**Corpsegrinding 4 profit**

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1355
Fury at Grisly Autopsy Photos of Australian Backpacker Britt Lapthorne

To tell you the truth im not sure what the fuss is about. It's a medical school. They do use old photos for teaching. Only a problem if they leak and end up here.
Distressing for parents i know.
Her murder was some filthy cops and covered up.

Quote:

Fury at grisly autopsy photos of Australian backpacker Britt Lapthorne

GRUESOME autopsy photos of Melbourne backpacker Britt Lapthorne were freely shown to students at a Croatian medical school.

Australian authorities are investigating how the secret medical files with details of the 21-year-old's grisly death made its way into the school.

The Zagreb medical school at the centre of the controversy has stopped using the images and since apologised to the grieving family, who are still wanting to find their daughter's killer.

Ms Lapthorne vanished in mysterious circumstances from Dubrovnik's Fuego nightclub on September 18, 2008. Her decomposed body was found at sea 18 days later and her parents are certain she was murdered.

Her father, Dale Lapthorne, said he was aware of the Department of Foreign Affairs' investigation but could not comment on it.

A DFAT spokesman said immediate action was taken, with contact being made with the medical authorities, the head of the medical school, the investigating police and Croatia's foreign ministry.

"The government is deeply concerned images of Britt Lapthorne's autopsy have been used for teaching purposes at a medical school in Zagreb," a DFAT spokesman said.

"Those responsible for the use of the images have apologised unreservedly, stopped using the material, and given an undertaking to destroy the remaining images."

Mr Lapthorne has recently returned home from retracing the last month of his daughter's steps across Europe to mark the third anniversary of her death.

"When you are on the go 24/7 I felt I was with my daughter and that she was with me. It was very emotional and there were times when I thought I couldn't go on," he said.

"We as a family felt we needed to do this. She took so many photos that we were able to retrace her steps.

"It was quite incredible because her photos came to life. They went from two-dimensional to becoming three-dimensional. It was like she was telling us her story."

He tried to catch the same trains she did, eat at the same places and attended festivals as he toured Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Austria, Slovenia, Bosnia and Croatia.

Mr Lapthorne said people in Bosnia and Croatia still remembered his daughter's disappearance.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Mr.Goodbar
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:472

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1355
Re: Fury at Grisly Autopsy Photos of Australian Backpacker Britt Lapthorne

hmmm, interesting what the dad had to say about the actual report when it came out years ago.

Quote:
Dad's fury at Britt Lapthorne autopsy in Croatia

AN autopsy on Melbourne backpacker Britt Lapthorne was "childish" and sheds no light on how she died, her stunned father said last night.

"A grade 12 student could do a better job than this," Dale Lapthorne said after being read the report.

"It was two pages and most of that was headings."

The report described the damage to the body but made no attempt to explain how it came to be in such a horrific state, he said.

"To some extent it's far worse than what we had been told previously," Mr Lapthorne said.

The Victorian Coroner would conduct a new autopsy when he brought his daughter home this week, he said.

"The body will be picked up by the coroner at the airport. I've been assured that any investigation by the coroner's department will be a thorough scientific investigation at a very high level."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The autopsy took a week to complete, which Britt's family believes was an unacceptable delay that may have hindered their search for answers. Reports in local media were suggesting that there had been a finding of no foul play, but Mr Lapthorne strongly refuted this.

"There is nothing in the report from the translation made to us that indicates accidental death or death by other means," he said.

"There are no visible signs of an act of death because the body is in such a poor condition.

"I cannot see what assistance that report would give to the police investigation."

The flimsy results are a blow for the Lapthornes, who fear 21-year-old university student Britt met foul play and was dumped at sea.

The investigation into her death must continue despite the findings, Mr Lapthorne said.

"From a society point of view, if there are perpetrators of a crime there needs to be resolution. We can't tolerate people committing such a heinous crime."

Britt's brother, Darren, said: "There's nothing even stating why there was such a rapid rate of decomposition.

"Our main objective was to bring her home alive. We did not do that. At least we have the consolation that we can take her home."

Britt's mother, Elke, grieving at home in Eden Park in Melbourne's northern outskirts, is now planning her funeral, a family friend has disclosed.

The body was found in a sea cove by a local fisherman. On Friday police confirmed it was Britt, last seen a few hundred metres away at Dubrovnik's Latino Club Fuego nightspot on September 18.

The family reject any suggestion that Britt jumped or fell off the cliff above the cove, a suicide spot.

Detectives in Dubrovnik reportedly have interviewed 340 witnesses from the nightclub, some of whom saw Britt leave at 3.30am.

One Croatian woman saw her laughing and dancing with an English-speaking man for most of the evening, up to the time she departed, ABC Radio reported.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 PM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:58
Dude

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098

Pictures, please!!!

Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Mr.Goodbar
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:472

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1355

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooshman View Post
Pictures, please!!!
No pictures - that's why i put it in the news section

Old 11-04-2011, 08:36 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
6/11 ssss61185

autopsy took a week amateurs.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:30 AM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Amateurs? Well it is a medic..........

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
i_see_what_you_did_there_RE_Anyone_else_see_it-s450x545-95526.jpg  

Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 PM
luton loyal
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:115

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8704

Old 11-04-2011, 02:51 PM
TheCapn
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:856
Male

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss545

Yeah fucking horrible story of police corruption.
For those who don't know it, there were other tourists who claimed two men had shown police badges and offered them lifts back to various hostels. The sketches these women had drawn were all very similar and actually matched two Croatian police officers who work in that area.
Also Australian police proved that the CCTV footage had been tampered with and frames had been removed whilst in Croatia.

So basically...corrupt police abducting girls and their police force was covering it up.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheCapn For This Useful Post:
charming
Old 11-05-2011, 01:48 PM
LadyPox
Offline:
Dothraki Chick
Poster Rank:203
** Colorado Girl **

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20