Go Back  

Fox News Hacker Tweets Obama Dead (4 July 2011) 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 07-04-2011, 08:44 AM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942
Fox News Hacker Tweets Obama Dead (4 July 2011)

Name:  _53839000_foxtwitter1.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  14.8 KB

Quote:
Hackers have taken over a Twitter account belonging to US broadcaster Fox News and declared President Obama dead.

The @foxnewspolitics feed stated: "BREAKING NEWS: @BarackObama assassinated, 2 gunshot wounds have proved too much."

More than two hours after the malicious postings appeared, they had still not been removed.

A group or individual, calling themselves The Script Kiddies appeared to claim responsibility.

Fox News Politics began posting bizarre messages around 07.00 BST on July 4.

The first read: "Just regained full access to our Twitter and email. Happy 4th."

The next posting stated: "@BarackObama has just passed. The President is dead."

Script Kiddie

Fox News Politics is one of the Twitter accounts associated with the industry-leading cable news network.

Its Twitter account carries the "verified" tick icon, indicating that the feed belongs to the organisation it claims to be.

In among the messages about President Obama, a couple of tweets appeared from a user called The Script Kiddies. However, that account was quickly suspended.

The phrase "Script Kiddie" is internet slang for an inexperienced person who uses off-the-shelf hacking technology, developed by other people.

It is unclear why Fox News has been attacked in this instance. However, the broadcaster's conservative stance has made it unpopular with many Americans.

Fox News is the most watched cable news network in the United States, with its prime time shows attracting almost two million viewers, well ahead of rivals CNN and MSNBC.

An attack on another Fox Entertainment Group website, Fox.com was the first confirmed hit by hacker group Lulz Security in May 2011.

The now-disbanded organisation stole the personal details of 73,000 applicants for the US version of X Factor.

Source : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14012294

Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to güttsfükk For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle, Xfactor
Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 AM
DollHead
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:613
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916
Fox Politics Twitter Account Hacked Saying Obama Was Assassinated 7/4/11

Red-faced Fox News editors were scrambling early Monday to figure out how hackers broke into one of their Twitter accounts and posted several messages that President Obama had been assassinated.

The hackers broke into the broadcaster's Fox News Politics account at around 2 a.m. and posted several messages that President Obama had been shot and killed while campaigning in Iowa.

"@BarackObama has just passed. The President is dead. A sad 4th of July, indeed. President Barack Obama is dead," the first post said.

Moments later, the hackers wrote that Obama had been "shot twice in the lower pelvic area and in the neck; shooter unknown. Bled out."

After three more rapid-fire tweets, including one that said Obama had been killed at "Ross' Restaurant in Iowa," the hackers signed off by wishing Vice President Joe Biden luck as the country's new president.

"In such a time of madness, there's light at the end of tunnel," the hoaxsters wrote.

The seven phony tweets were still visible on the account, which carries Twitter's baby blue "verified account" badge, more than six hours later.

Fox's politics account has nearly 35,000 followers.

A group of hackers called The Script Kiddies appeared to claim responsibility for the Independence Day hoax, BBC News reported.

At one point, the account's picture was replaced with the group's logo, and a description said, ""H4CK3D BY TH3 5CR1PT K1DD3S."

In an interview with Stony Brook Magazine's Think magazine, a person claiming to be a part of the organization said the group had close ties to the infamous hacking clan Anonymous.

The Script Kiddies allegedly broke into the account sometime around midnight Sunday and posted a few tweets that linked back to their own account before beginning the Obama ruse, Think reported.

Twitter accounts that appeared to belong to the group, including @TheScriptKiddie and @ScriptKiddi3s, were suspended Monday morning.

Fox News said the hacking was being investigated, and apologized "for any distress the false tweets may have created."

Obama was spending the day with his family and scheduled to speak on the South Lawn of the White House at 6:30 p.m.

The break-in was the second time in recent months that Fox has been hacked.

In May, the hacking group Lulz Security leaked computer passwords of Fox employees online, changed several employees' LinkedIn accounts and posted the personal information of more than 70,000 contestants from talent show, The X Factor.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli..._i.html?r=news

Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Ninja Delusion
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:987

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss439
Re: Fox Politics Twitter Account Hacked Saying Obama Was Assassinated 7/4/11

Lol.

If this was the work of a pure troll, then this pwns.
If its the work of some advocate basement dweller, then this is lame.

Successful troll is successful.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:53 AM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Fox News Hacker Tweets Obama Dead (4 July 2011)

apparently your title wasn't catchy enough gutts.

Interesting. I wonder if they are going to go on an all scale man hunt for whoever did this

Old 07-04-2011, 12:08 PM
DollHead
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:613
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916

I saw your post and I thought oh shit I doubled post....again for once I was first on the take!!

Old 07-04-2011, 12:11 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

it's all good. I'm trying to give Gutts a hard time.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:12 PM
PinkFG2_K20
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:966
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss457
Re: Fox Politics Twitter Account Hacked Saying Obama Was Assassinated 7/4/11

LOL..Nice

Old 07-04-2011, 06:17 PM
güttsfükk
Offline:
Super *********
Poster Rank:34

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss22942

who ever posts first orlast is irrelevant really, it's always interetsing to see news articles from different media sources, i like watching how they quite often have different figures and facts that dont match

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to güttsfükk For This Useful Post:
candymosh, DollHead
Old 07-04-2011, 10:25 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21634 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss40897

Awesome prank.

(Now all the left-wingers have to get offended and say it's not funny... and the right wingers get to have a giggle. Just like when someone reported G.W. Bush dead and Fox News acted like it was some terrible thing and all the left-wingers claimed it was just free-speech.)

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.