month and said he'd sign it because scientists had determined that there is no gene for homosexuality and that it is merely a choice to embrace abnormal behavior.

"It was learned and could be unlearned," Museveni said.

Shortly after his announcement, U.S. President Barack Obama warned that enacting the bill would affect relations between the two nations. He described the proposal as an "affront and a danger to the gay community" in Uganda. The U.S. is among the nation's largest donors.

On Monday, Museveni rejected the suggestion that the new laws were a step back for Uganda and said he wasn't concerned about the West's perception of his country.

"Worried? Not at all," he told CNN. "If the West doesn't want to work with us because of homosexuals, then we have enough space here to live by ourselves and do business with other people."

"We see how you do things, the families, how they're organized. All the things, we see them, we keep quiet," he said. "It's not our country, maybe you like it. So there's now an attempt at social imperialism -- to impose social values of one group on our society."

Homosexuality in Africa

Homosexuality is illegal in 38 African countries, where most sodomy laws were introduced during colonialism. In Uganda, homosexual acts were punishable by 14 years to life in prison even before the controversial bill was signed into law.

Lawmakers in the conservative nation sought tougher legislation, saying the influence of Western lifestyles risked destroying family units.

Rights groups worldwide have condemned the bill as draconian.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/24/wo...anti-gay-bill/
READ: Uganda president: Homosexuals are 'disgusting'

Click image for larger version

Name:	489px-Museveni_July_2012_Cropped.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	518658
Yoweri Kaguta Museveni

Name:	140224154241-restricted-amanpour-uganda-gay-couples-4-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	518659

Name:	140224154656-restricted-amanpour-uganda-gay-couples-5-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	518660
A couple of gay ugandan couples

Name:	Uganda_older_man_md.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	518661
Some ugandan dude whatsoever

Name:	SDIM1344_s.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	518662
Another ugandan dude whatsoever

Name:	Uganda_Ntungamo.png
Views:	87
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	518663
Museveni's exact birthplace is unknown, however, he was most likely born in Ntungamo, which is located in south-western Uganda. Ntungamo is shown in red.

Project Send a Cow To Uganda

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, Megamel29
Old 02-25-2014, 06:05 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Gay Sex Gets Sentence Of Up To LIFE In Prison: Uganda Law

What a twat. I hope countries stop sending help and it hurts the government.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, invertigo, K9Grip, winvens
Old 02-25-2014, 06:32 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Good on them for standing up to international bullies, they are a sovereign nation and have every right to make their own laws. Giving foreign aid doesn't grant that country the right to dictate policies, stay out of other countries shit.

I'll also point something out. In certain African countries where there is no law against homosexuality it is still punishable by death and they get no trial, so in a fucked up way this is a step foreward.

One last thing, how many people from this site have spent time in Africa? I will bet there are not that many, so think about that before hitting the RAGE button.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
DannyDrama, fenek, gatagato
Old 02-25-2014, 07:01 AM
gatagato
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Good on them for standing up to international bullies, they are a sovereign nation and have every right to make their own laws. Giving foreign aid doesn't grant that country the right to dictate policies, stay out of other countries shit.

I'll also point something out. In certain African countries where there is no law against homosexuality it is still punishable by death and they get no trial, so in a fucked up way this is a step foreward.

One last thing, how many people from this site have spent time in Africa? I will bet there are not that many, so think about that before hitting the RAGE button.
Wait a minute. I'm all for the sovereign nations being free to decide what to do within their boundaries, plus i'm straight so no directly involved with the issue. But hey! A country sentencing to LIFE in prison someone for being gay, MAYBE (not sure) needs some help, especially their president (they don't even fuck know where their president was born, "most likely" in their language means "i have no clue") needs a doctor, a very good one, not saying to bomb them

Plus, thanks to the project "Project Send a Cow To Uganda", you can nuke them much more than you will ever imagine, all you have to do is

Explosion Caused by Cow Farts Literally Blows The Roof Off Barn

+

Send a Cow To Uganda,

Yes, send many cows there, it is nice

but

a cow with all those farts and burps, tsk! No need to call scientists, no need to make project manhattan 4.0, all you need is to send there a bunch of cows (trained to burp & fart in synchro), then, at some point, some expendable dude lighting up a cigarette.
Some experts say that each one of these damn'd cows expels 100 liters to 200 liters a day (or about 26 gallons to about 53 gallons) of methane, 500 liters according to others.
In any case, if you send 8.000 well-trainded cows methane = 1.600.000 liters of methane.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
invertigo, K9Grip, winvens
Old 02-25-2014, 02:19 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss3276

Glad to see the Ugandan government has their priorities straight

gatagato
Old 02-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 10919 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss25860

Why are so many African's anti-gay?

Old 02-25-2014, 02:45 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Why are so many African's anti-gay?
AIDs epidemic mixed with strong Islamic influences and poor education all around.

EDIT: In South Africa, specifically. North African countries have a significantly lower rate of infection.

gatagato, Illusion, winvens
Old 02-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Shadedwill
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:250
Male (evidently surprisingly)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421

Do they still believe that raping a baby will cure AIDS or has that practice died out yet?

Old 02-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadedwill View Post
Do they still believe that raping a baby will cure AIDS or has that practice died out yet?
No, their local witch doctors still preach that one to them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
gatagato