Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss523
Re: Fresno, CA Police Execute Unarmed Mentally Ill Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbondurant View Post
That's not tethered in reality , of course ,you would shoot to stop the threat with deadly force .

Time and time again we see cops shooting and killing the homeless and mentally ill with pens and knifes in their hands . Or for just moving forward in a threatening manner .
Look ,I'm all about cops going home to their families after their shift but we are reaching a Moral and social crisis .
Polic brutality in on the forefront of the news / police are being murdered in cold blood .

In life perception is everything , it's the way we see thing as our reality . This doesn't nessisarly deem it the truth .
Cops are perceived as killers by more than many .

just on the humane side , cops need more (less than lethal) options and the day to day training to use the correctly .

It won't solve the problems of our society but the image of police would be greatly improved .
There's a problem with treatment of the mentally ill and homeless. Look at a lot of mass shootings and you will see the shooters had something that wasn't treated.
Places that do have treatment and get back on your feet programs aren't being fully used because a lot of homeless and mentally ill don't want to change.

A lot of cops carry all or some combination of bean bag shotguns, pepperball and 40MM sponge rounds. They should also have pepperspray and a Taser.

Bean bag shotguns are effective but you need a still target and at least 15 feet distance.
Pepperball is a deterrent, it's basically like getting hit with paintballs and you have the powder that burns. A determined person would not be affected by pepperball at all.
40MM Impact rounds have the same issues as the shotgun. A determined person would be affected by them but can still fight.

If police immediately pull out less lethal weapons, a lot of people start complaining about trigger happy cops just looking to shoot someone.

If a cop is dealing with someone that has a knife, there is a unofficial "21 foot rule." Basically the average officer would be able to draw his gun and shoot two rounds by the time the person with the knife would reach him.

Most people that are mentally ill, high on drugs or a number of other things know that a cop rolling up with lights/sirens, getting out with his gun drawn while telling you to get on the ground..isn't the time to start reaching into your pockets or doing quick movements.

Less lethal weapons are used a lot and there's no praise for when it's used instead of lethal force. It's not news.
And there should be no standard to use less lethal against someone before using lethal. If a bad guy is prepared to use lethal force, they should expect lethal force to be used against them.

---

If you can save some scumbag by using less lethal, cool. If you can't well then I guess just deal with all the people on the internet who think you should have shot him in the leg at the least. These are the same people that aren't cops. That probably haven't shot a gun. They don't know the skill needed to shoot someone in the leg and don't know the effectiveness of the shot. They probably take things at face value and don't know all of the circumstances. They probably believe the family when they say Johnny was a good person and didn't deserve to die, he never hurt anyone. Welcome to the internet, where everyone is an expert . And if they disagree with what experts say after a cop shoots someone, let's go riot because there's a conspiracy

The Following User Says Thank You to pbaj12 For This Useful Post:
lesslis2015
Old 03-28-2016, 04:41 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:230

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1542 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
There is no 'crisis' in Reality.

All that has been generated by the George Soros funded groups, Sheik Hussein Obama, Liberals and Anarchists.

You're buying into bullsh*t.

If a person comes up to a cop, makes a furtive move and suddenly produces a black object...he stands a very good chance of being shot to death by the cops.

And considering the state of the world, that how the cops should act.

The demonizing of the police is more evil and will do more damage to our society than anything for which the cops have been falsely accused.

Go ahead and be part of the voice that tells police loudly and clearly, "Don't be a cop. We'll lynch you every chance we get. We'll ruin your life.".

Brilliant.

Where is the 'Public Awareness' campaign of 'Stop Being Criminals', 'Stop Acting Like F*ckwits', 'Crime Does Not Pay', 'Actions Have Consequences', etc. ?

Put those messages in the low life Ghetto Trash communities and other criminal loving communities.

Never mind the very few 'bad' cops.

FIRST...get the criminals.

100% of the Thugs and other Criminals are BAD.

Start there.
That's a bit dramatic and a mischaracterization of my thoughts , Oswald2001.

Let's not embellish my comments to make a broader point .

I'm pro cop . I'm pro cop executing threats . I've already explained the rest above .
One must read the words with calm eyes to see the exact meaning .
Not everything in this world is black and white .

The Following User Says Thank You to wmbondurant For This Useful Post:
lovelylucinda
Old 03-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2764 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10534

Cops are not mental health experts.

Cops are not butchers, bakers or candlestick makers.

Cops are not nuclear scientists.

Cops are not hear surgeons.

Cops are not shoe makers.

Cops are not automechanics.

Cops are not dentists.

Cops are not electrical engineers.

Cops are not sculptors.

Cops are not farmers.

Cops are not chefs.

Cops are just cops.

It is INSANE to expect them to be everything to everyone at all times.

Demand the impossible from cops and all the while f*cking with them?

That's a formula for the complete and total destruction of Society.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Coprophilia
Old 03-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10534

Quote:
That's a bit dramatic and a mischaracterization of my thoughts , Oswald2001.

Let's not embellish my comments to make a broader point .

I'm pro cop . I'm pro cop executing threats . I've already explained the rest above .
One must read the words with calm eyes to see the exact meaning .
Not everything in this world is black and white .
I just called you out on your nonsense.

When you buy into the Psycho Nonsense, then you too are being a Nonsensical Psycho.

Most of the US has gone "Down The Rabbit Hole" and will insanely accept complete and obvious bullsh*t as if it were 'reasonable' and worthy of consideration.

Don't confuse me with one of those disgusting clowns.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:54 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
9/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3865

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaj12 View Post
There's a problem with treatment of the mentally ill and homeless. Look at a lot of mass shootings and you will see the shooters had something that wasn't treated.
Places that do have treatment and get back on your feet programs aren't being fully used because a lot of homeless and mentally ill don't want to change.

A lot of cops carry all or some combination of bean bag shotguns, pepperball and 40MM sponge rounds. They should also have pepperspray and a Taser.

Bean bag shotguns are effective but you need a still target and at least 15 feet distance.
Pepperball is a deterrent, it's basically like getting hit with paintballs and you have the powder that burns. A determined person would not be affected by pepperball at all.
40MM Impact rounds have the same issues as the shotgun. A determined person would be affected by them but can still fight.

If police immediately pull out less lethal weapons, a lot of people start complaining about trigger happy cops just looking to shoot someone.

If a cop is dealing with someone that has a knife, there is a unofficial "21 foot rule." Basically the average officer would be able to draw his gun and shoot two rounds by the time the person with the knife would reach him.

Most people that are mentally ill, high on drugs or a number of other things know that a cop rolling up with lights/sirens, getting out with his gun drawn while telling you to get on the ground..isn't the time to start reaching into your pockets or doing quick movements.

Less lethal weapons are used a lot and there's no praise for when it's used instead of lethal force. It's not news.
And there should be no standard to use less lethal against someone before using lethal. If a bad guy is prepared to use lethal force, they should expect lethal force to be used against them.

---

If you can save some scumbag by using less lethal, cool. If you can't well then I guess just deal with all the people on the internet who think you should have shot him in the leg at the least. These are the same people that aren't cops. That probably haven't shot a gun. They don't know the skill needed to shoot someone in the leg and don't know the effectiveness of the shot. They probably take things at face value and don't know all of the circumstances. They probably believe the family when they say Johnny was a good person and didn't deserve to die, he never hurt anyone. Welcome to the internet, where everyone is an expert . And if they disagree with what experts say after a cop shoots someone, let's go riot because there's a conspiracy
Nice clean response a bit wild and emotional at the end but kudos anyway . Your preaching to the choir , man . I've seen over and over and over cops surrounding a perp with a knife . This encounter May last 20 minutes or more . Plenty of time to bring him down with less than leathal but time and time again they are shot dead.The Japanese are using these crazy shotgun nets and they work.That's all im saying
I understand the logistics of self defense , I won't talk of my training with weapons . But I know the how and when and why .

Old 03-28-2016, 04:59 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
9/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3865

Quote:
I just called you out on your nonsense.

When you buy into the Psycho Nonsense, then you too are being a Nonsensical Psycho.

Most of the US has gone "Down The Rabbit Hole" and will insanely accept complete and obvious bullsh*t as if it were 'reasonable' and worthy of consideration.

Don't confuse me with one of those disgusting clowns.
Im not ; but you shouldn't confuse me either
I don't consider it nonsense , it's a topic that needs to be discussed . We need a space age beam ray that can paralyze or kill with the switch of a button .
That's all

The Following User Says Thank You to wmbondurant For This Useful Post:
lovelylucinda
Old 03-28-2016, 05:01 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
9/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3865

Quote:
Cops are not mental health experts.

Cops are not butchers, bakers or candlestick makers.

Cops are not nuclear scientists.

Cops are not hear surgeons.

Cops are not shoe makers.

Cops are not automechanics.

Cops are not dentists.

Cops are not electrical engineers.

Cops are not sculptors.

Cops are not farmers.

Cops are not chefs.

Cops are just cops.

It is INSANE to expect them to be everything to everyone at all times.

Demand the impossible from cops and all the while f*cking with them?

That's a formula for the complete and total destruction of Society.
Cops are public servants
Public servants

Old 03-28-2016, 05:04 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
9/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3865

If you think there's no crisis you should ask the cops in your city if they are scared of being executed n the streets . I have and they are .

Old 03-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10534

Quote:
Im not ; but you shouldn't confuse me either
I don't consider it nonsense , it's a topic that needs to be discussed . We need
That's all

"Earth to wmbondurant. Earth to wmbondurant."

There is no such thing as "a space age beam ray that can paralyze or kill with the switch of a button".

Only Nonsensical Pyscho People that are "Down The Rabbit Hole" continue blindly on in their pseudo 'thought' processes as if there is such as thing.

Because they are delusional and insane, they are having the mental experience of outrage at the dream delusion 'fact' that the cops 'could' push a Magic Button but refuse to do so.

And your narrative, because of your own insanity (as you have been infected to some degree with the Liberal Psycho Nonsense), is often - or at least partially coming from 'Down The Rabbit Hole'.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
wmbondurant
Old 03-28-2016, 05:27 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10534

Quote:
If you think there's no crisis you should ask the cops in your city if they are scared of being executed n the streets . I have and they are .
There you are twisting things again.

The is no crisis in police officer misconduct.

Simple.