Go Back  

Frontman of 'Christian' Heavy Metal Band As I Lay Dying Arrested in Murder-for-hire 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 05-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Iliketurtles
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss864
Frontman of 'Christian' Heavy Metal Band As I Lay Dying Arrested in Murder-for-hire

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nged-wife.html

The lead singer of Grammy-nominated heavy metal band As I Lay Dying was arrested Tuesday in Southern California as authorities said he tried to hire an undercover detective to kill his estranged wife.
Tim Lambesis, 32, was arrested at a retail business in Oceanside, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.
The statement said detectives received information Thursday that Lambesis had solicited someone to kill his wife, Meggan, who lives in nearby Encinitas with their three adopted children.

It was not clear whether Lambesis had hired an attorney, and a phone message seeking comment left at a number listed in his name was not immediately returned.
No one answered the door at the singer's home in Del Mar, 20 miles north of San Diego, and neighbors declined to talk about him.
The long-haired, heavily tattooed musician was arrested 'without incident' at around 2pm on Vista Way in Oceanside, according to the sheriff's office.

Police had previously learned Lambesis was looking for someone to carry out the killing, San Diego County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said.
‘The information came to us late last week. We acted quickly on it. I believe that we averted a great tragedy,’ she said.
Meggan Lambesis filed papers in San Diego Superior Court in September 2012 seeking a dissolution of marriage, according to an online court database.
A representative for the As I Lay Dying's record label, Metal Blade, could not immediately be reached for comment.
Lambesis’ band in recent days had been touring in Asia. On Monday, the 32-year-old vocalist said on his Twitter page: ‘Goodbye China. I'll be home in about 15 hours.’
According to its website, the band is scheduled to tour the country with several other metal acts starting later this month.

Before their split in 2012, Tim and Meggan adopted three children from Ethiopia. The vocalist’s fans expressed shock and disbelief in reaction to his arrest, posting messages of support on his Facebook page.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iliketurtles For This Useful Post:
kellyhound, Megamel29, Pyramid_Head
Old 05-08-2013, 07:51 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Re: Frontman of 'Christian' Heavy Metal Band As I Lay Dying Arrested in Murder-for-hi

How very 'Christian' of him

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
Kanda444, kellyhound
Old 05-08-2013, 07:05 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 401

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss61129
Re: Frontman of 'Christian' Heavy Metal Band As I Lay Dying Arrested in Murder-for-hi

hired an undercover cop to do the kill and still fans supporting him.

Attached Images

Old 05-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Hvergelmir
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:119
Contributions: 2

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1456 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8385

As I Lay Crying sucks anyways.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hvergelmir For This Useful Post:
5umguy24, dean mclean, Gaydolf Shitler, whoreofbabalon
Old 05-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss12566

They have a couple songs I like. My sister loves them and is really bummed about this. It is shocking to say the least.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:30 AM
GregK
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:313
male

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2473

good humour

Old 05-10-2013, 01:53 PM
clndstn46
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2051

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss141

I have a Christian friend who is in absolute denial over this, it's hilarious, really.
Metalcore has seen better days meh. They suck anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to clndstn46 For This Useful Post:
Iliketurtles