Poster Rank:641

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss864
Re: France Begins Ban on Niqab and Burqa

I support it..and cant wait for the bann to be in canada..but hey lets be honest it wont happen

Old 04-11-2011, 03:33 PM
vnathan
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:56489
8=====>

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss0

It's okay by all means. If they're citing security as the concern.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:37 PM
observant
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5051

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss32

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackem View Post
I know, I have spent months in Islamic countries. I understand what culture is, defined.

What I want to know is why they can't be worn in Europe. I can read and find my own answers to anything. But I want to hear from real people here and now. Retaliatory politics?
Practically speaking, the Burka can't be worn in Europe for the same reason a shop keep in Europe will ask you to put down your hood if you wear one into his/her store. It conceals Identity, and is a very practical tool for a thief.
Think about it; wanna rob someone? Wear a Burka. In fact, wear a Black one. Your victim will have no description of your face or body structure, and quite frankly, there are thousands of people dressed exactly like you.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 PM
observant
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss32

Quote:
I know, I have spent months in Islamic countries. I understand what culture is, defined.

What I want to know is why they can't be worn in Europe. I can read and find my own answers to anything. But I want to hear from real people here and now. Retaliatory politics?
Practically speaking, the Burka/Niqab can't be worn in Europe for the same reason a shop keep in Europe will ask you to put down your hood if you wear one into his/her store. It conceals Identity, and is a very practical tool for a thief.
Think about it; wanna rob someone? Wear a Burka/ Niqab. In fact, wear a Black one. Your victim will have no description of your face or body structure, and quite frankly, there are thousands of people dressed exactly like you.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:26 PM
joak
Offline:
EPSILON-MINUS SEMI-MORON
Poster Rank:25
dude

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 8743 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss29533

FUCK YEAH! thats what im talking about.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Terminal Expiry
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1603

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss208

Quote:
Originally Posted by observant View Post
Practically speaking, the Burka/Niqab can't be worn in Europe for the same reason a shop keep in Europe will ask you to put down your hood if you wear one into his/her store. It conceals Identity, and is a very practical tool for a thief.
Think about it; wanna rob someone? Wear a Burka/ Niqab. In fact, wear a Black one. Your victim will have no description of your face or body structure, and quite frankly, there are thousands of people dressed exactly like you.
+1

Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 AM
atonomy
Offline:
Poster Rank:24527

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1

There are several fundamental issues with the banning...
France claims to be a democracy unfortunately with this ruling they have started down a very slippery slope. This is all reminiscent of societies facing eminent genocides. Germany, removal of anything Jewish or non-nazi, Rwanda, Bosnia, Armenia , Nanking and the list goes on with unlearned lessons.

So, as usual and through out history we pick on the weaker of society’s majority. We have a small population of women in France that wear the Hijab, I’m sure it’s a matter of National security as much as I’m sure it will bring peace on earth.

This new law as essentially isolated a very small population of women of which 90% chooses to wear the Hijab. They find comfort in wearing the hijab or Niqab. I’ll be the first chauvinistic bastard to say ‘I like my women in women in bikinis’ but that in now way entitles me to force all women to wear them.

Every society has their social issues. The “forced hijab” is similar to that of child abuse or spousal abuse and should be dealt with in the same manner, through corrective intervention by social workers and authorities. This is a VERY small population in the same manner that a small population of men beat their wives or children. Or should we now pass a law that since One man beats his wife, all men beat their wives and everyone is suspect!... Where do we stop?

Most Religions; in fact all religions preach “peace”, “Love”, and all the other nice words and Islam is no different. The bastardization of religion for one own selfish gains has been practiced since the beginning of time. However, insulting the sensibilities of millions of people is only going to flame the fire. It is surprising the level of ignorance that has been put into this new Law. (A discussion for another time: The fundamental basis for any religion was the controlling of the masses)

This law will no doubt have repercussions.

Some women will comply to the law and remove their Hijabs in public.
Some women will find other fashionable means to cover their heads (unless they start to ban hats as well)
Some women will by choice limit their public interactions (unfortunate)
Some women will be feel their religious needs come first and will protest the law and suffer the consequences
Some women won’t be as strong and will likely stay behind closed doors
Single mothers will may be forced to quit their jobs and become a burden on society, their family or worse.
Other women may quit their jobs causing disruption in family income and adversely impacting their children…you can work out the chain reactions of this.

The more extreme and dangerous situations are ‘forced hijab to forced confinement’. Men that forced ‘their’ women to wear hijab will likely confine them behind closed doors to keep them ‘safe’. Limit their interactions etc. or these men will force their families to countries where women have little to no rights. The Law will likely make situations worse for the women it was trying to help. Now, I can already hear the argument … “Well the women need to say something…” Please don’t show your ignorance! How many cases have you heard of or seen on TV show that repeated show abused women ‘NOT coming forward’ out of fear. This is no different.

What’s next…
Do we now enforce our values on the Sikhs and say they cannot wear turbans? Do we tell the monks that their sheets are too bright and non-conforming? Do we tell the priests and Nuns that their garb is too concealing? Heck, force the Pope to shorten his hat because it does not comply to local height zoning restrictions.

This WILL make matters worse. It seems that both the government of France and the Taliban has made issues of non-issues. The Taliban suppresses their women by taking away their rights and the Government of France suppresses them by taking away their rights. Talk about losing focus.

The Government of France I must say is a bunch of brainless fucks!

Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM
observant
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss32

I think you missed the point. We'll try this again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by observant
+1

I have pointed out 3 attributes the Burka/ Niqab that makes them perfect for someone with a criminal mindset. It conceals the face and Body structure, (the complexion) and finally, it acts as camouflage. Wearing a bright monk's clock, a Tall priest's hat, or even a nun's garb, will make you stand out. Nuns are the only people you'll find in a Nun's garb. For it to serve as camouflage every other Christian Women would need to wear one. (Not to mention that it doesn't cover the face; but that's just a sidenote.)

Walk down... Whitechapel road in east London and you'll notice that every other (apparent) women is draped in black from head to toe, including the Burka/ Niqab. All a burka wearing theft would need to do is turn the corner, and he/ she is gone.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:16 PM
ChockFullOfChock
Offline:
Madonna vergine bugiarda.
Poster Rank:301
Male

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2628

Quote:

OK, let me try to give you and answer.

For a start, Europe is hardcore secular. The days where the church ruled here are gone. Most countries are packed to the hilt with agnostics or 'cultural' Christians that don't actually believe in any of that shit. Now, when a woman covers herself up, she is essentially saying "I'm a muslim, I am proud". It's the same as Jews wearing their funny little caps and nuns dressing up too. There's a growing distrust of ANYONE who is outwardly religious.

Furthermore, there is also an expectation that anyone who comes into the country makes a damn good effort at assimilating. This may take a generation or two, but it must happen. You moved hear, you adapt (I fucking did it moving to Italy, no fucking excuses).

Finally, Islam really does have a shitty idea of human rights, and those human rights were earned in Europe through years and years of bloodshed, which is still subsiding even to this day. Turn back the clock? No fucking way.

All that said, I am not European, and I come from a long line of atheists, so maybe my view is skewed. Take my words as such.