Poster Rank:230

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1542 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3865
Re: Fresno, CA Police Execute Unarmed Mentally Ill Man

Breaking news : George Soros kills more cops today !

The Following User Says Thank You to wmbondurant For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 04-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Desensitisation
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:202

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss4412
Re: Fresno, CA Police Execute Unarmed Mentally Ill Man

Frankly, when a cop shoots a non-compliant anyone, whether mentally ill or not, I believe they have done their job appropriately.

When it comes to the mentally ill specifically, I struggle to understand why society in general finds it so important to protect them when they have become aggressive, violent, and dangerously irrational. It's basically a "get out of jail free" card to be mentally ill, and I think that's quite possibly the most backwards thing our society supports.

Why do I think this? Because I do not believe all lives are equal. I don't believe everyone automatically deserves to live, when they are behaving in a way that threatens the lives and safety of others. There are over seven billion of us; if we do away with the violently mentally ill? There will still be around seven billion of us. The world today sinks significant resources into protecting the mentally ill, and I'm fine with that when the illness is one that doesn't result in someone being a threat.

But if your special snowflake pulls a knife or a gun, and isn't in a situation where they can be safely dealt with non-lethally, then by all means, end their life. The last thing this world needs is more violent mentally ill individuals.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Desensitisation For This Useful Post:
Nasty Nuggets, Oswald2001, pbaj12